Hey everybody !!
    Based in India, Nokia & Blackberry used 2 b synonymous with mobile phones for me, this was in the early years of the millennium.
    With iOS & Android flooding the market in d last few years, bb & nokia devices have become a bit uncommon.
    All my college life i hav used a nokia, with an unspoken understanding of bb being the natural upgrade, on joining office.
    But unfortunately that was not to be, coz of the app gap.
    I still want 2 hav a bb10 anyway.
    At the same time, i also have been following nokia. The N9 MeeGo Os team, has come up with a beefed up version of the Os, they hav named it Sailfish Os. Now this Os also faces the app gap, when compared to Android.
    To counter this app gap, the SFOS community developers hav come up with an app called SfDroid. The Sfdroid app makes it possible to run Android in a window (and use its apps), while one can use all the features of the Sfos outside the Sfdroid window.
    Can this kind of a thing be done for bb10, say a 'BBDroid', specially the developers, what are your thoughts?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-11-16 04:55 AM
    Is this similar to the Android run time that currently allows us to use Android apps?

Posted via CB10
    08-11-16 06:15 AM
    I am not familiar with Android runtime on bb, i assume it lets u install Android apps directly on the bb10 device.
    Sfdroid is like an app in itself that runs the full Android Os & one can install & use Android apps within the Sfdroid.

08-11-16 06:33 AM
    Can this kind of a thing be done for bb10, say a 'BBDroid', specially the developers, what are your thoughts?
    No.

On Sailfish, they are allowing users to effectively install an Android Runtime on the phone after the sale (the phone doesn't ship with it in place). This is potentially a huge security hole that could be exploited to do many bad things, which is why BB, who has always been focused on security, would only allow something with such significant impact to the device be installed by BB themselves. But for that reason, BB has to follow Google's rules, which then prevent BB from installing GMS (Google Mobile Services) and the Play Store. If they could have done that, they'd have done it years ago.

At this point, it doesn't matter - BB10 is dead. Even their "support" of releasing relatively limited security updates is more than 6 months behind schedule, because it's that low of a priority for BB.
    blackmass and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    08-11-16 09:39 AM
    Thats sad.

08-11-16 09:54 AM
    Is this similar to the Android run time that currently allows us to use Android apps?

Posted via CB10
    Here is another vid for SfDroid.
    It has been ported 2 Oneplus 1.

08-16-16 03:37 PM