I saw the video from bbindia, where vivek gives a demonstration bb10.

during the demo, he shows that if one of your contacts has bbm, there's a button for you to push if you want to invite them to become a contact on bbm... and vivek explains that that invitiation comes via email.

so does that mean, that if someone invites me, the invitation will be sent to my email address?

or does the invitation come into the actual bbm application where I can choose to accept or reject?
    12-13-12 06:56 AM
    I expect they will be handled as they are now - people can invite me using my PIN, barcode and any email i have setup on my device - when the invite comes into the BB as an email, the format is recognized by the handset and shows in BBM as an invite.
    12-13-12 07:33 AM
    It would be cool if you decide to invite someone on BBM using NFC that it just turns on the NFC when you bump devices and then turns it off when sync is completed. I never have my NFC on and it's a pain to switch it on than off for one task. Matter of fact that would be cool for all external connection devices like wifi and bluetooth...
    /Patent pending if available... Rim I would like royalties if you move forward on this or just a healthy buy out for this idea.
    12-13-12 09:33 AM
    It would be cool if you decide to invite someone on BBM using NFC that it just turns on the NFC when you bump devices and then turns it off when sync is completed. I never have my NFC on and it's a pain to switch it on than off for one task. Matter of fact that would be cool for all external connection devices like wifi and bluetooth...
    /Patent pending if available... Rim I would like royalties if you move forward on this or just a healthy buy out for this idea.
    You can enable NFC just by selecting "share" by NFC and I am assuming the same goes for inviting via NFC. Adding in a time out for NFC actually does make sense. You should bring it up to them to have a user selectable auto timeout. Or write an app to do it and sell it haha. Mobile hotspot can do it with no activity/devices connected, no reason the rest cannot as well.
    12-13-12 09:37 AM
    Or write an app to do it and sell it haha.
    If only I had the gray matter to be a developer
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    12-13-12 09:56 AM