Hi all -

I did an OS upgrade & evidently I didn't back up my BBIM contacts. Now I'm SMS messaging with a contact who is telling me that on her BBIM list, my number is showing up with a red line thru it.

Anyone else have this happen before??

Unfortunately I don't have all these contacts' PINs or I could perhaps re-request the connection. Not sure what to do here.

To CB People I chat with on BBIM:
    If you're one of my old contacts, I'm sorry I lost ya. Send me a PM and we can re-connect.
    06-06-09 05:50 PM
    well i have never had that prob not sure what to tell ya, it could also be her bb or playing a joke get her to download capture it and send u the image..

also when u updated the os it makes a backup in a ipd file format if u still have that go here

Free download ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor, parse, convert, backup and archive IPD files to CHM, PDF, HTML, Word, Access, Excel, CSV, IPD Extractor

download that it will load u load the ipb and get the blackberrry messenger pin's/contacts u had before so u can add them again other then that sorry and someone else may be able to tell u whats goin on with your bb or hers with the red line
    06-06-09 05:59 PM
    well i have never had that prob not sure what to tell ya, it could also be her bb or playing a joke get her to download capture it and send u the image..

also when u updated the os it makes a backup in a ipd file format if u still have that go here

Free download ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor, parse, convert, backup and archive IPD files to CHM, PDF, HTML, Word, Access, Excel, CSV, IPD Extractor

download that it will load u load the ipb and get the blackberrry messenger pin's/contacts u had before so u can add them again other then that sorry and someone else may be able to tell u whats goin on with your bb or hers with the red line
    Hmm. Okay.

Well, I'm not finding the ipb file anywhere...but thanks for the tip. Will keep looking.
    06-06-09 06:11 PM
    The .ipd files are in "My Documents." That's where your backups go by default.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-09 07:33 PM
    The .ipd files are in "My Documents." That's where your backups go by default.

I don't see it in there. I think it's possible I did a shyte job of backing up my BB.
    06-06-09 08:19 PM
    I don't see it in there. I think it's possible I did a shyte job of backing up my BB.
    But if you've actually backed it up before (successfully) then the file is in your computer if you hadn't manually deleted it.

Now when you update your OS there's an automatic backup that goes in there. Such as LoaderBackup xx.xx.2009.ipd

Or if your own backup it's Backup xx.xx.2009.ipd

By default they save under "My Documents" and if you're not finding them there then maybe you haven't done a backup then.
    06-06-09 08:23 PM
    Hi Everyone

I figured I'd say hello since I'm new here.

Stacey
    08-14-09 08:24 PM
    Hi Everyone

I figured I'd say hello since I'm new here.

Stacey
    Heya & welcome. CB is a great place to learn and there are tons of great people here. Have fun!
    08-14-09 09:34 PM
    Just search your comp for anything ending in a .ipd extension. If it's there you'll find it.

08-14-09 11:47 PM
    Wow. Alright then. To OP, are you using BBM 5? If so, did you enable wireless backup and/or backup on device?

01-05-10 07:27 AM
    Wow. Alright then. To OP, are you using BBM 5? If so, did you enable wireless backup and/or backup on device?

Dood, this is a very old thread and I'm not sure why it's even still open. I'm on a new BB and on a 5.0 OS now...not having this problem anymore. And thanks to CB, I'm now doing my backups properly and do not anticipate having any problems like the above in the future.
    01-05-10 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD