Well, Antifa isn't a group, it's an ideology. And many people claiming to be adherent to that philosophy were later found to be some right-wing extremists trying to stir things up.

But as far as organizing riots (specifically riots - not protests), do you have some credible news sources on this? I'm sincerely asking, as I get into a lot of these discussions, and would like to collect all the info I can.

From my experience, Twitter has a very firm anti-violence, anti-incite ToS, and one can report tweets, and they are typically dealt with quickly. In the case of Parler, they are on record as stating they don't wish to self-police any more (than the little they do) for the sake of free speech.
    Antifa is NOT an ideology but a terrorist organization. Antifa has been in cooperation with several global terrorists groups. The riots were terrorist activities which destroyed many innocent lives and business which was nothing to do with freedom of speech or expression.
    From my experience, twitter has a very 'selective' anti-whatever approach. Twitter is anti-anything is is anti-bigdata or establishment. Twitter should not have the authority to ban the voice of US president while the presidents of several rogue states can. Even terrorist groups. Twitter behaves fascist.

Posted via CB10
    The_Disembodied and Farmbboy like this.
    01-10-21 12:15 PM
    Parler and MeWe seem to cater to extreme right-wing viewpoints, extremists, White Supremacists, etc. Fox News is radical left in comparison.
    Well, thas what twitter created right? By suspending accounts with 'baseless' claims would push people to be congregated in somewhere, right? Then call them zealots! What a farce!

Now, if Parler and similar platforms are ousted by Google play and similar will be called free speech or 'clean' environment? BS

Posted via CB10
    01-10-21 12:20 PM
    Antifa is NOT an ideology but a terrorist organization.
    At best, it's a (very) loose affiliation of local activists scattered across the US and a few other countries. It's simply a collective name for those who oppose "fascism, nationalism, far-right ideologies, white supremacy, authoritarianism, racism, homophobia, and xenophobia". Some adherents to the ideology are also anarchists. I personally consider many of its adherents as nutbars too, so I'm an equal opportunity insulter.

But there is no group. There is no HQ. It's not like Hamas, the KKK, or ISIL.
    Last edited by conite; 01-10-21 at 12:35 PM.
    01-10-21 12:24 PM
    Well, thas what twitter created right? By suspending accounts with 'baseless' claims would push people to be congregated in somewhere, right? Then call them zealots! What a farce!

Now, if Parler and similar platforms are ousted by Google play and similar will be called free speech or 'clean' environment? BS

Posted via CB10
    I would argue that since it is against the law to incite violence or hatred, app stores have the right (duty) to mitigate potential damages.

Those apps that don't have a strong ToS to deal with these issues become very problematic for the app store that could be held liable.

If a consumer feels they may have gone to far, there are remedies - they could bring a lawsuit claiming discrimination.
    01-10-21 12:37 PM
    At best, it's a (very) loose affiliation of local activists scattered across the US and a few other countries. It's simply a collective name for those who oppose "fascism, nationalism, far-right ideologies, white supremacy, authoritarianism, racism, homophobia, and xenophobia". Some adherents to the ideology are also anarchists.

But there is no group. There is no committee overseeing things. There is no HQ.
    There’s an HQ shared my family and the family next door. I run the Trump side with the wife and HE runs the Biden side with HIS husband. We’re good friends and can’t stop laughing at the moronic behavior on both sides. LMAO ;-D
    ppeters914 and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    01-10-21 12:45 PM
    There’s an HQ shared my family and the family next door. I run the Trump side with the wife and HE runs the Biden side with HIS husband. We’re good friends and can’t stop laughing at the moronic behavior on both sides. LMAO ;-D
    I didn't think there could possibly be any more reasons why I would want to have a BBQ at your place. Congrats, I'll be packing soon!
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-10-21 12:47 PM
    I didn't think there could possible be any more reasons why I would want to have a BBQ at your place. Congrats, I'll be packing soon!
    Well all joking aside, You and Everyone additional who can tolerate and respect my pro- American, Libertarian, not political correct existence, is welcome to visit my family here in Florida anytime, regardless of race, creed and color expecting the same from my family.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-10-21 12:54 PM
    Well, Antifa isn't a group, it's an ideology. And many people claiming to be adherent to that philosophy were later found to be some right-wing extremists trying to stir things up.
    So if 200,000 Neo-Nazis (or pig farmers, or college professors, or IT workers) were destroying cities, I could say "well, that's just an ideology." Somehow, I doubt you'd buy that.

It wasn't ideologies who were rioting, looting, and killing people for 8 straight months, it was groups of very highly organized people, adopting different roles from a fixed list, equipping themselves for that role, and acting together to achieve specific goals. Just because there's no headquarters building and no published Org Chart doesn't mean that Antifa isn't a group. Sure, people are free to come and go as they wish, and do, but they are extremely organized by trusted leaders, who give guidelines and marching orders. They've adopted uniforms. They act in highly coordinated manners. They travel in groups to different cities. That's not "just an ideology."

