Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 68.42%
  • No

5 26.32%
  • Maybe

1 5.26%
    Are any of you with Android or iOS devices going to download BBM? Do you think it will release on this date?

BBM coming to Android and iOS June 27th? | CrackBerry.com

Im downloading 1000000%
    SkaterGuy2k likes this.
    06-06-13 10:40 AM
    I would try to download it on my Ipod Touch since i dont and have never owned an Iphone, maybe I could put it on my Android tablet, again never owned the phones lol But ill try it for sure. Be nice to compare the differences and functionality.
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    06-06-13 10:45 AM
    Since they are giving BBM access to Android and iphone for free, do you think they will come out with a BBOS version? For a person with a non-blackberry plan (BIS) it would be nice to have even a trimmed down BBM.

(For my kids on pay as you go plans)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 via Tapatalk
    06-06-13 11:52 AM
    So if it's not available this month, but "later this summer", this probably means around August. It's ridiculous how early they pre-announced this. It really should've been available at BlackBerry Live or at least shortly thereafter.

Not mention it's just going to be a bare bones IM client at first. BBM Video, screen share, and voice calling won't be available initially. "Coming soon" after initial release.

They should at least clarify the media with some screenshots. Every major tech site is using this photo (BBM from OS 7):
    Last edited by BB.David; 06-07-13 at 02:06 AM.
    06-07-13 01:55 AM
    I don't see the point... honestly. Hardly used BBM while I was on my Blackberry(s), don't need it now.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
    06-07-13 02:09 AM
    I don't see the point... honestly. Hardly used BBM while I was on my Blackberry(s), don't need it now.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm in the same boat. I still have my BB but It's collecting dust at the moment because I have loads of people on BBM but no1 talks, all I get are broadcasts.

When it comes to android with the same features that BBM has on Z10..I will make more use of it.
    06-07-13 03:45 AM
    So if it's not available this month, but "later this summer", this probably means around August. It's ridiculous how early they pre-announced this. It really should've been available at BlackBerry Live or at least shortly thereafter.

Not mention it's just going to be a bare bones IM client at first. BBM Video, screen share, and voice calling won't be available initially. "Coming soon" after initial release.

They should at least clarify the media with some screenshots. Every major tech site is using this photo (BBM from OS 7):
    http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-cont...ndroid-ios.png
    If they release it with some old school BBM functions...it will fail.

Yes you're right about the timing to, I don't understand why BlackBerry just don't give a date that's closer to announcement and stick to it.

The 'coming soon' motto should come with a hanging sentence.
    06-07-13 03:48 AM
    I don't think I'll download it on my Nexus. My Z10 is my daily driver and obviously I have BBM on that . My Nexus stays at home and acts like a tablet, so there really wouldn't be much point. I might download it and add my Z10 pin just to check it out and see how it acts when messaging the full fledged version, but that's about it.
    06-07-13 05:16 AM
    I will install it to give it a test run. And it will sit on my various devices for at least a few months to see how quickly it is adopted. If a significant portion of my former BBM contacts adopt/return-to it, then it will continue to remain on my devices. My predictions are optimistic, but still a bit wary (meaning, I think it may take a while for it to get into full swing).
    06-07-13 08:24 AM
    I'll ask my gf to install it on her iPhone, because it beats the he!! Out of regular texts!

Posted via CB10
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    06-07-13 08:53 AM
    I'll install it to try it out and for my old bb groups but as my only bb exclusive friend has finally gotten WhatsApp on her curve I won't really need it anymore. I hoped they would release it later in the year with all the features (paid or free) rather than bare bones ASAP. People may download it, think it's a crap stripped down version and never bother to reinstall it when major updates come which would further their opinion that bb isn't any good

Sent from my Jiayu G3S using Tapatalk 4 beta
    06-07-13 09:04 AM