BBM Channels to exit beta soon, plus BBM Voice and Video calling coming to Android and iOS users 'within months' | MobileSyrup.com

"Making BBM a revenue generator is not new as the company was previously seeking individuals to start selling advertisers on using the service, specifically having sponsored posts and targeted ads within the BBM channels you subscribe to. CBC?s Andrea Bellemare stated during the interview that BlackBerry ?will launch BBM Channels soon.? Unfortunately there?s no specific timing of when BBM channels will exit beta."

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 10:39 AM
    All I can say is...

BBM Channels to exit BETS soon.-28133202.jpg

No, actually... Channels will give me the first real reason to get people to join BBM. I already told my peeps about it, but didn't bother pushing since I knew the I already have whatsappp argument would start and BBM for iOS/Android doens't have much to offer as it is (seriously - it's just Ds and Rs right now over whatsapp. Not everyone does groups).
    hf199 likes this.
    10-26-13 11:08 AM
    Channels will also give the initiative for business and others to advertise bbm for BlackBerry.

Have been using for a while i like it.

Posted via CB10
    Brandon Orr, neoberry99 and hf199 like this.
    10-27-13 08:16 AM
    Yes, BBM will help BlackBerry a lot.

It will also make BlackBerry much more well known, always having people look into a BlackBerry smartphone when it comes time to upgrade!!

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10 [BBM#6]
    10-27-13 09:14 AM
    The problem with the "months" is that there are 12 of them in a year...let's hope that months means 2 or 3. I have a number of iA (iOS & Android) BBM users who are looking for the rest of BBM to differentiate it from What's Up & Viber ect.

Posted via CB10
    nico2004 likes this.
    10-27-13 09:34 AM
    Hopefully they solve the no dark theme and channels issue.
    10-27-13 09:38 AM
    The current Channels vs has some pretty big bugs, hopefully they have 1 or 2 more releases B4 making it public. As a beta tester I understand having problems, if it wasn't in Beta though I would be very annoyed / upset

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 10:09 AM
    I'm really excited for bbm channel, can't wait

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 11:30 AM
    The current Channels vs has some pretty big bugs, hopefully they have 1 or 2 more releases B4 making it public. As a beta tester I understand having problems, if it wasn't in Beta though I would be very annoyed / upset

Posted via CB10
    They haven't updated the beta in over a month I think probably most of those bugs are fixed and they're maybe adding one or two surprise features. My friend works on the BBM Channels team and he doesn't give much away but said there's one new feature coming in the official release that he thinks a lot of people will really like. My money is on a built in GIF creator since they already have it in the BBM Channels manager. A stumble upon style feature for discovering new channels would be cool too IMO

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 11:41 AM
    All I can say is...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	28133202.jpg 
Views:	774 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	214517

No, actually... Channels will give me the first real reason to get people to join BBM. I already told my peeps about it, but didn't bother pushing since I knew the I already have whatsappp argument would start and BBM for iOS/Android doens't have much to offer as it is (seriously - it's just Ds and Rs right now over whatsapp. Not everyone does groups).
    Its speed and reliability too. Ive had too many delayed or non delivered messages on Whatsapp. And thats not good when my wife is wondering why Im not answering her messages!! ( and not in a shady way!!!)
    Last edited by jelp2; 10-27-13 at 01:18 PM. Reason: clarification :)
    10-27-13 01:16 PM
    They haven't updated the beta in over a month I think probably most of those bugs are fixed and they're maybe adding one or two surprise features. My friend works on the BBM Channels team and he doesn't give much away but said there's one new feature coming in the official release that he thinks a lot of people will really like. My money is on a built in GIF creator since they already have it in the BBM Channels manager. A stumble upon style feature for discovering new channels would be cool too IMO

Posted via CB10
    Yea last update was September 16th....Since then they have been focusing on improving the Channels Manager side....I still want at least one more beta B4 it's official. I don't want there to be any bugs when it's released because it will have a lot of critics looking at it. Let's not give them anything to complain about

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 01:53 PM
    Yes, BBM will help BlackBerry a lot.

It will also make BlackBerry much more well known, always having people look into a BlackBerry smartphone when it comes time to upgrade!!
    That may be true BUT it will also give people a reason to NOT look at BlackBerry. They can stay with one of the two platforms that right now have the more robust app environment and still get what is arguably BlackBerry's standout application. Time will tell but I think in terms of device adoption BBM, even with all the features enabled for cross platform, will essentially be a push.
    10-27-13 02:17 PM
    All I can say is...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	28133202.jpg 
Views:	774 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	214517

Why does everyone forget to mention the 'recent updates' feature, it helps a lot in starting conversation.

I find myself talking to my friends twice as much as I use to on whats app, I don't really know why but I think it's because of that updates tab.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 06:29 PM
    The problem with the "months" is that there are 12 of them in a year...let's hope that months means 2 or 3. I have a number of iA (iOS & Android) BBM users who are looking for the rest of BBM to differentiate it from What's Up & Viber ect.

Posted via CB10
    Don't you think BlackBerry needs to free BBM on androids and iphones from bugs first, make them amazing then move to BBM channels?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 06:32 PM
    Don't you think BlackBerry needs to free BBM on androids and iphones from bugs first, make them amazing then move to BBM channels?

Posted via CB10
    Doing both would be better.

Posted via CB10 on a Verizon Z10 running 10.2.0.1791
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    10-27-13 07:10 PM
  16. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Yeah..hope they hit a home Run with the release of Channels!!!

Make it so blackberry!!!

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    10-27-13 07:54 PM
    "Within months" = knowing BlackBerry's snail pace most likely around February/March 2014 when BBM usage will subside.
    10-29-13 03:39 AM
    Hopefully blackberry realizes the opportunity here and really pushes channels, video and voice. I think all of their focus should be on that. If they roll it out ( sooner than they are suggesting) and there are no major issues it nay be a winner.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 07:46 AM