I think it would be a good idea to go cross platform, last year I would have not agreed but since holding this Z I have faith in bb10, BBM use to be a reason to get BlackBerry but now BlackBerry has so much more to offer then just BBM.

What I think should happen is that us BlackBerry users should get something exclusive just for us BlackBerry users, I like channels and think this will be a huge hit, I wonder in a year if I will even be using the CB app, I bet I will be connecting to crackberry via BBM channels. Let it go cross platform BUT keep something to make people switch to BlackBerry to get the FULL experience. We still need somehow exclusive to us BlackBerry fans, I hope they think this one threw and not just give it all away. Give them chat but keep channels OR give them chat but not voice. Something gotta stay with us. Anyone agree or what do u think should happen?

Sent from the Amazing Z10
    05-17-13 12:08 PM
    Ergh NO. The whole point of channels is mass notoriety how is closing that off the rest of the mobile space a good thing.BBM is going cross platform they are looking to be number 1 in communications video,voice,and messaging.And get a position as a social media app and as and advertiser cutting into some of google's revenue possibly.Read up on GIST who BB acquired.

BB have had BBm on desktop in house for years.There's so much to gain from BBM going cross platform limiting features is not the way forward.BBM is just another tool like docs to go.BB are bigger than BBM once they deliver this top notch service.The Brand recognition will be huge the negative reputation and stigma will slowly disappear.People think BB cant deliver anything they think BB just make phones.Foolishly not knowing that the NOC is whats helping them get data on their phone.Don't even get me started on the grand delusions that the media has put on apple as a tech powerhouse.

The potentials are huge because of cross platforming. People like the DOD will have a reliable communication method that can msg quickly all in real time across all there mobile and pc's.Something skype and the rest have failed to do.BB could start offering private servers just for BBM to DOD and enterprises and much more stuff like that.

Its 2013 stuff that worked in 05 days when jim and jobs were around is over all that keeping everything inhouse is not needed have o open up a bit.Seriously let BBM go sure their will be losses ,but the gains look to be bigger.Its a trojan horse for better brand recognition and so much more.The OS is where BB10 shines for us BBM is nothing but a taste and intrigue into new BB world for others.

Be cool and let it go its sill ours.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 05-17-13 at 04:12 PM.
    Vorkosigan and MarsupilamiX like this.
    05-17-13 01:30 PM