Do you understand why thieves break doors?
    That's the question you are asking me.
    You can make sure a piece of software works without having to steal my information and without openly asking for my permission to do so.
    You obviously have something to hide if you bury that information on a third party's website.

Please read my post above.

Posted via CB10
    According to my analytics, you've been off topic since your first post in this thread (yes, we've been tracking you ). Please, start talking about BBM and the Google for Jef sakes.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-03-17 07:46 AM
    Haha! Practically every app you use on your device has tracking in it of some sort whether it be for ads or crashes. For that matter, pretty much everything internet related does. Your sky is falling BlackBerry posts are starting to reach crazy levels now Slash. You're just out here looking for things to hate on now, bro.
    Welcome to the Mental health HOTLINE:

If you are excessive compulsive hit 1 repeatedly
    If you are codependent ask someone to hit 2 for you
    If you have multiple personalities hit 3 4 5 6
    If you are paranoid, we know what you are, and what you want. Stay on the line and we will trace your call.
    If you are delusional hit 7 and your call will be transferred to the mother ship
    If you are schizophrenic stay on the line and a little voice will tell what number to hit
    If you are depressed it doesn't matter which number you hit....
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-03-17 08:19 AM
    Do you understand why thieves break doors?
    That's the question you are asking me.
    You can make sure a piece of software works without having to steal my information and without openly asking for my permission to do so.
    You obviously have something to hide if you bury that information on a third party's website.

Please read my post above.
    I really don't understand what you're saying.

We run a website where I work. Some parts of it are unauthenticated, and then significant parts of it are authenticated (where people manage their accounts). It's a complex site with thousands of different parts and we service hundreds of different products. We have thousands of engineers pushing code every day that affect, directly or indirectly, different parts of the site.

So how people navigate through all of that complexity is important for us to track. It's important because we need to know if some part of the site is not working as expected. It's important because as people's needs and behaviors change, we want to continually optimize our site. It's also important because we need to A/B test different parts on different days and we need to know how this is affecting customer behavior.

So we use analytics tools to do that. These are tools from Adobe, or Mixpanel, or Google. These are tools that we don't want to build ourselves, and so we use these really great tools that already exist. It's not because we're part of a big conspiracy to send your passwords to Google or Adobe. In fact, they don't see your passwords. They only see what we enable them to see when we integrate their tools into our site.

This has nothing to do with thievery or hiding behind 3rd parties. We need data on how our customers are using our site so we can better serve our customers. These are good tools which give us that data. It's really that simple.
    03-03-17 08:32 AM
    I don't quite understand what you expected.
    He clearly has not read the privacy statement for his ISP or Cell Provider....

That BBM and most everything on the internet is using some analytics in order to improve the experience... is just the way things work.

And the real world has found them useful too.... which is why there are so many rewards programs or customer cards. Many large companies today track their customers and their employees via analytics that might have nothing to do with the internet.
    03-03-17 08:35 AM
    According to my analytics, you've been off topic since your first post in this thread (yes, we've been tracking you ). Please, start talking about BBM and the Google for Jef sakes.
    I am sorry, but your analytics need a software update. They are faulty.
    I am VERILY on the topic: BBM and Google analytics and how BlackBerry under Chen has become a satellite company feeding data to the Google.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-17 08:45 AM
    He clearly has not read the privacy statement for his ISP or Cell Provider....

That BBM and most everything on the internet is using some analytics in order to improve the experience... is just the way things work.

And the real world has found them useful too.... which is why there are so many rewards programs or customer cards. Many large companies today track their customers and their employees via analytics that might have nothing to do with the internet.
    Oh yes I have. I changed ISP's because they clearly stated that, "if you are a EU or Canadian citizen, your data could end up on Cisco servers in US"
    There is a lawsuit in Canada precisely about that. It may still be going.

The fact that this is happening does not mean that it is OK or legal. It's just that the governments and most people are slow to catch up with it. But it will be fixed some day.

In 1989, în eastern Europe, people went out in the streets and toppled governments precisely because of surveillance...

Sergey Brin, founder of "the Google", of all people, should know this. He was born and spent the first 6 formative years in the Soviet Union. His parents emigrated because of persecution and surveillance. He even commented that he was happy they took him out and he did not have to live there.
    Ironically, in many ways, he is scaling that Soviet surveillance concept, albeit with improvements and much more efficiently, at global level now...

Posted via CB10
    03-03-17 08:49 AM
    and since we cant stay on topic this is done.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and BigBadWulf like this.
    03-03-17 09:44 AM
57 123