I don't know. I don't access it from Linux to check, but for sure I don't trust it. But either way, it shouldn't because we are in Canada and you don't have my permission. So, if I don't give you permission, you are infringing on my privacy and break the law.
    Now you can't say that you didn't know it!
    As you know, according to Canadian law you can't even send me an ad email without asking for permission.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I guess the only solution is logging off all internet related things and moving to a shack in the woods.
    BigBadWulf and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    03-02-17 10:04 PM
    Well, I guess the only solution is logging off all internet related things and moving to a shack in the woods.
    There is a simpler solution which will benefit even you: enforce the existing laws. That's why we have them. That includes privacy and monopoly laws.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 10:07 PM
    I don't know. I don't access it from Linux to check, but for sure I don't trust it. But either way, it shouldn't because we are in Canada and you don't have my permission. So, if I don't give you permission, you are infringing on my privacy and break the law.
    Now you can't say that you didn't know it!
    As you know, according to Canadian law you can't even send me an ad email without asking for permission.

Posted via CB10
    UBlock says it's got some connection to Google Analytics, so that's a bingo.

Besides, you're welcome to read the Mobile Nations Terms and Services and the Mobile Nations Privacy Policy and send your manifesto to the mailing address inside.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-02-17 10:10 PM
    Google isn't a monopoly just because it's popular. There are plenty of other choices just people CHOOSE not to use them for any number of reasons. In any case, I'm not sure what anything you said has to do with Google Analytics being used in BBM vs. what they were using before. Your head would likely explode if you knew they were running Fabric on the BlackBerry Hub suite for crash analytics.
    You are making a very unrealistic assumption that I trusted BlackBerry.
    I don't. But that does not mean that spying and monitoring everything that people do on the Internet, on their computers or on their phones, is OK.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 10:24 PM
    It's a product that many people choose to use.
    Nobody chooses to be Google analyzed when they access a random website. Most sites do not warn you that Google analytics is monitoring your clicks.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 10:25 PM
    Subscribe to BBM Enterprise
    Is that still supported on bb10. I have bb10 protected but I haven't been charged in months... I doubt there was any "protection" anyway.
    At least I never get ads on bbm.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 10:29 PM
    You are making a very unrealistic assumption that I trusted BlackBerry.
    I don't. But that does not mean that spying and monitoring everything that people do on the Internet, on their computers or on their phones, is OK.

Posted via CB10
    I actually hadn't even thought it of considering the majority of your conversation hasn't even revolved around BlackBerry. There was no assumption made at all, other than assuming you hate Google Analytics and think Google is the devil. But that's not much of an assumption, you've been pretty clear on that haha!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-02-17 10:31 PM
    UBlock says it's got some connection to Google Analytics, so that's a bingo.

Besides, you're welcome to read the Mobile Nations Terms and Services and the Mobile Nations Privacy Policy and send your manifesto to the mailing address inside.
    It's OK. I never assumed it was a safe site to trust with confidential information like Blackboard or IEEE Awards website...
    However, if I deny it permission to access my files and it still accesses them, then it is breaking Canadian privacy rules.
    It's like breaking my locked door. I call the police if that happens.
    Just because a thief CAN break my door, it doesn't mean that he/she is not breaking the law and the law should not be enforced.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 10:33 PM
    Nobody chooses to be Google analyzed when they access a random website. Most sites do not warn you that Google analytics is monitoring your clicks.

Posted via CB10
    That's between you and the website.
    03-02-17 10:36 PM
    That's between you and the website.
    Indeed it it is and I do notify the websites that do that, including IEEE and Blackboard...

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 10:38 PM
    Is that still supported on bb10. I have bb10 protected but I haven't been charged in months... I doubt there was any "protection" anyway.
    At least I never get ads on bbm.

Posted via CB10
    BBM Enterprise is for iOS and Android. It's the BlackBerry-owned and controlled BlackBerry Protect of old - not connect to Emtek.
    03-02-17 10:38 PM
    However, if I deny it permission to access my files and it still accesses them, then it is breaking Canadian privacy rules.

