This is my very first post. I am a long time Crackberry reader and a huge supporter of Blackberry and BBM. I'm really excited about the possibilities BBM can uncover for the company and I hope they capitalize on this to the fullest.

I have been adding a ton of contacts from Droid and Ios so far to my BBM list and everyone who has joined is excited about this new way for us to connect. I have a thought: It might be a good idea for all of us to spread the word as much as possible. Nothing is better than reaching out to people on a one-on-one basis. But aside from that I have begun putting my BBM pin in the signature line of my email. I recognize I don't want to offer my pin to EVERYONE I email but I do for most. So I have groups that get certain signatures that include my BBM PIN and on a case by case basis I delete the PIN information for those I don't want to include.

I would like to hear the thoughts from others on this. I feel it's an excellent and professional way to spread the word about BBM and elevates it beyond just a fun way to keep connected to one that is essential.
    anon(5624621) likes this.
    10-23-13 11:56 AM
    Welcome to CB!
    This is not a bad idea at all, and you should be able to format it as pin:12345678 in your email tag. This definitely works on older devices, and I have not tried it on anything newer.
    10-23-13 11:59 AM
    I have different signatures I use for different groups of people/situations and one of them does indeed have my PIN. I add them using autotext as needed so that could be a solution for you.

Welcome to the forums and keep spreading the word!
    10-23-13 12:02 PM
    Update:
    This works on BB10 devices. Long pressing on the PIN:12345678 gives the option to BBM chat if you already have the contact added, or add to BBM if you do not.

Android 4.3 device (Nexus 7) - I do not have the option to click on it and have it recognized. I can share via BBM but that is all.

I do not have an iOS device to test this with
    10-23-13 12:03 PM
    Update again

on Android and iOS it is

www. pin.bbm. com/12345678 (make sure to remove the space after www. and after bbm. )
    This works.
    10-23-13 12:07 PM
    If you go to invite from an Android or iOS device it gives the following text:

"On BlackBerry devices click pin:12345678 to add me to BBM. On Android or iPhone devices, click www. pin.bbm. com/12345678 to add me or download BBM". Have that in your signature line and you are golden. Remember to remove spaces in the URL
    David in Durham likes this.
    10-23-13 12:11 PM
    Wow that's really cool Sith. Thank you for that info. I had no idea about that link.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    10-23-13 12:15 PM
    If you go to invite from an Android or iOS device it gives the following text:

"On BlackBerry devices click pin:12345678 to add me to BBM. On Android or iPhone devices, click www. pin.bbm. com/12345678 to add me or download BBM". Have that in your signature line and you are golden. Remember to remove spaces in the URL
    What happens if you click the www.pin.bbm. com... link on a BlackBerry? Just wondering if that would work for all...
    10-23-13 01:34 PM
    A very good idea to popularize BBM to all those whatsapp lovers. I just thought of it a moment back and typed BBM pin in email signature in Google and here you go. CB already has a thread on it CB rocks!

Yes I agree that putting BBM PIN in email signature on selective basis will help BBM and blackberry gain popularity again. I think we all should try it. I got my first ever blackberry device few days back and am excited about sharing my BB love with everyone. Thinking about putting BBM Pin is also one of them.
    05-08-14 05:39 AM
    What happens if you click the www.pin.bbm. com... link on a BlackBerry? Just wondering if that would work for all...
    This happens:

Bbm pin in email signature line-picsart_1399547309494.jpg

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 06:09 AM