Hey, this thread is getting off topic.
    05-07-13 12:00 PM
    Fox News tech webstie article with 10 must have apps.
    10 must-have smartphone apps | Fox News

Pretty much all available to BB1O users except Skype...

Google Chrome is not needed with the awesome browser in BB10
    Google Maps....bb maps does just fine and plenty of 3rd party map apps to choose from
    Facebook and Youtube are present (not sure why twitter was not listed)
    Onavo extend...never heard of it...not sure I would trust them without more details
    Kindle is present
    Skype....needed for those who use it...
    Carbonite Mobile...not available but plenty of mobile/cloud back-ups available
    Angry Birds Star Wars & a flashlight app both available

BB10 does pretty awesome for being less than 6 months on the market...
    What ignoramus writer came up with this bunk list???????? Gee, I hate calling people names, but what else can I do when she puts a flashlight app as one of her "10 must have apps"?

Out of the 10 on that crazy list, the only one for me that is a "must have" is Facebook. I do use Google Maps and Kindle occasionally, and I'm glad that I have them, but I don't use them consistently enough to say that I must have them.

Everyone uses different apps, of course, but that writer made some quite lame selections!!!

Last edited by Denise in Los Angeles; 05-07-13 at 12:11 PM. Reason: he is a she... still never heard of her!
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    05-07-13 12:07 PM
    Bloomberg, Spotify and Shazam are missing big time to me....
    05-07-13 12:50 PM
    What ignoramus writer came up with this bunk list???????? Gee, I hate calling people names, but what else can I do when she puts a flashlight app as one of her "10 must have apps"?

Out of the 10 on that crazy list, the only one for me that is a "must have" is Facebook. I do use Google Maps and Kindle occasionally, and I'm glad that I have them, but I don't use them consistently enough to say that I must have them.

Everyone uses different apps, of course, but that writer made some quite lame selections!!!

Agreed. I've never really understood the purpose of a flashlight app anyway. Launch the camera app, tap to toggle to video shooting and boom, you have a flashlight.

ANY "top app" list doesn't do anyone else much good if they don't have the same needs.
    05-07-13 01:25 PM
54 123