BBM Money?s adoption rate in Indonesia beats expectations ?

BBM Money service exceeds 60,000 registrations within 90 days of launch
    Published on Wednesday, May 22nd by Submit Release
    Service launched with BlackBerry creates low-cost customer acquisition opportunities for PermataBank

Press release

22nd May 2013. Mobile Money leader Monitise (LSE: MONI.L) has announced the early success of BBM Money, the P2P mobile payments service launched through its Joint Venture with Astra International (AGIT Monitise Indonesia) in partnership with Indonesian financial institution Bank Permata (PermataBank) and BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB). Since going live at the end of February 2013, the service has attracted more than 60,000 registered users towards its end of 2013 target of 200,000.

BBM Money gives BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) customers in Indonesia the ability to instantly create and access a Mobile Money account from their BlackBerry smartphone and make real-time payments to their BBM contacts who are also signed up to the service, at any time from wherever they are.

The simple and secure service also enables users to buy mobile airtime credit and transfer money to bank accounts.

Uniquely the service is integrated with BBM itself, allowing the user to be in a chat, make a peer-to-peer payment and return to the same conversation.

BBM Money can be used by consumers with access to the service regardless of whether they have a PermataBank bank account.

PermataBank Retail Banking Director Lauren Sulistiawati commented, ?We are delighted with the level of customer adoption that we have experienced so far.?

?The popularity of the service is another indication that mobile plays a key role in the future of the banking and payments industry across Indonesia.?

?We have also been particularly excited by the way in which BBM Money has quickly opened up a new, direct route to new-to-bank customers.?

?The ability to engage with new customers and significantly lower the cost of customer acquisition is a real advantage for any financial institution.?

Calvin Lim, Director of AGIT Monitise, commented, ?We are encouraged by the adoption trend and customer usage to date. The service can only become more popular as more functionalities are added in the near future.?

Indonesia has a mobile penetration of 111 per cent 1.

BlackBerry is the Number One selling mobile smartphone, constituting more than half of all smartphones sold in market.

Darren Sugden, CEO of Monitise Asia Pacific, said, ?It is great to see such a positive early response to BBM Money.?

?As the first comprehensive Mobile Money service in the world to be integrated with any messaging platform, pioneering the approach of turning a social network into a payments network, BBM Money brings second-to-none convenience to Indonesian consumers and businesses.?

?The success of the service in a major world economy which is ideally suited to this type of innovation is a great example of how the financial industry can capitalise on the fast-growing mobile, payments and banking space to meet the day-to-day needs of the consumer.?

Alastair Lukies, Chief Executive of Monitise Group, said, ?Monitise stands by its belief that the evolution of Mobile Money has the power to transform lives.?

?This is increasingly becoming a reality with the launch of mass-market services like BBM Money.?

?By working closely with our trusted partners we have created a service that meets the exact needs of consumers in this market whilst also supporting key strategic business objectives of the bank.?

?We look forward to continuing to help financial institutions move beyond mobile banking to enable their customers to also pay and buy via their phone.?

Posted via CB10
    Korepab, zyben, cjcampbell and 3 others like this.
    05-22-13 09:22 AM
    Sweet so it does work.Seems like BB still fine tuning.I can see me putting wagers on sports matches and poker games and just receiving money after victory all in BBM whilst messaging rolling laugher emoticons.

Damn we still got to wait for this keep up the work BB.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 05-22-13 at 11:04 AM.
    cjcampbell and Ben1232 like this.
    05-22-13 09:44 AM
    Curious, anyone know what PayPal is valued at?

Posted via Z10
    05-22-13 10:35 AM
    can't wait for this to hit the states! such potential with bbm and now with bbm going cross platform, even more potential!
    05-22-13 10:51 AM
    I want! Please come to canada

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 10:53 AM
    BBM Money could be a huge revenue generator once BBM is cross platform.
    05-22-13 12:21 PM
    BBM Money could be a huge revenue generator once BBM is cross platform.
    was just going to say that.

seems interesting... especially if BB is in a lot of the business world, or even if business are on the fence about going back to BB this can be the game changer
    05-22-13 01:00 PM
    BBM Money?s adoption rate in Indonesia beats expectations ?

BBM Money service exceeds 60,000 registrations within 90 days of launch
    Published on Wednesday, May 22nd by Submit Release
    Service launched with BlackBerry creates low-cost customer acquisition opportunities for PermataBank

Press release

22nd May 2013. Mobile Money leader Monitise (LSE: MONI.L) has announced the early success of BBM Money, the P2P mobile payments service launched through its Joint Venture with Astra International (AGIT Monitise Indonesia) in partnership with Indonesian financial institution Bank Permata (PermataBank) and BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB). Since going live at the end of February 2013, the service has attracted more than 60,000 registered users towards its end of 2013 target of 200,000.

