I'm trying to sort a problem on my sons 9320 so please excuse me if I get the terminology wrong.

When BBM is selected, the first screen shows the following menu options

Recent Updates *
    System Messages (1)
    Contacts (286)
    BBM Groups (0)

My son tells me that there used to be a section here labelled Chat that contains the recent BBM chats but we can't get it to appear - have looked in the menus.

Can anyone give me any pointers or advise what additional information I need to post here.

Many Thanks
    03-26-13 05:30 PM
    I'm trying to sort a problem on my sons 9320 so please excuse me if I get the terminology wrong.

When BBM is selected, the first screen shows the following menu options

Recent Updates *
    System Messages (1)
    Contacts (286)
    BBM Groups (0)

My son tells me that there used to be a section here labelled Chat that contains the recent BBM chats but we can't get it to appear - have looked in the menus.

Can anyone give me any pointers or advise what additional information I need to post here.

Many Thanks
    I believe the Chat option you are speaking of does not show unless a chat is open. That means a chat is active with a contact. If you close out all your chats, then nothing will appear there, as far as I know. Has he tried to contact someone and checked to see if the CHAT option is back?
    03-26-13 05:54 PM
    He showed me that he send himself a message and the tiny BBM icon appeared on the main home screen. Scrolled to the message and it showed the thread. Returned to the main screen and of course there was no new message icon because we'd read it, then into BBM and the 'chat' menu which he swears should be there at this point is missing.

I'll take a look later on when I get home from work and ask him to strike a conversation with one of his bbm friends.

Could it be memory related? Can you purge BBM chats. He has loads of memory free on his memory card 1.2Gb and I think I remember seeing in the menu settings that the chat history is stored on the media card.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
    03-27-13 03:08 AM
    What happens when a new message is received and you got into BBM to read it, instead of going to the inbox?

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 07:09 AM
    There is an option in BBM to view the recent chat contents between you and another BBM contact, BUT...you have to turn that option on. Go into BBM, hit "menu" button, select "options", then enable "chat history" or something like that (don't have my phone in front of me). It'll ask you if you want to store the chats on the phone or somewhere else. Tell it where to store the chats, and you're done. Next time the "view chats" will apppear, and you can see previous chat contents.
    03-27-13 07:13 AM