Instead of just being able to have a profile pic for your Bbm account why couldn't it be a profile album which your contacts could view and would get updates when you add new photos to your album.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 07:43 AM
    Yes by choosing which contacts can be able to see them.

Powered by Blackberry
    04-11-14 07:56 AM
    All Blackberry has to do is get the 700million who use Instagram to download BBM and its all over for Instagram!!!
    04-11-14 07:57 AM
    OP, you wishing for miracle, ain't you? It would be much easier for BBM to overtake WhatsApp than to make IG irrelevant. BBM and IG are not identical.
    04-11-14 08:21 AM
    OP, you wishing for miracle, ain't you? It would be much easier for BBM to overtake WhatsApp than to make IG irrelevant. BBM and IG are not identical.
    But what if they combined whats app and IG features into BBM? That would be cool, no?
    04-11-14 10:38 AM
    But what if they combined whats app and IG features into BBM? That would be cool, no?
    It's just not gonna happen. BBM is nothing like Instagram. They still have bugs to work out with BBM, particularly the delay issue on groups and regular messages....it gets pretty annoying.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-11-14 12:28 PM
    I do think BBM has the potential to make skype, Facebook, and Instagram less relevant, but I think the odds of BlackBerry expanding BBM and promoting it to the general public well enough is very, very slim indeed.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    04-11-14 12:38 PM
    It's not gonna happen. I can't even see BBM overtake Whatsapp..

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 01:03 PM
    I can see channels like instagram. I post my photos with comments in a similar manner

From my new z30
    04-11-14 01:34 PM
    WeChat does this in asia and it pretty much killed the chinese facebook, instagram and twitter. Plus its now selling everything from apps to insurance policies...
    04-11-14 04:58 PM
    All Blackberry has to do is get the 700million who use Instagram to download BBM and its all over for Instagram!!!
    http://www.morningnewsusa.com/instag...te-239226.html

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 06:57 PM
    Lol

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    04-11-14 07:30 PM
    Many years ago many of us realized the social networking capabilities of BBM. Unfortunately BlackBerry was slow to respond.

I know people at BlackBerry who said they have been working on these for 4 years.

That being said as a former BlackBerry user said to me....while he has his 300 friends on Facebook....he likes to keep his new BBM with his Iphone small ad t really is a personal social network.

I treat it the same....I limit my Facebook postings... but update my BBM all the time.....because the people on BBM I actually talk to....this coming g from someone with 350 Facebook friends and 80+ BBM friends And those really are the core people I don't mind knowing I am on vacation or at a bar. do you know why? No matter what the security settings no one is coming up with it on Google.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 07:54 PM
    Are people still using instagram...I thought that craze was over!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 10:39 PM
    Already get all of this with ChatOn. Don't care what anyone else thinks is better or how many users another one has. As long as people are willing to install what I find the most Featured and Reliable solution, that's what I'll use.

Instagram and BBM are completely different products.

BBM is more comparable to solutions like Line, WeChat, and ChatOn.

Instagram is more comparable to Solutions like Flickr and Google+ Photos.

Blackberry needs to focus on Messaging. Others have caught up or surpassed them there, and you guys are trying to get them to compete with services that are largely out of their market at this point. One thing at a time. Focus on the basics, IMO.
    04-11-14 11:04 PM