I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this but I'll take a shot.

I was recently invited to join a BBM group and after I joined and synced my 9700 I received an message that my default calendar has changed to groups. This has actually happened twice and if I say YES to the message all my calendar entries get duplicated.

When I go to calendar options I only see Groups under calendar.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this and prevent is from happening?

Never mind. Looks like it is a problem that RIM is working on.

BlackBerry Technical Solution Center
    Last edited by TheBronx; 12-30-09 at 07:58 PM.
    12-30-09 11:51 AM
    +1
    anyone?
    01-11-10 03:33 PM
    any resolution to this issue?
    04-05-10 04:57 AM
    Hi check this. Its works fine for me with the same problem

Purple.noodles 04:26 AM 04-22-2010 -- [Reply] [!!]

Dear Everyone,

This is how you make sure that Your BBM group will not be your default calendar for making appointments on your calendar, and so that you can actually use your gmail account address to sync to google calendar:

Click on the group on your BBM. It will open the list of Group Activities. One of the group activities is 'Calendar.' if you scroll down to the calendar and select it, the next list will say
    New Shared Appointment
    View Group's Calendar
    view all calendars

If you press the menu/bberry key when 'new shared appointment' is selected, you can then select 'group calendar options.'
    If you change the Initial view to 'Agenda' instead of 'Default,' you will no longer have you BBM group as the default calendar when making appointments, and you should be able now to use your email calendar to make appointments and then sync them to Google Calendar.

Hope this helps. I am just relieved my Google Sync is finally working in both directions!

PS I have a Bold 9000, OS 5.0

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 10:06 PM
    I don't have any groups in BBM, yet the Groups Calendar changes appointment in my calendar from Google to Groups. Sometime it duplicates the entire Google calendar within Groups. My solution was to delete BBM. I'll add in back in when they fix it.
    04-30-10 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD