Hello,

I wanted to know if anyone can help..

I have 2 sprintpcs phones Blackberry with unlimitted data in the US.
    I will be going to beijing, China next week with my mom who is the other bb user.
    if we both are in Beijing and we want to bbm each other since we are going to split up and be in different places, can we bbm each other overseas even if our phones are connected in the US?

thanks.

Alexa
    08-24-12 09:30 AM
    2 things to keep in mind.

The devices you have must be compatible with the networks in China. I believe they are predominately GSM, though they may also have a CDMA carrier operating there as well. Best to double check with Sprint to see if the have roaming service there.

BBM uses data, so you'll be subject to roaming rates while abroad.
    aleix38 likes this.
    08-24-12 09:53 AM
    You may want to call sprint to get confirmation on this and bring you through the steps of how to get connected via bis in china. since your first option is china mobile who uses TD-SCDMA. I'm pretty sure unlocking your phone won't be a quick fix since frequency bands has changed along with they new Sim cards.
    aleix38 likes this.
    08-24-12 10:06 AM
    2 things to keep in mind.

The devices you have must be compatible with the networks in China. I believe they are predominately GSM, though they may also have a CDMA carrier operating there as well. Best to double check with Sprint to see if the have roaming service there.

BBM uses data, so you'll be subject to roaming rates while abroad.
    Not many gsm companies in china maybe Disney mobile but they don't even have a reliable network and they are over priced. The only gsm carrier in the area is in Japan and that's docomo.
    08-24-12 10:12 AM
    Even if you choose any of those carriers you may be forced to switch sim cards I know for my 9900 I have a como card which is silly but useful when I travel to the u.s
    08-24-12 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD