Just Tweeted

@BlackBerry
    Research In Motion
    Welcome to round 1 of #BB7FanNight! Win a NEW #BB7 #smartphone + an invite to the #Toronto Fan Night on 8/3! How? Well�
    @BlackBerry
    Research In Motion
    Be creative! Tweet 7 words about how #BlackBerry helps u on the go or makes u more social. (Include #BB7FanNight) http://bbry.lv/FNBB7 ^CH
    So if you don't have a passport and don't live in Canada, your out for the contest.
    07-26-11 02:13 PM
    Also, it just looks like they are doing this contest to have winners attend the "Fan Night" and announcements will be made there which looks to end all 7/28 rumors.
    07-26-11 02:14 PM
    Also, it just looks like they are doing this contest to have winners attend the "Fan Night" and announcements will be made there which looks to end all 7/28 rumors.
    Or does it??

Enter #BB7FanNight 'til 5pm EDT on 7/28! Winners get a new #BB7 device & an invite 4 u + 2 to #Toronto Fan Night! ^CH
    Does this mean the winners get a new BB7 device on 7/28? It sure is an odd time to end a contest? Wouldn't it be more conventional ending it on a Friday or something? Hmm....

EDIT: Nevermind. After reading into the ToA:
    one (1) BlackBerry� OS 7 smartphone device to be selected at the Event by the Winner and shipped to the Winner once available for sale in Canada;
    Last edited by 01itr; 07-26-11 at 02:32 PM.
    07-26-11 02:28 PM
    The trip to Toronto is nice, but I'm much more interested in winning the new device .
    07-26-11 03:32 PM
    Just Tweeted

So if you don't have a passport and don't live in Canada, your out for the contest.
    OR, If you do not have a Twitter account you are also excluded from the contest.
    07-26-11 04:04 PM
    The trip to Toronto is nice, but I'm much more interested in winning the new device .
    If the party is at Joe Badali's or at Casa Loma then I might just need to get a twitter account.
    07-26-11 04:08 PM
    Someone else posted that they don't fly you there...

If you win you need to fly yourself there but you get tickets to the event.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-11 05:14 PM
    I am in Kansas this week!! I live 2h from Toronto if I win I'm going to have to send someone in my place to pick out my device !! haha
    07-26-11 05:34 PM
    Everything seems to be adding up to a mid-August release for the Bold 9900/9930 and maybe others as well if all the devices get announced at the Fan Night on the 3rd.
    07-27-11 08:07 AM
    So I have a phone that's built for e-mail, I'm signed up with RIM to get info, and I rarely get e-mail from them, and now I have to be a Twit to get info or get a chance to win?!? Who'd they hand over the marketing too some tweens?
    07-27-11 08:48 AM
    So I have a phone that's built for e-mail, I'm signed up with RIM to get info, and I rarely get e-mail from them, and now I have to be a Twit to get info or get a chance to win?!? Who'd they hand over the marketing too some tweens?

Get on Twitter, it's the best news aggregator out there. If you think only tweens are on Twitter, you're a bit behind the times unfortunately.

News and promotions spread alot faster on Twitter and Facebook, it's smart marketing actually, and most everyone is doing it.
    07-27-11 10:02 AM
    Get on Twitter, it's the best news aggregator out there. If you think only tweens are on Twitter, you're a bit behind the times unfortunately.

News and promotions spread alot faster on Twitter and Facebook, it's smart marketing actually, and most everyone is doing it.
    Thats not what his point was. His point was that he is registered with the company to get info yet the only way they are sending out info is with twitter.

And dont feel bad lnichols - I dont do twitter or facebook.
    07-27-11 12:23 PM
    Sweet! I'll be in Toronto that week on vacation!

Where exactly in Toronto is #BB7FanNight going to be? Do participants/winners
    need to go to a specific location, or do they just need to be in Toronto?
    07-27-11 12:53 PM
    I have Facebook, but not twitter. The idea of having to "follow" people/businesses, and then have to get bombarded with everything that they feel like sharing just sounds ridiculous. I mean I know it's popular but that doesn't make it great, just another way to get spammed. And RIM is using phrases like "get the Deets"?!? If that's the new lingo then I have this message for RIM:

"Get da damn phones out!"

Also people/businesses posting whatever on twitter is considered "news aggregation"?

I may setup an account and look into it, but how about RIM use e-mail since they are known for it to communicate with the users, or BBM.
    07-27-11 01:05 PM
    I have Facebook, but not twitter. The idea of having to "follow" people/businesses, and then have to get bombarded with everything that they feel like sharing just sounds ridiculous. I mean I know it's popular but that doesn't make it great, just another way to get spammed. And RIM is using phrases like "get the Deets"?!? If that's the new lingo then I have this message for RIM:

"Get da damn phones out!"

Also people/businesses posting whatever on twitter is considered "news aggregation"?

I may setup an account and look into it, but how about RIM use e-mail since they are known for it to communicate with the users, or BBM.
    BBM would be a great idea I think... I don't know why they haven't thought of this
    07-27-11 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD