So I'm in college, and it's pretty hard to get people to like something that is different. So when BBM went cross platform I knew it wouldn't benefit me much because I knew none of my friends would use it. So for the most part we just kept to our usual method of just having a group sms. Well it was terrible and just was a mess trying to get the message out to everyone. So finally today I got everyone to try be through a series of persuasive techniques. So ever since I got everyone on it has been NON STOP chatter between us. It's been going on for a good 12-15 hrs of just talking to each other. They have been using emoticons, channels, and the ever so useful picture sharing method. I love it and I like what BBM has become. However there has been a few things that I think could be implemented to make it better.

1. Some sort of like mechanism in the chat. I think if a like option like Face book's would be great. I think it should show who liked. It's simple but it would decrease the amount of unnecessary messages that are sent.

2. Some sort of function that turns off the notifications of the chat but does not take you out of the chat. I think that this is important because there were times when I was in class or a meeting and kept receiving notifications, making my pocket uncomfortable.

3. A way to exclude people in the group from a particular chat. While try to have a conversation about a project with group members, our messages while, in a different thread, were being received by everyone in the group. This was annoying to the people who cared nothing for it.

I hope I'm not beating a dead horse here, but I just think these should be put in the next update. I hope I'm not late. I have a new respect for BBM, and I see the many capabilities of it.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 11:37 PM
    All good ideas, where are you from? Canada, USA.... I find it hard to get people on BBM besides the people on BlackBerries. A couple friends on iOS had to delete it because it slowed their phone down so much.

Zed30
    04-09-14 11:52 PM
    Submit ideas to BlackBerry beta zone dude.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-10-14 12:19 AM
    All good ideas, where are you from? Canada, USA.... I find it hard to get people on BBM besides the people on BlackBerries. A couple friends on iOS had to delete it because it slowed their phone down so much.

Zed30
    I'm in the USA

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 08:50 AM
    Submit ideas to BlackBerry beta zone dude.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    I did already

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-10-14 09:47 AM
    Is there a way to delete bbm in reinstall it in a z30?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 11:40 AM
    Is there a way to delete bbm in reinstall it in a z30?

Posted via CB10
    what are you looking for with that? BBm is part of the OS can not be unisntalled.
    When you setup the Z 30. Putting your BBM ID will bring back everything you had....I hope I am clear with my explanation
    04-10-14 11:48 AM
    what are you looking for with that? BBm is part of the OS can not be deleted
    In my settings, notifications, then when I go to the bottom and go into applications, select bbm groups, not all of my groups are in there, so I can't change the notification settings for them.

Also my instant previews, no matter what I do, will not work for bbm only, everything else works perfect.

I figured maybe deleting and reinstalling bbm could fix these issues.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 11:57 AM
    In my settings, notifications, then when I go to the bottom and go into applications, select bbm groups, not all of my groups are in there, so I can't change the notification settings for them.

Also my instant previews, no matter what I do, will not work for bbm only, everything else works perfect.

I figured maybe deleting and reinstalling bbm could fix these issues.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry can't help you there I am not in a group so I can't see. Have you tried a soft reset?
    04-10-14 12:07 PM
    Sorry can't help you there I am not in a group so I can't see. Have you tried a soft reset?
    Tried that but unfortunately it didn't work

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 12:16 PM
    have you look into Z 30 forum? through search..might have a better chance there to find an answer
    04-10-14 12:20 PM