Just read this article on the future of BlackBerry , a good synopsis of the future of the company and how it had maintained good marketshare/subscriber base elsewhere. At the end of the article, it mentioned something called BBM Money to be introduced soon ..I don't recall having seen this before ..

How RIM hopes to stoke hot 'CrackBerry' market in Southeast Asia - The Globe and Mail
    01-02-13 11:39 AM
    BlackBerry Money works on the same basis as all bbm services.

BlackBerry Messenger - Share Conversation.
    BlackBerry Messenger Music - Share Music.
    BlackBerry Messenger Money - Share Money.
    01-02-13 11:51 AM
    BlackBerry Messenger Money - Share Money.
    But how? Is it like PayPal? Does RIM charge a transaction fee? How about fraud prevention? I can't find any official BBM Money site that answers these questions.
    01-02-13 11:59 AM
    There service already powers CIBC money transactions in Canada so I'm pretty sure it will be pretty safe and yes they probably will be charging some kind of fee since they need to earn money from it some way.
    01-02-13 12:26 PM
    There service already powers CIBC money transactions in Canada so I'm pretty sure it will be pretty safe and yes they probably will be charging some kind of fee since they need to earn money from it some way.
    No, I think CIBC money is different. It just virtualizes your CIBC credit card. Your BB's NFC passes credit card information to card reader (paypass enabled card readers) and then card-reader chargers your credit card like it'd charge your PayPass credit card.

Basically, you just have a virtual copy of your CIBC credit card stored into your BB Device. The NFC chip transmits this credit-card information to retailer's credit-card reader.

BBM Money sounds more like PayPal - like RIM's inhouse version of PayPal. But I can't find any official site that details what it is, how it works etc.
    01-02-13 12:35 PM
    Think about how Western Union does it. Along those lines I suspect yet cheaper!
    Once money is in it can go out.
    Digital vouchers that are backed by banks!
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-03-13 12:43 AM