Hi all,

I need some help.

I lost my BB9860 that was running on OS 7.1, then i did a secutity wipe on the blackberry protect website.

I found the phone later the same day, but when i logged into BBM using my BBID none of my contacts wrere there. They all dissapeard. Note i was using OS 7 when the phone was lost and wiped.

Please help
    01-29-13 08:46 PM
    The only thing I can think of is MAYBE a different version of BBM...but it SHOULD still transfer over...have you tried a restore from your BlackBerry Protect account? If you had your BBM contacts tied to your contacts in your address book it MIGHT pull them in that way...but that is just a stretch...maybe try a restart...updated BBM, or BB Protect, maybe even the OS if need be...hope that helps some.
    01-29-13 09:03 PM
    Im using the same BBM 7. I also restored from my BB Protect account, but that does not back up the bbm contacts. I will try to update the os
    01-29-13 09:09 PM
    I think on OS7, BBM contacts aren't saved with BlackBerry Protect. You have to save them onto your SD card. If you didn't make a backup onto SD then I don't know what you can do now.
    01-29-13 09:32 PM
    same thing happened to me... the solution I "found" was going back to bbm 6.2 and restore the backup file I made in NOVEMBER... lost over 500 contacts,... but well, better than nothing...

Still don't know how that happened... I mean, the purpose of the BB ID is exactly that, to not lose your contacts...
    01-29-13 09:34 PM
    Once the new bbm7 came out either through dm or protect you could not backup your bbm contacts. Only through your bbid you could.

I was scared the other day when I wiped and loaded bbm and couldn't load them after freshly loading up a bbm update through appworld. Then after that there was another update and thet brought me to the latest and it synced.

Sent from my game boy color
    01-29-13 11:01 PM