I was wondering if BBM will use phone numbers of users contacts (like Whatsapp does) to connect people.
    I believe that BBM will use a dedicated username and password but I think that it should ask as an option to allow access to phone contacts to connect with other users.
    If somebody is concerned about his privacy he can refuse to alow access to his contacts and only have BBM contacts the old fashioned way. In this case there should also be an option to make yourself invisible to other BBM users except the ones to which you are connected via Pin or invite.

I think that one reason why Whatsapp and Viber are so popular is the fact that they use the phone contact details of their users to connect them.

Sent from my Q10
    jaylysf likes this.
    07-19-13 12:09 PM
    From what I've read each iOS/Android user will have to create a BBID which will then create a PIN for the APP.
    07-19-13 12:14 PM
    I think the BBID is the best way to do it. . . brings them into (or back to) BB's ecosystem, if one toe at a time.
    07-19-13 01:15 PM
    Agree, I think BB is going to require all new users to "sign up" and get their own unique BBID.

And seeing as "other" contact applications don't have a BBID field, I imagine that the BBM app is going to have it's own separate contact list.
    07-19-13 01:26 PM