BBM Money gives BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) customers in Indonesia the ability to instantly create and access a Mobile Money account from their BlackBerry smartphone and make real-time payments to their BBM contacts who are also signed up to the service, at any time from wherever they are.

The simple and secure service also enables users to buy mobile airtime credit and transfer money to bank accounts.

Uniquely the service is integrated with BBM itself, allowing the user to be in a chat, make a peer-to-peer payment and return to the same conversation.

BBM Money can be used by consumers with access to the service regardless of whether they have a PermataBank bank account.

PermataBank Retail Banking Director Lauren Sulistiawati commented, ?We are delighted with the level of customer adoption that we have experienced so far.?

?The popularity of the service is another indication that mobile plays a key role in the future of the banking and payments industry across Indonesia.?

?We have also been particularly excited by the way in which BBM Money has quickly opened up a new, direct route to new-to-bank customers.?

?The ability to engage with new customers and significantly lower the cost of customer acquisition is a real advantage for any financial institution.?

Calvin Lim, Director of AGIT Monitise, commented, ?We are encouraged by the adoption trend and customer usage to date. The service can only become more popular as more functionalities are added in the near future.?

Indonesia has a mobile penetration of 111 per cent 1.

BlackBerry is the Number One selling mobile smartphone, constituting more than half of all smartphones sold in market.

Darren Sugden, CEO of Monitise Asia Pacific, said, ?It is great to see such a positive early response to BBM Money.?

?As the first comprehensive Mobile Money service in the world to be integrated with any messaging platform, pioneering the approach of turning a social network into a payments network, BBM Money brings second-to-none convenience to Indonesian consumers and businesses.?

?The success of the service in a major world economy which is ideally suited to this type of innovation is a great example of how the financial industry can capitalise on the fast-growing mobile, payments and banking space to meet the day-to-day needs of the consumer.?

Alastair Lukies, Chief Executive of Monitise Group, said, ?Monitise stands by its belief that the evolution of Mobile Money has the power to transform lives.?

?This is increasingly becoming a reality with the launch of mass-market services like BBM Money.?

?By working closely with our trusted partners we have created a service that meets the exact needs of consumers in this market whilst also supporting key strategic business objectives of the bank.?

?We look forward to continuing to help financial institutions move beyond mobile banking to enable their customers to also pay and buy via their phone.?

Posted via CB10
    This is amazing!!!! and to slap all the close minded morns in the face that are against BBM going to other platforms!!!! The reality is that BBM money and channels are just some new amazing streams of income that BB can make money from. I am sick and tired of paying 2.00 per email money transfer to my bank everytime i want to send a family member money!! I would love to have BBM money here in Canada.
    TimJohnSmith likes this.
    05-22-13 01:10 PM
    Hey! TD! You watching this?
    Get it now

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 03:33 PM
    Wow this is freaking amazing!

Z10? Why yes it is.
    05-22-13 03:34 PM
    Looks Like we are slowly starting see the services BlackBerry is going to roll out to make up the service revenue loss with no BIS on BB10
    05-22-13 03:38 PM
    Nice feature that i can't wait for. Has anyone seen screen shots of BBM Money yet, it would be good to see some.
    05-22-13 03:46 PM
    I personally would love to see BBM Money replace a lot of my 'cash-in-hand' clients. I have a large amount of clients, but all paying $50 or below. It would be easy to just tap our phones together and the transaction is done. I hate this 'IOU' stuff...

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 09:06 AM
    It's not a retorical question; seriously, anyone know?

Curious, anyone know what PayPal is valued at?

Posted via Z10
    05-23-13 04:16 PM
    Nevermind, I googled it: In October 2002, PayPal was acquired by eBay for $1.5 billion.[29]

In today's dollars/e-commerce prominance, it's more like 2-2.5billion.

THAT is the ballpark BBMM can pottentially bring boys & girls.
    05-23-13 04:18 PM
    Nice feature that i can't wait for. Has anyone seen screen shots of BBM Money yet, it would be good to see some.
    I can do one better - here's a link to a video walk through of BBM Money http://crackberry.com/first-look-bbm-money

The video isn't in English but if you scroll down to the comments someone was kind enough to translate it for us. Enjoy.
    05-23-13 05:46 PM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    lets hope this really takes off!!! ... a surprise welcome for Blackberry .....
    05-24-13 05:26 AM
    This is great news indeed and I hope BlackBerry brings BBM Money to other regions of the world. Heck I'd love to see BBM Money be integrated with BBM Channels. BBM Channels, BBM Messenger, BBM Calling and BBM Money all wrapped up into one powerful ecosystem. Channels could have products/services for sale and people could pay with BBM Money. I think this could be great for BlackBerry, especially with BBM going cross platform this summer.
    richardat likes this.
    05-29-13 12:56 AM
    This BBM Money interests me. Think it will ever come to Canada?
    05-30-13 10:30 AM