Are these User generated or Rim generated? Seems Odd that they would allow misinformation on there own webpages So does that mean this is real?

Reason #268
    I believe in BlackBerry 10 because BBM will be useable for other platforms and connects more users to the RIM infrastructure.

10k Reasons to Believe
    The Furbz, s0be and citystars41 like this.
    01-02-13 05:34 PM
    The link doesn't take you directly to reason #268, so we can't rly see what your talking about.
    01-02-13 05:55 PM
    Good observation! Got me thinking now, was it intentional to leave that in there?
    #BB10BELIEVE
    01-02-13 05:57 PM
    The link doesn't take you directly to reason #268, so we can't rly see what your talking about.
    Go to the link then type in 268 in the ALL search bar.
    DrWormBoy likes this.
    01-02-13 05:58 PM
    Good observation! Got me thinking now, was it intentional to leave that in there?
    #BB10BELIEVE
    I really hope that was intentional. Can't wait to see what they announce on Jan 30th.

Good find OP!
    The Furbz likes this.
    01-03-13 02:12 AM
    That would make me extremely happy if it were to pan out.
    I would buy it for my SGIII and my 4S.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    01-03-13 08:12 AM
    These are user generated so i wouldn't get my hopes too high...
    MTL and schmeat like this.
    01-03-13 08:27 AM
    That would make me extremely happy if it were to pan out.
    I would buy it for my SGIII and my 4S.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    And don't forget to reinstall it, when u upgrade to SG IV
    01-03-13 08:34 AM
    It is the #2 most popular 'reason' overall.

If these posts are moderated at all someone would have had to notice; but even if not true I don't know if they'd bother taking it down - it creates a buzz and they can later claim it was simply a post by an over enthusiastic user and not any sort of official company info release.

Fingers crossed - I think it would be awesome to have BBM cross-platform, but I'm not holding my breath.
    01-03-13 11:35 AM
    Keep dreaming.

I can't see that happening now.

Time will tell if I'm rigth or wrong.

I don't like the idea of BBM going crossplataform, and I hope RIM thinks the same as me hahahaha.
    MTL likes this.
    01-03-13 11:43 AM
    What if this became a monthly service model, would people be so enthusiastic to still use it? Including BBM voice and BBM Money of course. Something like $2/mo? (just throwing a number out there). That could open RIM up to potentially billions in revenue a year from making this cross platform.
    spike12, motor96 and jakie55 like this.
    01-03-13 11:48 AM
    I typed in 268 waited to see if there is an anchor link that brings me to the reason. Nothing. BUT, when I scrolled down only Reason 268 was showing.

So it Is there people...just have to search every way.
    01-03-13 12:05 PM
    Think about it this way:

-RIM has said they are switching to a 'tiered' billing strategy
    -Making BBM cross platform for a small monthly fee for non-blackberry users (while remaining free for blackberry users) let's them tap into a new and potentially huge revenue stream,
    -By limiting key features (such as BBM Money, etc) to only BlackBerry users provides incentive for non-blackberry BBM users to switch to BlackBerry rather than stay with the limited BBM,
    -RIM does have the ability to bill through the carriers, perhaps they can enable billing to non-blackberry users for BBM via carrier billing?

Keep in mind BBM is the one feature most consumers miss when leaving to a new platform. If they can somehow offer this securely, and charge for it, through the network (as opposed to unsecured Whatsapp), it could become a huge boon for RIM.
    01-03-13 12:12 PM
    What if this became a monthly service model, would people be so enthusiastic to still use it? Including BBM voice and BBM Money of course. Something like $2/mo? (just throwing a number out there). That could open RIM up to potentially billions in revenue a year from making this cross platform.
    I imagine that BBM would still be free on all BlackBerry devices but you would have to pay to use it on other devices.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    01-03-13 03:08 PM
    As well, mobil fusion and BYOD would mean BBM could go cross platform, at least in the enterprise space. Would make sense to start with corporate with video, voice and text. Then have a consumer version down the road. Makes sense to me and would be a good launch announcement to draw in enterprise users.
    DrWormBoy likes this.
    01-03-13 03:13 PM
    A gamechanger if RIM can leverage some revenue from it!!!!! The thing many forget is RIM can geerate revvenue from enterprise and doesn't need to rely on app sales as much. We shall see what the next month brings, we shall see!!!
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-03-13 03:16 PM
    And don't forget to reinstall it, when u upgrade to SG IV
    Oh yah....trust me I would....I've been asking for BBM to go cross platform FOREVER. Got CRUSHED every time I suggested it.
    Hope it pans out....REALLY hope it pans out....
    01-04-13 03:59 AM
    I don't buy the idea "as-is". BBM is BlackBerry exclusive and should stay alike IMHO.
    The only improvement I'd like to have is the ability to embed it on my desktop (me being a BB user), ideally within Outlook (but will most likely be within the next Desktop software).
    gokulesh likes this.
    01-04-13 04:49 AM
    with the use of BB id isnt it plausible that they could be considering cross platform Bbm, think it would work if they offered a slimmed down version for non BB user or as others Have said charge a monthly BB service fee!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9500
    01-04-13 05:27 AM
    with the use of BB id isnt it plausible that they could be considering cross platform Bbm, think it would work if they offered a slimmed down version for non BB user or as others Have said charge a monthly BB service fee!
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9500
    Q: I want BBM
    RE : get a BlackBerry.

That's the only song I want to ear.
    #NoCompromise.
    MTL and Ben1232 like this.
    01-04-13 05:37 AM
    I think they should do it but not at the moment, if they release a cross platform version now, i can just install it on my iphone and wont have to switch back...Lets increase our user base as much as we can and then release it to get some sort of revenue from it as some suggested. Rim needs to get back all those customers who switched to apple and their imessage mainly because everybody was switching...This trend will reverse for sure as apple's imessage suck and is buggy...
    01-04-13 05:40 AM
    knees begging time is over. is iMessage cross-platform ? Why should BBM ?
    01-04-13 05:43 AM
    I think they should do it but not at the moment, if they release a cross platform version now, i can just install it on my iphone and wont have to switch back...Lets increase our user base as much as we can and then release it to get some sort of revenue from it as some suggested. Rim needs to get back all those customers who switched to apple and their imessage mainly because everybody was switching...This trend will reverse for sure as apple's imessage suck and is buggy...
    Ever hear of Whatapps?, Gtalk?, Yahoo Messenger?, texting?

All of which are used more in the US then BBM.

I will say it again. BBM is useless in the U.S.

This is one market RIM needs to succeed in. They can't live off third world countries forever. As they improve so will their needs. Its just a matter of time.

Perhaps just add the option of BBM working with Whatsapp sort of like IMplus does with other chat clients.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    01-04-13 07:16 AM
    good move but rim is treading on this ice.

monthly subscription - fail
    watered down bbm on other devices- fail

app should be cheap (.99 cts) and only a one time payment involved. when bbm usage widens and people start getting into bbm circles, bb10 sales will go up.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-04-13 08:42 AM
    Oh yah....trust me I would....I've been asking for BBM to go cross platform FOREVER. Got CRUSHED every time I suggested it.
    Hope it pans out....REALLY hope it pans out....
    It might be becoming true I guess. Since some lately rumour said that BB10 doesn't need BIS for internet connection. So, means BBM at BB10 also doesn't need BIS. If yes, we, hopefully, can see BBM for other platforms.
    01-04-13 01:31 PM
39 12