According to this article by McAfee, mobile computing and social networks being leveraged for financial information. Hmmm Snapchat comes to mind no? Anyhow here is the link to the article. In my opinion, it's articles and events like this that may prove to be BlackBerry savior!

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 08:40 AM
    According to this article by McAfee, mobile computing and social networks being leveraged for financial information. Hmmm Snapchat comes to mind no? Anyhow here is the link to the article. In my opinion, it's articles and events like this that may prove to be BlackBerry savior!

Posted via CB10
    Where's the link?? Nothing there to click on!
    kbz1960 and adjdudley21 like this.
    01-03-14 08:49 AM
    Yea I don't see the link either...

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 09:11 AM
    http://itincanadaonline.ca/index.php...aign=itc-daily

Sorry about that, but my phone rang.....lol

Posted via CB10
    00stryder, bb624 and Mr.mister like this.
    01-03-14 09:21 AM
    BB needs a few more of these to make people pause and think a little. People are generally very apathetic and ignorant when it comes to online privacy and security.

STL 100-1 OS 10.2.1.1925
    01-03-14 09:49 AM
    I guess they won't be targeting bbry. Too small of a user base. Sometimes obscurity is the best security.
    01-03-14 10:01 AM
    But aren't people sideloading Snapchat on their BB phones?
    01-03-14 10:03 AM
    Unless an article like this begins to mention other more secure alternatives such as BBM, BBM willl be lumped in with the rest.
    01-03-14 10:08 AM
    Unless an article like this begins to mention other more secure alternatives such as BBM, BBM willl be lumped in with the rest.
    I think BBM is well known for its security. Just doesn't seem an important feature for the consumer. However that could change.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 04:32 PM
    But aren't people sideloading Snapchat on their BB phones?
    Yes they are, and they can get burnt just as easily if the information on snapchat is breached. Oh wait that just happened. So if these less secure social sites and IM platforms get hit hard, people may flock to BBM

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 04:34 PM
    I think BBM is well known for its security. Just doesn't seem an important feature for the consumer. However that could change.

Posted via CB10
    Don't you have to be on a BES to get that security?
    01-03-14 04:35 PM
    Yes they are, and they can get burnt just as easily if the information on snapchat is breached. Oh wait that just happened. So if these less secure social sites and IM platforms get hit hard, people may flock to BBM

Posted via CB10
    But it really need to blow up big time - I mean huge, before the average Joe will even take notice. Society is just so gullible when it comes to protection of personal information.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 04:38 PM
    Don't you have to be on a BES to get that security?
    I don't know. I was under the impression that BBM runs via the BlackBerry NOC and is encrypted all the way irrespective of BES. I speak under correction.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    01-03-14 04:41 PM
    I'd agree with Playboook007. It is not of a very high importance to many users. If I ask people about what they like or dislike about their messenger, security is not even a concern most of the time.

It might be, or become, a concern for business users and companies though, and as business internal communication is often held via instant messengers nowadays, bbm might be a choice for them. If that's gonna bring bbm ahead the competition I don't know.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    01-03-14 04:50 PM
    Interesting article. BlackBerry will shine again.
    01-03-14 04:51 PM
    Ppl are stupid and believe they won't be affected. That's why people still text and drive, why they don't have virus protection on the computer. Bad things won't happen to them. I don't see anyone switching because of security. Why would they when you can find a magical app that can provide protection?

I'd love to be maybe the share price will bounce back enough that I will be even lol.

Posted via CB10

Edit.

furthermore this report comes from a company that makes money by viruses and hackers. While true I think the main reason for this article is to drive their own revenue....
    01-03-14 05:10 PM
    I don't know. I was under the impression that BBM runs via the BlackBerry NOC and is encrypted all the way irrespective of BES. I speak under correction.

Posted via CB10
    This is kind of old so I don't know if it still holds.

Myth - BBM is Secure: Blackberry Messenger
    01-03-14 05:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty sure you're right, though I'm not absolutely positive myself. As I understand it, BBM still leverages the NOC and requires a connection to BlackBerry's servers to function, thus why you need to see the ? logo in the status bar for messages to be sent/received.

I don't think app data or Internet traffic from the browser still transfer through the NOC, but I'm pretty sure that's still available for commercial BBM users (and would also explain why the leak of the Android BBM app was so devastating to the xBBM launch).

Edit: Come on CB10... get it together! the "logo" I referred to above is the mini BlackBerry logo that signifies connection to their service. It may or may not show up for people here using the CB10 app like me, for some strange reason.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 05:21 PM
    Ppl are stupid and believe they won't be affected. That's why people still text and drive, why they don't have virus protection on the computer. Bad things won't happen to them. I don't see anyone switching because of security. Why would they when you can find a magical app that can provide protection?

I'd love to be maybe the share price will bounce back enough that I will be even lol.

Posted via CB10

Edit.

furthermore this report comes from a company that makes money by viruses and hackers. While true I think the main reason for this article is to drive their own revenue....
    Absolutely valid that an anti virus company publishes the article. However, given snapchat as of late, and the fact that virtually anyone can write an app, makes obtaining personal information easy pickings. If you actually study the massive rise in online fraud, banking violations and identity theft, let alone corporate espionage and sabotage, then security should be a valid concern for everyone.
    I absolutely agree the mentality is "it will happen to anyone but me!"

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    01-03-14 05:35 PM
    This is kind of old so I don't know if it still holds.

Myth - BBM is Secure: Blackberry Messenger
    That link is full of inaccuracies. I don't even know where to start. The writer doesn't even know what a PIN is, confusing it with a Mac address. It's the PIN plus the UDID. The PIN can be transferred to another device, but first it has to be decoupled from the first device. My colleague just did this seamlessly as I watched.

Anyway, the link is full of crud. The fact that the writer doesn't even understand what a PIN is makes it not even worthy of rebuttal.

BBM out of the box is not 100 secure, it's true. But it is still much better than anything that sends your messages to a server over the public Internet.

BlackBerry owns the largest private data network in the world. People forget that.
    kbz1960 and 00stryder like this.
    01-03-14 05:48 PM
    But it really need to blow up big time - I mean huge, before the average Joe will even take notice. Society is just so gullible when it comes to protection of personal information.

Posted via CB10
    Like the whole Target deal. I cxl my red card after that.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    m1kr0 likes this.
    01-03-14 05:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    There are a lot if things in life I don't know.....but one thing I do know is that people in general know very little of anything BlackBerry does, and most of what they are told or believe about BlackBerry.....is false

CB10'n it via da Z
    00stryder likes this.
    01-03-14 05:53 PM
    Like the whole Target deal. I cxl my red card after that.

The personal data being stolen is incredible, yet it goes unnoticed. It's going to bite people hard. Unfortunately, by then it's too late.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 05:54 PM
    The personal data being stolen is incredible, yet it goes unnoticed. It's going to bite people hard. Unfortunately, by then it's too late.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah scary. What r ur thoughts on mobile check deposits?

01-03-14 05:56 PM