Thorsten said "and today is actually not the finish line. It's the starting line." and "to true mobile computing. But what does that mean? We will soon give you more ways to connect your mobile experiences and yourself not just to other people but to the whole world around you. You will be in the middle of your personal internet of things. [...] And this is what being connected will mean in the future. [...] to extend you and your information beyond the mobile device [...] or where ever you are. This is the promise of the BlackBerry 10 platform".

With their current game plan of device and software release where does this fit? What do these quotes, in context, mean to you?
    01-31-13 11:59 AM
    It means now they actually have something new to sell. Nothing more.
    Their work isn't done with the launch, it is beginning.
    That's what Thorsten (not Thor) said. Not one person there referred to him as Thor.
    01-31-13 12:03 PM
    It just means their done building the base of the platform and now can explore different verticals. It will also know be a lot easier for them to add in features to the platform.
    01-31-13 12:14 PM
    Is much more than only smartphones..
    Is the fact explore mobile verticalls Communications. With QNX - BB10 platform
    More easy for predict future (very soon) is communication, multiple ways, between smartphones and cars. Like control/manage your vehicle with smartphone and to use car to realize actions with smartphone. All integrated and easy. Others, always multiple way, not only mobile, can be home, restaurants, eletronics, work...
    I think This is really "...to extend you and your information beyond the mobile device..."
    The challenge will always be to integrate multiple platforms.. QNX! The new Java??!!?!
    01-31-13 01:39 PM
    Did anyone get a chance to see Thorsten's Inside BlackBerry statement he made. I don't think he could have made it any clearer. I just wonder the way the company is positioned what these types of statements from the CEO mean to us end users.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9370 using Tapatalk
    01-31-13 03:43 PM
    02-01-13 06:24 AM