Well I hope they can figure it out how to make it popular

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 04:58 AM
    Hope does spring eternal.

Via CB10. Bits, C000C6078 for links to science and technology posts and world news.
    10-27-13 05:00 AM
    It's more like Facebook. But it can be a instagram like app. It needs to be more integrated with Bbm

Posted from the most powerful smartphone,z10
    10-27-13 09:31 AM
    I've had Channels loaded since it became available. Have to admit I didn't see the point at first. Now as my BBM user list grows larger and I see status updates rolled into the channel feed I'm starting to see the potential.

It is a bit like Facebook. A little less user friendly so far. It has the potential to become addictive if the right channels start appearing.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt and Arny cua like this.
    10-27-13 10:13 AM
    I'm with you. Have it since it became available, made my own channel. Didn't see much point at first, but now I live it. Just need it released to the world asap!!!
    ...and probably won't be for Apple or Android yet.
    Posted via CB10
    Arny cua likes this.
    10-27-13 10:16 AM
    If you could share bb channel posts to other social networks alla instagram, that would go a long way.
    wincyUt likes this.
    10-27-13 10:17 AM
    I like Channels. It's sorta like a Facebook/Twitter/Instagram mash up. But in order to succeed, a few things will need to happen.

BlackBerry must convince people to use or at least give BBM a shot. It must be fully multi-platform...yes that includes Windows Phone. Instagram has to annoy enough users with the advertising that's suppose to be coming soon that people will want to try something else (not sure what BlackBerry's plans for monetization would be).

I was always of the opinion they should've launched BBMx full featured. Having Channels, along with things like voice calling, video chat and screen share would instantly set it apart from the WhatsApps of the world. People download it, but the question I always get after is how it's different. And aside from using a PIN system and some of the benefits it brings, what really is there to say.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 10:53 AM
    I enjoy the channels too. Not sure if its the new instagram but its still great.
    10-27-13 10:59 AM
    I say BB should release the added features to BBM slowly. Make people want more and demand more and then give it to them. BB is adding large numbers of BBM users world wide.

An example of that is my daughter (Q5); she only had me as a BBM contact, as of yesterday she has 8 and that number is growing daily as word gets out.

The word is getting out and the kids are liking what they see. Give them voice and video in a little while, then channels and whatever BB has to offer. Hook, line and sinker! I see it happening already.
    10-27-13 11:11 AM
    Bbm channel is outstanding. Can't wait to have it on all my friends bbm.

Hope they release a stand alone bbm channel like twitter app but called bbm channel app. And have it easily add home icon for each channels.
    And also add timeline on web version.

Then, bbm channel is perfect.
    Arny cua likes this.
    10-27-13 11:29 AM
    Bbm channel is outstanding. Can't wait to have it on all my friends bbm.

Hope they release a stand alone bbm channel like twitter app but called bbm channel app. And have it easily add home icon for each channels.
    And also add timeline on web version.

Then, bbm channel is perfect.
    BBM Channels a stand alone app? Never! I love the way it's integrated. I just can't wait for to get into the hands of everyone, so I can start using it fully. Because write nw only very few of my friends are on it

From Zuri my Z10.
    10-27-13 11:53 AM
    How do I use channels in the Z30?
    Or is it not available yet?

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    10-27-13 12:32 PM
    How do I use channels in the Z30?
    Or is it not available yet?

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    Download the BlackBerry Beta Zone app from BlackBerry World

From Zuri my Z10.
    10-27-13 12:53 PM