I'm of the belief that the masses won't just download and use Bbm just to "chat", because whatsapp pretty much fills that basic functionality well enough for the average user and if blackberry introduces cross-platform video for BBM I don't think that will be enough simply because of the generation we're in, where gimmicks are primary and productivity is secondary.

*BBM channels has so much potential, and I'm beginning to wonder if blackberry realizes this, maybe they do, but don't have the resources to push it properly, but seeing as how the ground work is there, I believe Bbm channels can rival twitter and instagram if blackberry would just work on it, you know, basically implement all the functionality of twitter and instagram on top of what they have already like video, carousel photos in a single post etc. , in a word, just improve the functionality, because as long as that's in place, it doesn't matter how the market it, as gimmicks are fine as long the stuff works, which seems to be the bane of blackberry as of late, their stuff just doesn't work.*

Channels to me, just seems like *a much easier sell than bbm, in this day and age

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 11:41 AM
    Channels has been barely touched since it initially launched. It's no 'savior'... and at this point, it doesn't even seem high on BlackBerry's care list. It has potential, but they're ignoring it for now it seems.
    03-09-15 11:51 AM
    Its a savior for spam; when property gets neglected, the squatters move in.
    03-09-15 11:56 AM
    Channels has been barely touched since it initially launched. It's no 'savior'... and at this point, it doesn't even seem high on BlackBerry's care list. It has potential, but they're ignoring it for now it seems.
    I agree it's not high on blackberrys care list, and that they've pretty much been ignoring it. But to me it just seems like what they are doing now with bbm, with stickers and whatnot, can't propel bbm, it's just stagnant. Bbm shouldn't even need stickers, as the emoticons in bbm are far better than the ones in whatsapp, but that's another story.
    I just think it's a saviour in terms of a bigger incentive for the average person to be an active user of bbm, as opposed to what they're doing now.

Speculation time: blackberry must have had some grand scheme vision for channels at conception, like a celebrity endorsement with Alicia Keys or something, but the shift to enterprise by Chen etc. Nipped it in the bud.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 12:42 PM
    BBM Channel is quite good actually. It's not fully there yet but it's got a lot of potential. I still use it more then Flipboard and twitter. I think for users with BlackBerry phones, Channels should run as a separate app and pre-installed into BB10 OS. Easier access imo.
    03-09-15 05:21 PM