I would LOVE it.

No digging through my bag to find my BB when I need to BBM my man across the pond.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    01-04-13 02:43 PM
    I think BBM cross-platform will be available to enterprise customers with a BES first... and then maybe down the road RIM will release a version for the consumer. It is just easier for them to make Enterprises pay for such a service.
    01-04-13 03:13 PM
    Maybe this would be the Skype replacement. If everyone had BBM, why would we need Skype. Also, this could be why WhatsApp is not coming to BB10.

Hmmmm...I wonder what RIM has up their sleeve?
    01-04-13 04:38 PM
    This whole paying for BBM or any messaging service concept is a medieval, back in the day when RIM were king thing.

Lets all fast forward 5 years to the present day and give our collective heads a shake.
    01-04-13 05:02 PM
    Say RIM does this. How do they market to Android and iOS users? They can't just put in Google Play or App Store and expect them to stumble upon it. I am just asking because I'm not sure how to do it. Maybe have a feature in the upcoming to invite iOS/Android users and they get a download link?
    01-04-13 06:52 PM
    If what's app is charging yearly why not rim?

good move but rim is treading on this ice.

monthly subscription - fail
    watered down bbm on other devices- fail

app should be cheap (.99 cts) and only a one time payment involved. when bbm usage widens and people start getting into bbm circles, bb10 sales will go up.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-04-13 08:22 PM
    probably yes, possibly no. there are many ways of how RIM will get money from BBM, I guess. for example, from BBM Money.
    01-05-13 12:54 AM
    Messages are free in iOS.
    Last edited by CairnsRock; 01-05-13 at 02:07 AM.
    01-05-13 01:35 AM
    they only charge bb users yearly. and even then. in my 4 years of using whatsapp, i never had to pay as they keep extending my trial indefinitely.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-05-13 02:02 AM
    RIM never capitalized on bbm when that's all they had going for them. Now in 2013, with BB usage at its lowest, it makes sense that it would become a cross platform messenger. BBM on a blackberry alone requires many devices sold and used in order for it to succeed. What's the point of bbm if you can't find any more than 2-5 contacts. Also, with the popularity of whatsapp, RIM has really no choice but to make bbm cross platform. I don't even think a subscription is a good idea. Right now RIM needs to bring people back, and no one likes "extra" subscriptions,especially when there are plenty that do the same thing for free. My thing is, keep it free across platform, and make it basic. Want a "full featured" version of bbm? Get a blackberry! That to me is the only option that makes perfect sense.

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    01-05-13 05:04 AM
    RIM never capitalized on bbm when that's all they had going for them. Now in 2013, with BB usage at its lowest, it makes sense that it would become a cross platform messenger. BBM on a blackberry alone requires many devices sold and used in order for it to succeed. What's the point of bbm if you can't find any more than 2-5 contacts. Also, with the popularity of whatsapp, RIM has really no choice but to make bbm cross platform. I don't even think a subscription is a good idea. Right now RIM needs to bring people back, and no one likes "extra" subscriptions,especially when there are plenty that do the same thing for free. My thing is, keep it free across platform, and make it basic. Want a "full featured" version of bbm? Get a blackberry! That to me is the only option that makes perfect sense.

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2
    I like this.....I also would like the idea of a tiered approach; free and full featured on BB, free basic cross platform, and full featured for a fee cross platform.
    01-05-13 06:18 AM
    Messages are free in iOS.
    If you mean iMessage, that's also another platform specific messaging.

I'd love for BB to get away from the platform specific model...
    01-05-13 06:20 AM
    I'm afraid you are all chasing a non story. Nice find OP just the same. I managed to trace the author of reason #268 and as such will email him to get the skinny on this thoughts. I'm thinking the wording of reason #268 did not " translate" properly. The syntax seems off.

Actually forget that,lol,I can't read or speak in German, somebody else will have to follow through and email or talk to him, if they like.

http://www.lurado.de

You can also find his app Task Manager Pro in Blackberry App World.
    Sebastian Ludwig

Check out reason #2737, #2719, #3220, #2277 shout outs to Bla1ze, how cool is that, eh Bla1ze.
    Last edited by TomJasper; 01-05-13 at 09:10 PM.
    01-05-13 08:09 PM
    Good observation! Got me thinking now, was it intentional to leave that in there?
    #BB10BELIEVE
    I'm sure that one was left there intentionally, as it's a dead end non story(see my previous post).

Here is where it gets interesting though (thanks btw op), you can see/watch reason #3378 and #6247 , yet there is no #6248 or anything between #3378 and #6247. It's like a big blank void,lol. Was it my browser, web glitch, doubt it, give it a try, just use the search box.

Now considering many app dev's (and others) have reasons posted there, perhaps they are offline (hidden)until Jan 30 2013, as it's real easy to DOX the other reasons and backtrack most, in fact to some interesting conclusions. Have fun with it, I can wait until Jan 30 2013.

Yet, #9997 (time for a haircut)
    Last edited by TomJasper; 01-06-13 at 12:13 AM.
    01-05-13 11:16 PM
39 12