I just looked from where I live in the Southeast US. #124 in the top free. #13 in new releases. In communication it's also #13.

I think the excitement has died out.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-08-13 09:45 PM
    When they bring voice and video, it should come back to #1. The quality is better than Skype and hangouts isn't even close.
    11-08-13 10:03 PM
    BBM is down from 2nd to 45th in the app store.-imageuploadedbycb-forums1383969892.539837.jpgenough said
    11-08-13 10:04 PM
    BGR posted a positive story about it today.
    11-08-13 10:33 PM
    We can talk a lot about it, but that doesn't increase downloads or usage. I suppose BlackBerry has to invest big money in marketing if they really believe in the app as a business.
    If you're talking about it here... people are talking about it elsewhere. Perhaps even on bbm itself.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-08-13 11:05 PM
    If you're talking about it here... people are talking about it elsewhere. Perhaps even on bbm itself.

Posted via CB10
    You are correct. I now have 26 bbm friends. Before it went cross platform, I had 2 friends. And most of my current friends are iphone users.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 11:10 PM
    #5 in Canada on Appstore Free list as per Sparky's post. And iPhones way outnumber android phones here.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 11:39 PM
    It's at number 57 in Apple's App Store in the U.S. right now. I don't know if that means much, though. It doesn't really matter how many people are downloading it, it matters how many are actually using it.
    11-09-13 12:00 AM
    Still #2 in Indonesia in apple app store now

Posted via CB10
    Not a very significant stat when compared to it's ranking in Android. I think Android has like 20X the market share of iOS in Indonesia.
    11-09-13 12:19 AM
    Not a very significant stat when compared to it's ranking in Android. I think Android has like 20X the market share of iOS in Indonesia.
    I just checked my friend android phone here in indonesia, also #2 top free in google play

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 12:32 AM
    I just checked my friend android phone here in indonesia, also #2 top free in google play
    That is much more meaningful than #2 in the iPhone App Store in Indonesia.
    11-09-13 02:18 AM
    It wasn't 20 million downloads, but 20 million new, active users. The download number was probably a lot more considering 10 million downloaded it in the first day. 2 of my friends downloaded it, didn't see much point to it and deleted it. Ofcourse, I know more than 2 people that downloaded it, but I suspect this is the case for quite a few people.
    I wonder how many of those users are migrating from a legacy bb device.
    11-09-13 02:52 AM
    Anyone experiencing problems in messaging to IOS and Android users. Most of the time they messages are not getting delivered. Too many missed chats. Not reliable at least here in South East Asia. My friend in indonesia using Android gets my message only once in a while but no problems with WhatsApp. I hope BBM acts fast to this. A lot of my friends are pissed and returning to WhatsApp .

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 03:28 AM
    I think it will take time for folks to catch on. I have promoted it here with my friends and business colleagues who all use Android and IOS and showed then how they can now talk to one another using a secure app cross platform and my BBM contact list has grown by the day.

Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5
    11-09-13 03:49 AM
    Number 3 in UK iOS app store.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 07:51 AM
    Number 3 in UK iOS app store.

Posted via CB10
    Is it? iTunes is showing it as #6, still impressive for it to be in the top 10 after almost 3 weeks being available. Snapchat is currently #29 and that's supposedly a big app.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 09:35 AM
    Folks - give it time. I know that some of us rushed to push it out to our friends (i did - now at 27!!!) but i also know of people who are really waiting for another rev or two to make sure that all of the bugs are worked out. You know what they say about first gen software...
    11-09-13 10:09 AM
    It's funny the way people in here like to tell off the millions of people who don't care about BBM. Folks, there is nothing wrong with those people. They just don't care. BBM was new, and so it went to the top of the apple and Android app charts for a bit, but until there is universal video and audio calling and screen sharing, and until BBM offers the options for personalisation that WhatsApp does, many people won't be bothered.

That's the BlackBerry problem: ignore the obvious, and then call the masses nasty names for not giving a damn about you. I like BBM, but unlike some folks in here, I accept that a lot of people just don't give a damn about D and R, and would rather have pretty wallpaper.

There is nothing wrong with those people. They just don't give a damn. BlackBerry need to figure this out or watch BBM fizzle out to irrelevance.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 10:16 AM
    When did BBM come out for ios and android?
    11-09-13 10:32 AM
    Such a shame that the interest is starting to die down already. Slipping on the charts in any region is not good no matter how one tries to spin it. No excuse, apps that have been out longer are still up there.
    11-09-13 10:43 AM
    It'll go up again once there's another feature release. I think it's channels that will cement it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    11-09-13 03:30 PM
    You get one chance to make an impression.
    With no voice and video the reliability had to be spot on to make that impression.
    Cross platform BBM is the least reliable option of all the available apps.
    There is no chance it will be number one in the IM game because they released it as an unreliable app and it's got nothing else to go on.
    11-09-13 05:45 PM
    BBM has, in my view, the most potential out of all the messaging platforms, but it's not complete yet cross platform, and as I've said in here plenty of times, it looks far too plain and boring for a mass audience. Hopefully they will do something about this.

I really scratch my head, and wonder: are the BBM people even having the conversation...'jeez, should we provide a wallpapers option, or is boring grey going to take over the world?'

So much potential, but I really don't know whether the people behind BBM and BlackBerry have a clue. I really wonder what kinds of conversations these people have...

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 06:11 PM
    Once video and voice comes to BBM you will see a spike in usage.. honestly thats the only reason I'm not using BBM as much.

Posted via iPhone
    11-09-13 09:00 PM
    until BBM offers the options for personalisation that WhatsApp does, many people won't be bothered.

Posted via CB10
    Really ? ? What kind of personalisation does WhatsApp have? I'd like change something on my WhatsApp too :-)
    11-09-13 09:59 PM
81 1234