But as far as organizing riots (specifically riots - not protests), do you have some credible news sources on this? I'm sincerely asking, as I get into a lot of these discussions, and would like to collect all the info I can.
    YouTube is full of videos with screenshots and videos of live feeds from phones. There are interviews from people who were Antifa members who participated, and then changed their minds. There have been tens of thousands of arrests. Of course CNN isn't going to report on this - it goes against their narrative. But there are thousands of hours of raw video - you can watch events unfold over the course of hours, so that you have context for what's happening, and not just a 10-second out-of-context clip - and you can often watch 20 different videos of the same event shot by different people in different places.

From my experience, Twitter has a very firm anti-violence, anti-incite ToS, and one can report tweets, and they are typically dealt with quickly. In the case of Parler, they are on record as stating they don't wish to self-police any more (than the little they do) for the sake of free speech.
    If someone posts a tweet to organize a riot, they don't explicitly say "burn down the police station" - they say "bring your bottles and gas to 17th and Lex. Look for the star of bacon." or something similarly deniable. And if that gets taken down a few hours later, the damage is already done. The leaders aren't dumb enough not to know how to work the system, though some of the members have been much more blatant. But Twitter won't remove the accounts - often not even the posts.

I'm all for rules, but those rules have to be enforced evenly, and that is provably not happening. And it's not a new problem, but it went to entirely new levels in 2020.
    01-10-21 01:24 PM
    I'm all for rules, but those rules have to be enforced evenly, and that is provably not happening. And it's not a new problem, but it went to entirely new levels in 2020.
    This is what I'm asking for. What proof is there to demonstrate this. Is there a credible report that has done any analysis? Please don't quote Breitbart or MSNBC.

If people know how to "work the system", that's another thing entirely. So long as the app shows that they act on reports and remove a post in a timely manner, they can demonstrate due diligence and can likely absolve themselves (and the app store from which they can be downloaded) of potential legal problems.
    Last edited by conite; 01-10-21 at 01:50 PM.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-10-21 01:31 PM
    So if 200,000 Neo-Nazis (or pig farmers, or college professors, or IT workers) were destroying cities, I could say "well, that's just an ideology."
    And you'd be correct (although I would remove the word "just" ). I was simply responding to a post declaring antifa "a terrorist group".
    01-10-21 01:40 PM
    In the age of social media, we all live in alternate realities with very different sets of “facts”. I hope we can keep this away from CB, though. I’m seeing politics everywhere else (especially living here in DC). I, for one, would appreciate not having to see it play out here, too.
    Last edited by app_Developer; 01-10-21 at 04:19 PM.
    ppeters914 and parryberry like this.
    01-10-21 02:03 PM
    In the age of social media, we all live in alternate realities with very different sets of “facts”. I hope we can keep this away from CB, though. I’m seeing politics every else (especially living here in DC). I, for one, would appreciate not having to see it play out here, too.
    Well, normally it doesn't. There just happens to be a convergence with respect to this one recent news item.

But I absolutely agree with you in general.
    01-10-21 02:32 PM
    Dear old Gramps was fond of pointing out... If someone is screaming, maybe they don't feel they're being heard? Lol. Permitting observers to observe, preserving ballot chain of custody, and validating voter legitimacy are pretty proven no-brainer ways to assure citizens FEEL heard... Lol.

When I take a seat in a commercial plane, it's not up to me to submit "evidence" that plane might be unsafe. It's up to the airline and aircraft manufacturer to reassure my skepticism by proving that plane can be trusted. A responsibility that's typically taken very seriously. Especially where design changes are implemented.

The flight crew is not permitted to alter craft structural design without FAA approval and then challenge passengers to produce "evidence" that the changes are dangerous. Lol.
    Last edited by idssteve; 01-11-21 at 05:03 AM.
    01-11-21 12:46 AM
    This is what I'm asking for. What proof is there to demonstrate this. Is there a credible report that has done any analysis? Please don't quote Breitbart or MSNBC.
    No one "credible" is interested - it doesn't fit the narrative so it gets ignored. You have to realize that 99% of the mainstream media support one side, which is pretty odd considering the country as a whole is close to a 50/50 split. It's not much different than, say, Hong Kong, where China has removed anyone who had a different opinion. And regardless of what you think about him, Big Tech completely deplatformed the sitting president of the USA overnight. If they'll do that to the president, what mistake from any of our past could result in the same for any of us? How'd you like to find that your bank won't do business with you anymore, you're on the no-fly list, your company fired you, your ISP canceled your access and blocked you, etc.? Because that's exactly what's next - and it's coming very, very soon.
    01-11-21 01:22 AM
    I hope we can keep this away from CB, though. I’m seeing politics everywhere else (especially living here in DC). I, for one, would appreciate not having to see it play out here, too.
    Yup, we're done here. Leave it off the forums folks, there's enough of it elsewhere and plenty of other places to discuss such things.
    01-11-21 09:59 AM
40 12