My wife and I use BBM to chat. I had 3 Blackberry phones over the years, but switched to a Samsung S7 in the spring. That changeover was uneventful and everything went fine - I kept the same Blackberry ID and BBM worked exactly as it did before.

Until 2 days ago. Wednesday morning I exchanged a few messages, then suddenly, around lunch time, BBM told me I needed to login to continue, but it would not accept the Blackberry ID account that I've always had. I tried the 'Forgot my password' feature and it told me that no account exists with the email address I gave it.

I went to blackberryid.com and logged in successfully with that same email address and password I was trying in BBM. So I know BBM is on crack.

The only thing that may have triggered this is on Tuesday, my wife's phone (BB Classic) was running out of space so I plugged it into our computer and Blackberry Link fired up automatically, but I was logged into my account on the computer so Link may have logged in with my Blackberry ID. And I understand that they've recently stopped allowing migrating a Blackberry ID account from a Blackberry to Android so maybe that login from Link suddenly made it a "Blackberry Blackberry ID" rather than and Android Blackberry ID. *shrugs*

But the plot thickens: My wife is having the exact same issue on her Classic. BBM is receiving message (she sees the notifications when they come in) but when she tries to open the message, the whole Hub stops working and tells her she needs to login to continue, and her Blackberry ID credentials don't work (even though they work on blackberryid.com).

Is anyone else having any problems like this, or have any suggestions? I mean, if I have to start a new Blackberry ID account, that's immensely stupid, but I can do it. But what's the deal with my wife's Classic?
    12-15-17 09:44 AM
    i am having the same issue on my z 30.
    12-15-17 09:57 AM
    Have you had any help from Blackberry support? I tried emailing them, but the person that replied was entirely not helpful. We may just give up on BBM and use something else (Whatsapp or Hangouts maybe)
    12-17-17 11:23 AM
    This is related to major upgrades to BBM. I have had to log back in after each one. this does not trouble me. Each update has improved my BBM experience.
    12-17-17 12:26 PM
    It wouldn't trouble me either if I *could* login. But BBM won't accept my email address as a valid account, even though I can login to blackberryid.blackberry.com
    12-17-17 03:46 PM
    Wow, I can't believe how useless the BBM support is. All they keep telling me, over and over is that "BBM users on Blackberry devices will no longer be able to switch their accounts to Android or iOS devices and vice versa". They keep just copy/pasting the same stupid response.

They can't seem to understand that I'm trying to *continue* using my Blackberry ID account on Android, not switch.
    12-21-17 07:15 AM
    Nevermind now. My phone is a work phone, and the guys at work noticed that there were lots of people having the same problem, so they opened a ticket with Blackberry (or maybe Emtek, I don't really know). But they got my Blackberry ID account working again, and I was able to login to BBM on my S7 again.
    12-21-17 12:03 PM