Posted via CB10
    Non-identifying information is not subject to privacy rules. Analytics are fine.
    03-02-17 10:42 PM
    Non-identifying information is not subject to privacy rules. Analytics are fine.
    Everything is identifying information for Google and they combine it with identifying information they get elsewhere. We know that and we know how many times Google has been caught red-handed.
    Google Analytics is on the page where I type my login and password and where there are no ads.
    Why do you think they are on that page if not to collect my password and login?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 10:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    For crying out loud. This just went way over the deep end.
    eshropshire likes this.
    03-02-17 10:57 PM
    For crying out loud. This just went way over the deep end.
    This is a blank login page. No other information on it and accessing a purely non-commercial site (IEEE Awards) or a site with confidential student ID and marks (Blackboard).
    Google Analytics has no business on any of them.
    It's not on other websites where I have to type in my password.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 11:02 PM
    You make Alex Jones look well adjusted.
    03-02-17 11:07 PM
    This is a blank login page. No other information on it and accessing a purely non-commercial site (IEEE Awards) or a site with confidential student ID and marks (Blackboard).
    Google Analytics has no business on any of them.
    It's not on other websites where I have to type in my password.
    There are bank servicing sites that use Google Analytics or Mixpanel. They aren't there to steal your password. Banks put them there, just like every other page of the site, to provide analytics. X number of people attempt to login each minute, of which Y are successful. If either rate changes, that's a signal we want to know, for example.

Analytics aren't just for advertising.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-02-17 11:10 PM
    There are bank servicing sites that use Google Analytics or Mixpanel. They aren't there to steal your password. Banks put them there, just like every other page of the site, to provide analytics. X number of people attempt to login each minute, of which Y are successful. If either rate changes, that's a signal we want to know, for example.

Analytics aren't just for advertising.
    Of course not. They are for monitoring, data collection, counting clicks!
    My bank doesn't use Google analytics.

But we are not even talking about banks here.
    E are talking about non-for-profit organizations and universities.
    This is a Canadian university website with confidential student information.
    Supposedly nobody is allowed to monitor that, according to Canadian law, let alone a foreign entity.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 418518
    Attached Thumbnails BBM with Google Analytics. What do you say to that?-google_analytics_tracking_password_on_ieeewebsite_edit.png  
    03-02-17 11:13 PM
    Not on the password page. My bank doesn't use Google analytics.
    Well, that's lovely that your bank doesn't. Others banks do (or something similar like Mixpanel or SiteCatalyst). The IEEE does analytics as well.

You do understand how analytics is helpful in operating a website, even if you have no ads?
    eshropshire and BigBadWulf like this.
    03-02-17 11:16 PM
    Well, that's lovely that your bank doesn't. Others banks do (or something similar like Mixpanel or SiteCatalyst). The IEEE does analytics as well.

You do understand how analytics is helpful in operating a website, even if you have no ads?
    Sure, but you don't contract that out to the most notorious company known for data mining if the page contains confidential information that we are supposed to guard from anyone else...

S you can see, nobody else but Google Analytics is monitoring that page.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 11:23 PM

IEEE doesn't do any analytics. They hired OpenWater to hire Google to do it for them. That's how they pass the bucket...
    https://www.getopenwater.com/the-company/security/.

"We do not process or comply with any browser's do not track signal or any other mechanism that indicates a request to disable online tracking of individual users of our services...."

I only obtained this because I asked IEEE why Google analytics is monitoring their login page.
    Nobody would know that they use openWater and only when you read Openwater's privacy rules you find the above quote.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by sorinv; 03-02-17 at 11:39 PM.
    03-02-17 11:24 PM
    Sure, but you don't contract that out to the most notorious company known for data mining if the page contains confidential information that we are supposed to guard from anyone else...

S you can see, nobody else but Google Analytics is monitoring that page.
    Google doesn't have access to the password you type. That's not it works.

Are you saying that if a site uses Mixpanel or Adobe it's OK? It's only bad if they choose Google for this?
    03-02-17 11:25 PM
    IEEE doesn't do any analytics. They hired OpenWater to hire Google to do it for them. That's how they pass the bucket...
    You didn't really answer the question. Do you understand why people who run websites need to know who does what, when, and in what order? Even if you don't host ads, you want to know what is driving different behaviors on your site, including authentication. It's important for basic operational monitoring, but it's also this data that allows you to optimize, redesign, and test the site over time.
    03-02-17 11:34 PM
    You didn't really answer the question. Do you understand why people who run websites need to know who does what, when, and in what order? Even if you don't host ads, you want to know what is driving different behaviors on your site, including authentication. It's important for basic operational monitoring, but it's also this data that allows you to optimize, redesign, and test the site over time.
    Do you understand why thieves break doors?
    That's the question you are asking me.
    You can make sure a piece of software works without having to steal my information and without openly asking for my permission to do so.
    You obviously have something to hide if you bury that information on a third party's website.

Please read my post above.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 11:41 PM
    I don't quite understand what you expected.
    03-03-17 07:36 AM
57 123