01-11-10 09:24 PM
31 12
tools
    BBC has just started broadcasting BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Three, BBC Four, BBC News, CBBC and CBeeBies TV channels, plus BBC Radio 1 ~ 7 online to mobile phones earlier today. I have tested it on my BlackBerry Bold. It WORKS! Other phones that's supported include Nokia N96 and Nokia 5800. Strangely N95 isn't supported. It is Wifi only (will work on 3G in the future, according to CNET UK) and UK only.

The links: BBC Mobile Live TV, BBC Mobile Live Radio
    Last edited by blackcoffeenosugar; 04-03-09 at 11:28 AM.
    04-03-09 09:19 AM
    Good info for our UK brothers! I transfered the info to Berry365
    04-03-09 02:43 PM
    Now if BBC america will let us get their programs state side on our BlackBerries
    04-03-09 02:46 PM
    top news! was not aware till this post. just tried both tv and radio and only about 10seconds behind on both.
    04-04-09 12:35 PM
    i hope we get something like this (if not this exact thing!) soon in the states! i love BBC, having it on my storm would be heaven!
    04-04-09 12:52 PM
    Gutted it doesn't work with the 8900, I wonder why??
    04-04-09 08:46 PM
    Awesome!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 12:36 PM
    [QUOTE=blackcoffeenosugar;2169926]BBC has just started broadcasting BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Three, BBC Four, BBC News, CBBC and CBeeBies TV channels, plus BBC Radio 1 ~ 7 online to mobile phones earlier today. I have tested it on my BlackBerry Bold. It WORKS! Other phones that's supported include Nokia N96 and Nokia 5800. Strangely N95 isn't supported. It is Wifi only (will work on 3G in the future, according to CNET UK) and UK only.

Really easy to get this link up but maybe i am missing something as i cannot get any "live" radio or tv on my bold - get listings/can customise etc but nothing else? any ideas?
    04-05-09 02:01 PM
    Doesnt work on my 8900- device not supported error message
    04-06-09 02:21 PM
    doesnt work on my bold either!! have to use the tv infront of me instead!

shame! hope it gets fixed!

radio would be good!
    04-06-09 06:59 PM
    oh ive got it to work!!!

change your browser to the blackberry browser and not firefox or internet explorer!!!

beautiful!

license fee going to good use
    04-06-09 07:04 PM
    Ever since I got my bold I've never been able to stream media. My wi-fi is fine, browser set to BlackBerry but all I get is the black media player screen with a green "Loading..." tag In the top right forever. Bbc doesn't work for me too. Any ideas? :-( I think coupled with the fact I've never had calendar notifications working maybe i should update my OS but O2UK hasn't released an update for the Bold. Booo!

04-10-09 04:17 AM
    Doesn't work on the Storm either. I wasn't too surprised at this stage.
    05-24-09 05:08 PM
    Well,when will it open to China...

05-24-09 10:27 PM
    Thanks, Verizon. No WiFi.
    05-25-09 06:06 PM
    Thanks for posting about this, it runs on my Bold really well
    05-26-09 12:30 PM
    My friend has a BOLD and it works fine. Doesn't work on my 8900. I keep getting the message: "sorry this service is not available outside of the UK". I am in the UK?!?!?!? Anyone have any ideas??
    05-29-09 12:25 PM
    Check that you are on WiFi with your browser set to Hotspot.

If the problem persists the BBC site has misidentified your wifi (DSL or cable) IP address as being hosted outside UK. This might also be a problem if you are connecting through an anonymous proxy server located overseas.
    05-29-09 12:45 PM
    Check that you are on WiFi with your browser set to Hotspot.

If the problem persists the BBC site has misidentified your wifi (DSL or cable) IP address as being hosted outside UK. This might also be a problem if you are connecting through an anonymous proxy server located overseas.

Thanks, I tried that and I still have the same message. Sky broadband is my ISP, I'm assuming it's located in the UK. Are there any changes I need to make to my broadband? Or is it a case of contacting the BBC directly?
    05-29-09 12:54 PM
    Doesnt work on my 8900

BB browser is set to hotspot browser & Blackberry browser but all I get is the "your device doesnt support this service" message.

Bolt browser has Wi-Fi checked but i get "sorry, programmes cannot be watched outside the UK"
    06-08-09 10:36 AM
    anyone else having trouble with this. it worked for the first few months but now i get the above message about being outside UK. BBC says a known issue with blackberrys but has anyone found a solution?
    07-22-09 06:31 PM
    It tells me programmes can not be viewed outside the uk..

07-22-09 08:45 PM
    without wanting to sound obvious , if your on AT&T that is probably correct, you are outside the UK! But for most of us who want to use it we are inside the UK!
    07-23-09 02:26 AM
    I asked the BBC and their reply is:

Dear BlackBerry user,

You recently contacted BBC Mobile with a query about accessing our video clips and/or Live TV service - you were getting a "not in the UK" error message when in fact you were in the UK.

This was preventing you from viewing our content and was a result of the way that BlackBerry handsets' data connections may be configured or potentially routed via overseas servers.

BBC Mobile has now launched three shortcut applications - Mobile homepage, News and Sport - which should help resolve some of the issues BBC users have been experiencing regarding establishing UK-originated data connections to BBC Mobile services.

They are available by browsing directly to:

[link removed]

on your BlackBerry handset or by clicking on the "Download BBC Mobile Quick Links" link at the bottom of the mobile homepage, News and Sport pages.

Please note that the BBC BlackBerry Shortcut applications are designed for BlackBerry devices running Operating System 4.2 or higher. We can't make them available for earlier Operating Systems. To find out what operating system your device uses, please consult your user manual or check with your network operator.

Full help for these shortcuts is available from:

[link removed]

If these shortcuts don't resolve the problem for you, you need to contact your mobile phone network operator for help configuring the data connection on your handset or contact BlackBerry direct.

Regards,

BBC Mobile
    [link removed]

Sadly for the bbc, this is clearly a standard reply which didn't answer my question. I had successfully used the service for some months on my BB Bold and it stopped working. It appears that they have changed something which now means it doesn't work for most of their target audience. Clever?

They also managed to provide information about an irrelevant service which provides little added value and certainly doesn't provide anything related to the live TV service. Shame, more wasted licence fees?
    08-23-09 01:15 PM
    everytime i try to watch it it says programmes cant be watched outside the uk which is weird as i live in the uk and its saying i dont!
    09-28-09 06:28 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD