Search instagram and twitter, you will find alot of happy iphone users posting screen shots of their bbm. with alot of people jealous asking how they got it.
    09-21-13 10:31 PM
    I agree. Not a total failure, but a botched in BlackBerry fashion. No matter whose "fault" it is, the shaky release makes BlackBerry look bad. This thread's existence is proof of that.
    09-21-13 10:36 PM
    BBM will not be a failure because of this mishap. As a matter of fact I am rather bullish because this kinda remind of what people do when they see a long line up at club vs another club with no line up. People gravitate to where the hype is. It seems there is a pent up demand for BBM; 1.1 million users within 8 hrs? Wow!
    Vorkosigan and BBVegasGirl80 like this.
    09-21-13 10:42 PM
    Sounds like the title for a cb blog post
    Donvald, bekkay, al750n and 1 others like this.
    09-21-13 10:46 PM
    BBM will not be a failure because of this mishap. As a matter of fact I am rather bullish because this kinda remind of what people do when they see a long line up at club vs another club with no line up. People gravitate to where the hype is. It seems there is a pent up demand for BBM; 1.1 million users within 8 hrs? Wow!
    Thats how i picture it a huge lineup of iphone users slowly going though the door, then a bunch of android users sneaking through the back. Then the bouncers had to shut it all down. But people inside are having a party! ... but soon the cops will kick out all those underage android kids.
    09-21-13 10:52 PM
    I agree. Not a total failure, but a botched in BlackBerry fashion. No matter whose "fault" it is, the shaky release makes BlackBerry look bad. This thread's existence is proof of that.
    I mean I'm actually very upset. As a long time blackberry user who left for I could not wait for this feature. I even went back to blackberry a couple time before leaving again for software to my liking. But this release for RIM was a total failure and makes me wonder how good the app will even be with this obvious lack of preparation. I'm upset and a little jealous.
    09-21-13 10:58 PM
    It will take more than just a weekend for the BlackBerry term to fix all their problems. Apple BBM new users can text each other now. But cannot send text to BlackBerry BBM users at the moment. So that means BBM is still having cross platform problem and have not fixed that yet. Google BBM is still pending. Apple BBM is only available in several time zones and areas at the moment only. Still have a very long way to go before being able to be compared with other cross platform apps.
    09-21-13 11:05 PM
    I said it in another thread but I'm putting the blame on all the impatient people who couldn't wait to get it and downloaded leaks for android or changed their regional settings to New Zealand to get BBM before anyone else and post about it on social media. It wasn't the downloads that crashed any servers obviously it was all the people registering BBIDs in a such a short period of time. They are regionally staggered launches for a reason. You can blame it on BlackBerry but I think it was kind of flattering that all these non BlackBerry users got a BBID in such a short time that they couldn't handle it and definitely didn't plan on it.
    ryanza and Vorkosigan like this.
    09-21-13 11:07 PM
    Apple BBM new users can text each other now. But cannot send text to BlackBerry BBM users at the moment. So that means BBM is still having cross platform problem and have not fixed that yet. Google BBM is still pending.
    I thought it was already determined to be an issue with BBM Beta with Channels. Which is acceptable because it is a BETA app.
    09-21-13 11:08 PM
    Looks like all those job cuts are hurting the company's execution ability badly, it's just gone from bad to worse. Job cuts are not just devastating to those who were let go, but damaging to the morale of remaining employees. The bright and capable ones are now getting poached or simply actively looking for new opportunities. Only the average ones but for some reason not let go stay and do their tasks half heartedly.
    richardat likes this.
    09-21-13 11:15 PM
    It will take more than just a weekend for the BlackBerry term to fix all their problems. Apple BBM new users can text each other now. But cannot send text to BlackBerry BBM users at the moment. So that means BBM is still having cross platform problem and have not fixed that yet. Google BBM is still pending. Apple BBM is only available in several time zones and areas at the moment only. Still have a very long way to go before being able to be compared with other cross platform apps.
    this was fixed im messaging all my iphone and android contacts. however right now my bbm is down and my whatsapp.... not sure why my wifi is working fine.
    09-21-13 11:16 PM
    Esssssssnnnnn

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 11:24 PM
    Looks like all those job cuts are hurting the company's execution ability badly, it's just gone from bad to worse. Job cuts are not just devastating to those who were let go, but damaging to the morale of remaining employees. The bright and capable ones are now getting poached or simply actively looking for new opportunities. Only the average ones but for some reason not let go stay and do their tasks half heartedly.
    Where is your proof that the "average ones" weren't let go, and where is your proof that their doing their jobs "half heartedly"?

If any of the tweets and work of the BlackBerry employees on Twitter are an indication, they're way better than average and are more motivated than ever. Do you think they're sitting there watching their peers get axed and their company continue on a perilous path, and think it's a good time to be putting in anything less than their all?

I don't dispute that the job cuts hurts BlackBerry's ability to execute, but to label all the remaining employees as average and pretty much call them lazy isn't fair.
    Last edited by SK122387; 09-22-13 at 12:17 AM.
    09-21-13 11:30 PM
    Where is your proof that the "average ones" weren't let go, and where is your proof that their doing their jobs "half heartedly"?

If any of the tweets and work of the BlackBerry employees on Twitter are an indication, they're way better than average and are more motivated than ever. Do you think they're sitting there watching their peers get axed and their company continue on a perilous path, and think it's a good time to be putting anything less than their all?

I don't dispute that the job cuts hurts BlackBerry's ability to execute, but to label all the remaining employees as average and pretty much call them lazy isn't fair.
    First of all, I don't owe you any proof nor can I produce any proof. Only those who actually work for BlackBerry can do so and they certainly will not do it.

The bright and capable ones will continue to work hard and produce results, but they will be actively watching out for exits whenever possible. When these guys make for the exits, unless they are part of the high-ranking execs, there will not be any noise about it. It's all speculation obviously as all of us do here, but the symptoms are there.

I am anxious on how the 10.2 roll out will end up. Hoping for the best and crossing fingers.
    richardat likes this.
    09-21-13 11:43 PM
    Have read multiple comments of users not being able to messages/receive bbm from iOS or droid users... Iv successfully added and spoken to my friend that's away in France for school..messages were sent back and forth...im in Toronto...she's on IOS she added me and I accepted..she sent the first message and I responded ... secondly I also read about channels...i also have channels and it didn't seem to interfere with things on my side .. im running 10.1.0.4181... Telus network

Posted via CB10
    dusdal likes this.
    09-21-13 11:53 PM
    First of all, I don't owe you any proof nor can I produce any proof. Only those who actually work for BlackBerry can do so and they certainly will not do it.

The bright and capable ones will continue to work hard and produce results, but they will be actively watching out for exits whenever possible. When these guys make for the exits, unless they are part of the high-ranking execs, there will not be any noise about it. It's all speculation obviously as all of us do here, but the symptoms are there.

I am anxious on how the 10.2 roll out will end up. Hoping for the best and crossing fingers.
    You don't "owe" any proof, but it's usually a great idea to have some if you're going to call people "average" and say that they're doing their tasks "half heartedly" as if you know what you're talking about.
    09-22-13 12:17 AM
    Crackberry. So many coats. Not enough sugar.
    TgeekB, JeepBB, richardat and 1 others like this.
    09-22-13 12:22 AM
    DSL9700 said:
    Search instagram and twitter, you will find alot of happy iphone users posting screen shots of their bbm. with alot of people jealous asking how they got it.
    I tip my hat to the users in countries that had the opportunity to download and use bbm on their iphones. I would sadly say though that in spite of that this was a complete failure on RIMs part. lets be honest the buzz for bbm on other platforms was by and far majority for android. apple users already have ichat which if we can be honest is a great alternative to BBM, its been around for years and has a smooth and clear interface and also incorporates SMS. the iPhone users that were excited about bbm were the ex BB users and/or people looking for alternativea to SMS to communicate with blackberry friends and fam. like bbm, ichat was locked to the hardware which why there was so much buzz about bbm going multiplatform. finally a polished well designed app for chat, file and media sharing wasnt going to be locked to a type of hardware. This was huge for RIM and they dropped thw ball on many fronts. you can look at the threads and articles on crackberry. most of former bb users transitioned to the android platform. here was a market that didnt have an out of box killer native messaging app that apple and bb users have enjoyed for many years. here was the bulk of your former BB users that would often post along the lines of: love my fillinblank android phone but really miss bbm.
    so blackberry in 2013 gets the most positive buzz they have had in a long time when they announce and hype a global release date for their killer app. that day and hour comes. Aand nothing, and later, more nothing. same splash page on bbm.com. nothing new on twitter. then a request to be patient, its coming!
    then literally 10 hours later after complete silence from company a blog post blaming the community so eager for this app as the fault for the delay and oh by the way release is now TBD. blackberry has proven by its actions today that it is not ready to take its place as a viable company in today's market. it is trying to restructure itself to make it a more attractive offering when it's time to go up for sale? all it has done today is proved why it fell from the top of the food chain to insignificance. poor leadership, poor planning and very poor customer relations. its depressing and really a shame that blackberry will be forever remembered as a cautionary tale of how failing to learn from yours and others mistakes is fatal no matter how often you innovate and restructure.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forum Fiend v1.0.
    09-22-13 12:56 AM
    To keep things short:

-Failure literally means "lack of success".
    -You either fail or you don't.
    -There is no BBM on Google Play or iTunes.

It is a failure.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    09-22-13 01:02 AM
    To me the BBM launch is a dismal failure. You can't sit there and promote something and get folks all fired up and waiting for its release and just postpone it because you say it's not ready yet and has issues.

If I was an investor looking at putting my hard earned money into your company, I would seriously be looking at some project management changes and make sure this didn't happen again.

Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5
    09-22-13 04:42 AM
    Sounds like a lot of interest in BBM. I guess we will see whether the user base will grow over time once they get over the launch hiccups.

Fable Publishing: C0012255F
    09-22-13 04:55 AM
    You've got to be kidding me.
    BBM cross platform will not be a failure.
    The BBM Launch itself is an abject failure, and anyone who denies this is seriously delusional.

Seriously, one of the crown jewels in BlackBerry's arsenal and they can't even get server capacity up to speed. Please don't get me started on that bullcrap story about 'unlicensed downloads'...you only move to a gradual rollout for BOTH iOS and Android when you're not certain of your ability to take on massive explosion of users.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-22-13 07:51 AM
    Can't download on my kids iPhone 5 and it is well past 12:01 AM. This is a failure of execution no matter how you look at it.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 08:15 AM
    I still don't understand why they needed to take it out of iTunes....

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 08:29 AM

No need to defend yourself, what you said are basic truisms that most with even a modicum of common sense would accept. He's presenting inane, legalistic objections which amount to nothing more than the grade 2 rebuttal "oh yeah.....prove it!!!"

If he chooses to believe, or chooses to claim belief that in the middle of half of their peers losing their jobs, the company up for sale, the public retreat from the companies MAIN revenue stream, that the survivors are riding high and inspired, so be it.
    09-22-13 08:47 AM
31 12