I love BBM Channels. I started a channel some time ago and it's let me get the inner writer in me out (within 400 characters of course!) amongst what is, I have to say, a fantastic community.

In an even less invasive way than a simple personal PIN swap forum I've met so many people who subscribe to my channel, and others who have ended up at mine because other channel owners have pointed them in my direction, who are just really, really nice people.

As an example, tonight I am heavily engaged in something called a Channel Battle, run, unsurprisingly, by a channel called Channel Battle (the PIN is C00284CDE for anyone who is interested) who has come up with the great idea of putting channels head to head of a similar genre and similar subscriber numbers as a fun way of getting more subscribers for everyone.

The reason I mention this is that myself and my opponent in the battle have had a really good chat over BBM because of this and, although we both obviously want to win, we both agree that it's all a bit of fun. Indeed, I have already passed the details of another channel he runs to one of my subs who has subscribed, which is great!

My point is this, I don't think I've met a nasty person yet on BBM Channels. Is this a BB geek thing right now?

Is it because there's so few of us that actually know and care enough (I downloaded the Beta just to get it originally!) that it's a really nice place to be?

I note corporations as big as Disney have started a BBM Channel so they think it's worth it so it can't just be tiny tots.

And will the flip side of BBMX with all the iOS and Android users piling in, as much as it is needed, be a shedload of nastiness in an otherwise friendly place?

Oh, BTW, if you haven't checked out BBM Channels then I would highly recommend it.

Great stuff on there (won't mention any names but BB Mom C004C4BB2 is really great for any parent - whoops!)
    01-21-14 06:02 PM
    Love your channel BBB! Anyone who hasn't joined yet, should.

And cross platform channels will bring more diversity. Both good and bad. The community is amazing. Hopefully it only gets better when the "aliens" join :P

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    01-21-14 06:21 PM
    It will be interesting to see how things will change once channels goes cross platform. Some of the BlackBerry themed channels might take on some negativity. It will be interesting to see how the Crackberry channel will play out as the Channel has more positive comments than the actual website. Cross platform should be good for the smaller niche channels with a larger sub pool. If channels takes off after cross platform, I am sure we will see a lot more commercialized corporate channels.

Posted Via CB10 via Z10 via BB10
    01-21-14 07:52 PM
    Thanks for the Shoutout BTW )

BBM Channels - What Will Cross Platform Bring With It?-img_1390162793813.jpg

Undbiter65 likes this.
    01-21-14 07:53 PM
    Thanks for the Shoutout BTW )

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1390162793813.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	103.3 KB 
ID:	240577

That's your channel??? Great concept geoff!

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    01-21-14 09:08 PM
    looking forward to bbm channels but just have to wait until it hits android.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 09:20 PM