I cannot take this anymore!! I can't!!

You'd think that with 93% of the market for text input, and voice input/output controlled by Nuance Communications Inc - since they bought out Pi Communications (a Canadian co., btw) that RIM would have better Voice Dialing?!

Before ANY new device should debut, before RIM try to tackle the mindless mob that is the press and users defected to other platforms due to "RIM's aging handset OS" ... RIM should try to license or make its own Voice Dialing, Voice Command a **** of a LOT better?! NO??! NOW!!! Please!!

RIM hasn't made a stereo headset with Play/FWD/RWD/Volume/FFWD/FRWD controls in almost 2 years - yet they try to market their handsets, even make one with these controls on the top of the unit, yet voice controlling music is lame. Seriously LAME!
    05-01-11 01:50 PM
    Just so others think this current situation is ok ... I've done some heavy research in this particular area.

RIM – Voice Recognition, Dialling, Control & Command – Improvements Desperately Required! � Serious Mobile

yes that is my humble blog above - would appreciate your thoughts in this matter and if you have time read over the excerpts of this on my blog and post here, please (positive or negative; both is good for thought). Here is more community based and hoping this can provoke RIM to advance in this area.
    05-01-11 02:14 PM
    I don't have trouble with voice dialing, even on my POS Storm. Perhaps it's your voice or pronunciation. seriously--it works fine here.
    05-01-11 06:52 PM
    I have no problems either... works about 90% of the time and I am quite happy with it... though admittedly I don't have much to compare it to.
    05-01-11 07:14 PM
    Sorry guys if I wasn't clear or if nobody went to actually read my article.

My voice is fine, I'm born Canadian and English is my first language.

I'm not complaining about whether or not voice dialing works; I'm stating its really OLD and needs to be advanced.

"Call Nicole"
    [Work or Mobile]
    "Mobile"
    [Calling Nicole, Mobile]
    Sufficient yes,

yet "Call Nicole, Mobile" does NOT always work. Where is the noise cancellation microphone on our BB's? yes if its raining outside we need it. Not all of us drive cars.

1. Now try playing a playlist? (I'm waiting).
    2. Now try creating a voice to text SMS?
    3. or reading an SMS to voice playback - NATIVELY non of the above works (the first hardly useable.)

Try saying "Time" or "Date & Time" - BB has no clue what you're talking about ... you MUST state what is pre-programmed; and no variance.

Do you guys see what I mean now?
    05-01-11 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD