I hope this has not been posted before

Check for yourself: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bbm
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-03-15 01:10 PM
    Now if they can only get Video calling it would be huge.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX, eldricho and Vampiro like this.
    03-03-15 01:20 PM
    Dark theme would be nice. Lol

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-03-15 01:27 PM
    BBM on android is good.

If only they can add load chat at oldest unread message, I think it would be even more widely used.

It's the only thing frustrating all BBM group members out there.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 01:32 PM
    BBM on android is good.

If only they can add load chat at oldest unread message, I think it would be even more widely used.

It's the only thing frustrating all BBM group members out there.

Posted via CB10
    I don't have Android so I don't really know.... overall the app gets a decent score of 4.3 out of 5 stars, but it sure seems like a number of the latest reviews aren't too positive.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-03-15 01:40 PM
    if they switched consumer BBM to phone numbers it would be triple user number in a day.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-03-15 01:43 PM
    if they switched consumer BBM to phone numbers it would be triple user number in a day.
    At least triple!

BBM should give users the OPTION to allow to add them my phone number.

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh and MarsupilamiX like this.
    03-03-15 02:08 PM
    At least triple!

BBM should give users the OPTION to allow to add them my phone number.

Posted via CB10
    Add via phone number, then auto-create PIN and link the two... :-)

�   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   �
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-03-15 04:50 PM
    It should definitely be an option as stated before, an option that asks you the first time you run the app. Myself I prefer the PIN just because no one can find me unless I want them to find me, reason I don't use Viber or have Whatsapp setup with some random SIM.
    03-04-15 04:37 AM
    But how many users still have installed? I know at least 10 people that installed it, and then deleted the app in about 1 month. Right now I have 3 BBM contacts, while having about 80 Whatsapp contacts.
    Donvald likes this.
    03-04-15 05:01 AM
    No thanks. One of the things I've liked about BBM is that my contact information remains private with it. The feature should be there however to allow BBM to scan your contacts and look for email addresses that are associated with a BBID and offer those as potential contacts.

Remember BBM is really just an application built on top of PIN messaging, to change that would likely require a massive rewrite.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 06:03 AM
    Had it installed on 6 devices within my family, as of today just 1 is still having it (but not using it)!
    03-04-15 06:10 AM
    Downloads is good, but the real indicator is repeated usage.

Feature parity definitely needs to happen ASAP though...

Posted via CB10
    Donvald likes this.
    03-04-15 07:24 AM
    Downloads is good, but the real indicator is repeated usage.
    Chen has provided figures for this at the last couple of ER's.

IIRC, BBM currently has 80M active subscribers, down from 85M the time before. That number includes all BBOS & BB10 phones (which obviously have it by default) and those on iOS and Android who have downloaded BBM.

You're considered active if you've sent (or received?) at least once in that month. Just installing it doesn't count towards the figures, it has to be used.
    03-04-15 07:52 AM
    That's good

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 08:26 AM
    I've downloaded in on my iPhone, never used it, deleted it. I'm sure the majority of those 100 million downloads are just that. Nothing to get excited about, since BBM only has ~90 million users (Announced Q2 2015) , and that includes BlackBerry, iOS and Android.
    Donvald likes this.
    03-04-15 09:12 AM
    The quote below is just an illustration. Why are so many people so sour. Why do so many people have the need to explain that downloads do not equal frequent users. Why do so many want to tell that they know people who have installed BBM and deleted it. Apparently the number of users grows, otherwise why would the number of downloads increase. Yes some people will not use it (even delete it), but hey it doesn't surprise me with 100+ million downloads. Please people, take a look at the numbers and realize that 100 million is huge in absolute numbers. Yes there's WhatsApp the big giant, doesn't mean that BBM is lost, pathetic, or a fail!

Oh and those that don't like WhatsApp because it wants to access your contacts, BBM does exactly the same.

I've downloaded in on my iPhone, never used it, deleted it. I'm sure the majority of those 100 million downloads are just that. Nothing to get excited about, since BBM only has ~90 million users (Announced Q2 2015) , and that includes BlackBerry, iOS and Android.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Have_a_nice_day; 03-04-15 at 01:50 PM.
    CuriousFellow likes this.
    03-04-15 12:54 PM
    Yes there's WhatsApp the big giant, doesn't mean that BBM is lost, pathetic, or a fail!

Posted via CB10
    Actually, have you looked at the numbers? Bbm active users has pretty much halted, where as registered users (and fake reviews lol.) continues to climb quickly.

I posted the numbers before, but it was something like 50m active, 70m registered before bbmx, 85m active 100m reg after bbmx. Until bbm for windows phone came out, active users never went above 90m. After it came for windows phone it went to 90m briefly and has since dropped, while registered users is at or above 200m now.

I don't like saying this random numbers.. I'll look for my post with the actual numbers

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480 | any questions? Feel free to shoot me a msg @ http://www.pin.bbm.com/C003EA0BE
    03-04-15 03:19 PM
    Actually, have you looked at the numbers? ....I posted the numbers before, but it was something like 50m active, 70m registered before bbmx, 85m active 100m reg after bbmx. Until bbm for windows phone came out, active users never went above 90m. I don't like saying this random numbers.. I'll look for my post with the actual numbers
    The issue put forward was 100+ million downloads. Nobody talked about active users. Still, many on this forum feel the need to educate 'us' on the real numbers of active users and the numbers of runaways. Please, ***KING100+ million downloads is worth mentioning.

Nothing personal nah.uhh, I just feel that many reactions on this forum are spoiling my good mood.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 04:17 PM
    There's certainly nothing wrong with 100m downloads - its actually really good.
    The point that I and others are making however is that "downloads" is not a measure of success for BB (unless they were charging for the dl ). It's a number that can get incredibly skewed and inaccurate very easy depending on the definition, which is itself ambiguous. (For example, when a new version of the app is released,and all users have to dl - do they get counted again?)

The best thing that can be done to keep those DL numbers close to the active numbers (which are likely much smaller) is get feature parity across all platforms, and then nurture those were the 1 time DL'ers to come back.
    03-05-15 02:37 PM
    BBM will never compete with the casual communicators like Whatsapp or Twitter etc. Once again, BBM's previous success by being the only game in town clouds the realities of the messaging market today. The fact that so many have downloaded the app (as some have pointed out) is not a bad thing but it also doesn't mean BBM will rule the world once again. The simple fact is BBM will not cater to the fickle whims of this market and will always use this as a vehicle to sell more devices. It's also important to note, many of these messaging providers are challenged in monetizing their investments as most of their users will never pay for the service.

Like their device business, Blackberry is targeting the segment of this market that is looking for a secure, robust intelligent productivity tool for the professional user. This is not to say (like the new devices) casual users can't use the tool. It's just they are not the focus of the future evolution of this product.

I expect to see more BBM features rolled out in the next while that will expand the capabilities that will totally confuse and bewilder the casual users while being vital to Blackberry's target market.
    03-06-15 08:46 AM
    But how many users still have installed? I know at least 10 people that installed it, and then deleted the app in about 1 month. Right now I have 3 BBM contacts, while having about 80 Whatsapp contacts.
    Question is:

WhatsApp is pretty much just copying your phone book to their servers and matches it with others. So it's fairly easy to get a high count there.

How many people do you really and regularly communicate with using this app?

:-)

�   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   �
    03-08-15 07:43 PM
    Actually, have you looked at the numbers? Bbm active users has pretty much halted, where as registered users (and fake reviews lol.) continues to climb quickly.

I posted the numbers before, but it was something like 50m active, 70m registered before bbmx, 85m active 100m reg after bbmx. Until bbm for windows phone came out, active users never went above 90m. After it came for windows phone it went to 90m briefly and has since dropped, while registered users is at or above 200m now.

I don't like saying this random numbers.. I'll look for my post with the actual numbers

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480 | any questions? Feel free to shoot me a msg @ http://www.pin.bbm.com/C003EA0BE
    And what part of your anatomy did you pull those numbers out of? BlackBerry haters just hate and that is something between sad and pathetic. I believe Chen has a better understanding of the situation and I think he peg active users at 120 million as of December

Does this need to be said over and over. BBM is a secure messaging platform that has excellent value added services. Simple, effective and private. With Whatsapp, you are nothing more than the commodity; your information and private life are bought and sold. If you haven't figured it out, they view you as the economic equivalent as a prostitute. I guess some people are OK with this. Sort of shows where society is going.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 05:56 PM
    Question is:

WhatsApp is pretty much just copying your phone book to their servers and matches it with others. So it's fairly easy to get a high count there.

How many people do you really and regularly communicate with using this app?

:-)

Not many. My job entails constant contact with the younger generation and I know only one person who uses it. The rest could care less. What people don't understand about messaging apps is that they fulfill rather targeted needs. Family and immediate friends, that is it. I guess one could argue there is a voyeuristic element to snap chat. BBM is the only platform that has the capability of moving beyond this. Stick to your guns and you will be fine.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 06:06 PM
    BBM is easily my favorite IM App. But, this this articleabout downloads is pure fluff. What's important isn't the number of downloads but instead the number of active user that actually send and receive messages. I know many people with Android and iPhone who downloaded BBM and deleted it within days.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    03-11-15 12:09 PM
29 12