You should create a BBM channel to display your sarcastic humour. I'm sure that will bring the users back in the millions.

Posted via CB10
    I would but some people (and I won't name names) would get too offended like I just insulted a member of their family.
    DrBoomBotz, TgeekB, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    05-11-16 03:29 PM
    Still goes back to most people in US have unlimited text plans. Defeats need for messaging apps to some degree.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-16 04:14 PM
    Out of the box BBM protected. Cross platform voice and video.

BBM could have owned the world.
    05-11-16 04:28 PM
    Out of the box BBM protected. Cross platform voice and video.

BBM could have owned the world.
    Yes! That would have made a big difference!

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    05-11-16 05:11 PM
    ..ummmmmmmmmmmmmm

BBM is not doing well because it is less than smart.

Facebook, Snap, InstaSham, WhatsA, Kik, etc......people have iFone or Android.

Had BBM been on android YEARS ago, had Blackberry been proactive and had BB10 ready to rumble with the whole iOS Android app game then they would still be a contender but no they decide to be cocky and look where it got them, yea the market is saturated but you were ok with the market when it was working for you in your favor and now.....now you are trying to reach a market that just doesn't exist anymore.....LMAO ahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahaha ahahahahahhahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaahhaah ahahahahahahahhahahahahaha - this whole situation is hilarious, I just feel for the humans soon to be out of a job or already out of one! Other than that ..."meh" you snooze ya lose.
    05-11-16 09:03 PM
    I live in Atlanta, I hear BBM has a Sticker sale!! (STICKERs and SECURITY highly go together)

There is nothing special about other IM platforms other than there longevity and availability............................when is the last time one has used Yahoo IM ...progression people...these apps even have replaced traditional MMS SMS which doesn't require all the extra...idk....tuff - BBM pin anyone o_0 - Divided States of America is doomed..but not no forgotten 2BFE4937
    05-11-16 09:07 PM
    I too like BBM, but my circle of friends is mainly facebook messenger and/or whatsapp. I managed to convince about 5 firend to try BBm, but in the end they abandoned it. I am not some kind of fanatic to tell my friends to use just BBM or don't contact me at all and in the end we went back to where everyone else was.
    05-13-16 06:15 AM
    One of the big issues BBM has is how badly it was rolled out cross platform. I got several people to download it when it first came out to iOS and Android and it was a disaster. From not being able to sign up to messages not being sent to receiving them hours later, pretty much everyone just got rid of it.

They gave it a chance but it was so bad they rightfully got rid of it and there is no way they'd download it again.
    Like most things, the execution of new or updated projects for BlackBerry is horrible. A roll out is a part of marketing and we all know how well they market their products. I have never seen good marketing from BlackBerry.
    05-13-16 06:32 AM
    I was being facetious. More marketing will not save BlackBerry's handsets. Getting more devices in the hands of as many people as possible - not just "business users" - is the key. The way to do that is to sell competitively priced handsets ($750 USD for a wanna-be high-end flagship is just unrealistic).

As far as saving BBM? What kind of mass-marketing has Snapchat or Whatsapp really done more effectively than BBM? They seem to have grown mostly virally and by word-of-mouth.

There are a zillion IM apps out there, so BBM has to do something to set itself apart from the rest and attract users or it will continue to decline.

And, frankly, for the average user concerned about security, BBM is not the best option.

https://www.eff.org/secure-messaging-scorecard

BBM Protected is pretty secure, but it requires a comparatively high subscription price, so the average user is just not going to go for that when there are other secure IM options out there that are much cheaper or free.
    Marketing actually could save bbm. Basically marketing it as a cross platform imessage and face time and . Also, educating would be users of the features that make it better than other messaging apps. Why should they do this? They should do it a a loss leader. Getting the BlackBerry name in front of as many people as possible and showing that they can actually make good software. It could also be a tool to push advertisements for their latest products.
    Superdupont 2_0 and Old_Mil like this.
    05-13-16 06:35 AM
    BBM is awesome, all my relatives and friends use it across the world. Voice and video call is simply clear and amazing!

Posted via CB10
    pstrusi likes this.
    05-14-16 04:07 AM
    For the first time I totally agree with you Troy

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 05:57 AM
    As a former iphone loyalist, I am still learning how to adapt to this platform, and use BBM to its max potential. Help me understand what it's used for, other than texting.

Posted via CB10
    If you are able to get your work mates, close friends & family on BBM then it would be great to use BBM Group Chat.

You can ;
    - create a shopping list for yourself so that whoever finish the milk at home can just update the list & whoever is shopping next gets it.

- create a list of tasks to get done & assign it to people on your team.

- share & comment on family pictures

- share travel itinerary of each family member so that everyone knows where each person is.

- share family gathering events so everyone is reminded of the events.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 06:10 AM
    If you are able to get your work mates, close friends & family on BBM then it would be great to use BBM Group Chat.

You can ;
    - create a shopping list for yourself so that whoever finish the milk at home can just update the list & whoever is shopping next gets it.

- create a list of tasks to get done & assign it to people on your team.

- share & comment on family pictures

- share travel itinerary of each family member so that everyone knows where each person is.

- share family gathering events so everyone is reminded of the events.

Posted via CB10
    except all that you listed that bbm does other ims do as well
    05-14-16 06:19 AM
    You can also share pdf and word files on BBM

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 09:05 AM
    Cross platform video calls. Do this well and BBM will live on.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 09:09 AM
    You can also share pdf and word files on BBM

Posted via CB10
    WhatsApp can now share all types of files from both the mobile & desktop app.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 10:50 AM
    I have 41 conntacts and i use it every day lol.

Posted via CB10
    You're conning them...? ;-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    05-15-16 10:17 PM
    Pretty much.
    It would be refuted vociferously by the consortium behind amr-wb.
    Thanks for the FUD.

I also know what my own ears tell me.
    Okay, I just had to chime in here. Organizations are not necessarily in business of refuting one another. I'm not saying you are right or wrong about the codec, I am just saying that you pointing as evidence to a piece from the group that publishes the codec is not proof that the codec is better. It comes down to absence of proof not being proof in itself - or in other words, nobody has to openly refute Opus' claims in order for them to not be true or be largely exaggerated.

I was very happy with the quality of BBM Voice on BlackBerry 10, but I never used WhatsApp for voice so I really cannot comment how it compares (for me). I can say though that on iOS and Android, BBM Voice in my opinion under-performs. I found that Hangouts had better quality on iOS. Lastly, one thing to factor in is that BlackBerry 10 handsets, especially Passport had exceptional microphones and noise cancellation. I am yet to find any handset that works as well in iOS and Android platforms.
    05-16-16 11:17 AM
    Cross platform video calls. Do this well and BBM will live on.

Posted via CB10
    well won't cut it... everyone else is doing it "well".

BBM needs something that is different or better than the other IM platforms out there today. Platforms that have much larger and growing user bases.
    05-16-16 11:25 AM
    The only BBMing I do is the Priv chat.

It's so ******* annoying never being able to chat with any friends or family on BBM because they ask what's the point and I literally have no answer for it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-16-16 11:55 AM
    The only BBMing I do is the Priv chat.

It's so ******* annoying never being able to chat with any friends or family on BBM because they ask what's the point and I literally have no answer for it.

I agree with you. I can create a social media app for myself & it would be the greatest social media app & it would be the most secure as only me, myself & I can use this social media app. Ha ha ha that's what I think a lot of the fan boys here are expecting from BBM.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 10:50 AM
    The amount of user reviews detesting ads on bbm chats and I n bbm feeds is overwhelming. Neither are they gonna pay to remove it. Theyll just quit and move on.

05-17-16 12:07 PM
    The amount of user reviews detesting ads on bbm chats and I n bbm feeds is overwhelming. Neither are they gonna pay to remove it. Theyll just quit and move on.

So why do they tolerate ads in Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, etc. ?
    05-17-16 12:32 PM
    So why do they tolerate ads in Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, etc. ?
    Good point (I hate the adds in Twitter). The difference, I believe, is that they offer more value. In other words, I know maybe 3 people left on BBM so why put up with it? I get most of my news updates, etc. from Twitter so I'm more likely to put up with it, though begrudgingly.
    05-17-16 03:50 PM
    Allow for bigger file transfer.. sad I can't send a video that I took with my BlackBerry cause 22 seconds is over 16 mb limit. Had to use whatsapp.... go figure

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 10:04 PM
102 ... 2345