11-10-13 05:20 PM
81 ... 234
tools
    I think more importantly ... especially after the download top of list weeks is the USUAGE statistics!!

I don't care if 1billion ppl on the other two platforms downloaded BBM ... what BlackBerry, and BB users SHOULD care about is how many ppl are STILL using it! Let me elaborate ...

concensus:
    1. Nobody uses BlackBerry anymore so why should I keep it? Hardly anyone is messaging me using BBM after the invite so again why should I use it?

2. Why are pictures uploaded to new 'software' iOS BBM users not showing up on other iOS device BBM users (yet it will on Z10 or native BBM BB users)?! I JUST TESTED THIS AND ITS FACT!!

3. worse off ... users being highly informed realizing where missing features are not coming to iOS/Android BBM because they're favouring BB users primarily, at least until end of 2013 (which is really uncertain already prevalent in these users minds!

SO .... this is where the rubber meets the road. To be honest as a Canadian and BB fan that has recently defected ... again to the imperial dark side (I'd like to refer to iOS ) there is a lot I'm missing from BB but I've gained a lot more using iOS.

BlackBerry desperately NEEDS an ecosystem for BB10 and FAST!! I mean this for the consumer space.

Music (already failed by licensing and doing this on their own, good try good effort just not enough and very late)
    BBM ... we're getting somewhere but the increments in features are STILL TOO SLOW DAMNIT!
    (Ever wonder just how BBM4ALL got more advertisement that was properly and strategically placed vs BB10 itself? Hmmmm)
    Podcasts - STILL sources for content on BB10 devices like Z10 is VERY limited! I want access to iTunes U's podcasts (PDF/book content, audio ebooks, and class curriculum in the USA high-schools and Universities! I mean go global on this).
    Education ... WTF! QNX served as a basis for Unisys used by the Canadian Board of Education for K12 ... so where is the content BB can utilize for consumers to consume?!!!
    Samsung is making a big push into this EVEN in Canada with their Tab 10 tablets (1 yr old) and if BB is not fast enough, like the Canadian Board of Education - we're going to be LEFT behind! Already our GDP is slumping 3yrs straight which means employees don't have the beans collectively to put out proper deliverables ... this comes down to how we're educated and how well we're educated at it's roots before entering the work force and even during for the same or new careers!
    11-10-13 03:07 PM
    Folks - give it time. I know that some of us rushed to push it out to our friends (i did - now at 27!!!) but i also know of people who are really waiting for another rev or two to make sure that all of the bugs are worked out. You know what they say about first gen software...
    Pretty much. I'm in no rush. Get the kinks out and I'll start getting more of my friends over. Then it's all about interacting with them on BBM to make sure they continue to think there's a reason to have it on there. If they've got it on there after a couple of weeks, it's less likely they'll be getting rid of it.
    11-10-13 03:33 PM
    1. Nobody uses BlackBerry anymore so why should I keep it? Hardly anyone is messaging me using BBM after the invite so again why should I use it?

3. worse off ... users being highly informed realizing where missing features are not coming to iOS/Android BBM because they're favouring BB users primarily, at least until end of 2013 (which is really uncertain already prevalent in these users minds!

SO .... this is where the rubber meets the road. To be honest as a Canadian and BB fan that has recently defected ... again to the imperial dark side (I'd like to refer to iOS ) there is a lot I'm missing from BB but I've gained a lot more using iOS.

BlackBerry desperately NEEDS an ecosystem for BB10 and FAST!! I mean this for the consumer space.

Music (already failed by licensing and doing this on their own, good try good effort just not enough and very late)
    BBM ... we're getting somewhere but the increments in features are STILL TOO SLOW DAMNIT!
    (Ever wonder just how BBM4ALL got more advertisement that was properly and strategically placed vs BB10 itself? Hmmmm)
    You're right there's a lot to be done to be at the stage as Samsung, ios and play stores ecosystem but like windows it takes time. Play store didn't get to where it was at overnight. BlackBerry may not have years to get to the same place but people expect miracles.

I can't reply to all your points but engaging with your BBM contacts helps to keep them interested.
    You moved to iPhone and you expect the same level of features that has already been stated is coming?

Of course they're going to favour BlackBerry devices with BBM first. BBM is integrated into BlackBerry devices and if your require more from BBM, BlackBerry devices are the only option.

Fortunately for you the ios ecosystem has offered you more and hopefully BlackBerry will be able to meet those expectations in the future.

Unfortunately if you want the BBM experience it's gotta be BlackBerry
    11-10-13 03:41 PM
    But how exactly do they define "active new user"?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    I'm not a BlackBerry engineer like my friend is but I assume they use math.

Posted via Q10 using CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    11-10-13 03:42 PM
    Pretty much. I'm in no rush. Get the kinks out and I'll start getting more of my friends over. Then it's all about interacting with them on BBM to make sure they continue to think there's a reason to have it on there. If they've got it on there after a couple of weeks, it's less likely they'll be getting rid of it.
    Agree 100%

I pushed it hard at first to help the hype, which I was thrilled about. Now I'm waiting for it to be flawless to push again, then with each new feature.

They really need to work out the bugs right now though to stop losing the new users
    11-10-13 03:45 PM
    I'm not a BlackBerry engineer like my friend is but I assume they use math.

Posted via Q10 using CB10
    Obviously the question is what criteria they use to define "active" and "new". There are multiple ways to define these, especially since there are no subscriptions involved. To me the number they put out is not meaningful unless we understand the criteria.

Their "math" has been a little creative for a while (e.g BES10 "installs" ), hence the skepticism.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    11-10-13 05:20 PM
81 ... 234