Can't wait till the FULL OPEN SOURCE nature of BB10 take full flight.

I think this analogy sums it up. Like a bank account. RIM opened up depositories for open source code. In its infancy small deposits are being made. Like a bank account these depositories "compound exponentially ". Eventually the pool will grow to an abundant state for devs including devs internal to RIM to draw from. A sophisticated app that takes 1 months to create from scratch can be created in mere days on the BB10 platform.

In short order we'll have a vast diverse pool for devs to pull some amazing code from.

We've heard it all before. QNX supports rapid development. I've commented on the "rapid" nature many months ago for many forumers to shut it down as a mere catch phrase.

The above analogy was just a mere facet to the gem of what rapid development means for the platform. We see this now with the shock developers find when just how fast and easy it is to port a foreign app to the platform, such as premiere games etc.

This rapid nature should allow RIM's internal development teams to eclipse the pace at which all other platforms are developed. Those little green men might be fast, however theirs a cheetah catching up to them in the form of BB10 development as it "compounds exponentially"

What excites me is just how quickly BB10 will evolve when QNX takes advantage of its own "nature" .Expect great things. I am

Feel free to share another facet as to how BB10 being FULL OPEN SOURCE will become mighty

Something about devs beings able to write API extensions and share them with other devs makes me giddy
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-08-12 04:53 PM
    Yes there was an editorial on similar lines where the author Kevin Cheung explained this in details. So basically, devs could pile an app on an app on an app on an app with the eventual goal of creating The Matrix.

BlackBerry 10's Invocation Framework: ingenuity at work | CrackBerry.com
    10-08-12 05:01 PM
    Yes there was an editorial on similar lines where the author Kevin Cheung explained this in details. So basically, devs could pile an app on an app on an app on an app with the eventual goal of creating The Matrix.

BlackBerry 10's Invocation Framework: ingenuity at work | CrackBerry.com
    I love it
    10-08-12 05:03 PM
    Another example would be a desktop program that is near impossible to function on BB10. A Dev is directed to a depository another dev submitted with ALL the required code to make this possible. Not only this..........The impossible is made possible in a day We'll see this unfold, however it might not be until next year
    10-08-12 05:06 PM
    Relevant

mithrazor likes this.
    10-08-12 05:43 PM