While watching BNN this morning, I heard during the usual RIM discussions that BB10 will be avail for pre-order during holiday season. I take it with a grain of salt because this is not coming from RIM. Not sure how this would work either, as they would have to let more details out on the product.
    07-11-12 07:07 AM
    I would not put much stock in this until there were a live demo of a completed device.
    Couple that with the fact that Mr Heins during the AGM walked back the January 2013
    release date to the less concrete Q1 CY2013 timeline.
    07-11-12 07:48 AM
    I would not put much stock in this until there were a live demo of a completed device.
    Couple that with the fact that Mr Heins during the AGM walked back the January 2013
    release date to the less concrete Q1 CY2013 timeline.
    Is the latest Q1 2013 rather than Jan 2013 now ?

If so it changes like the wind.
    07-11-12 07:53 AM
    Is the latest Q1 2013 rather than Jan 2013 now ?

If so it changes like the wind.
    Q1 CY2013 was the original timeline (I believe) and was reiterated several times
    by Mr Heins yesterday.

It does afford a little wiggle room as January 2103 certainly falls within that
    period. I just found it curious that after days of hearing Mr Heins state January
    2013 that that was not in his presentation. Could really mean nothing though.
    07-11-12 07:59 AM
    LOL. I'll wait to order.
    07-11-12 08:01 AM
    LOL. I'll wait to order.
    I'm with you there.
    07-11-12 08:05 AM
    Q1 CY2013 was the original timeline (I believe) and was reiterated several times
    by Mr Heins yesterday.

It does afford a little wiggle room as January 2103 certainly falls within that
    period. I just found it curious that after days of hearing Mr Heins state January
    2013 that that was not in his presentation. Could really mean nothing though.
    Oh ok, the annoying part is them keep changing the dates. If they said "January time" and leave it at that it would be better.

*Now, I don't want the first bb10. I'll wait for the keyboard 10 which means we'll have this "date" palava all over again with that one
    Last edited by Ben1232; 07-11-12 at 08:10 AM.
    07-11-12 08:08 AM
    by Mr Heins yesterday. [...] I just found it curious that after days of hearing Mr Heins state January 2013 [...]
    That's the forums/blog syndrome ... He said it once in his first interview ... then it has been reproduced by others several times. Meanwhile, RIM issued an update :
    "We obviously want it to launch as soon as possible and that’s the point Thorsten was making, but as we’ve stated before, the goal is Q1 calendar 2013 and that remains our goal. "
    As noted in Chris blog entry on CB.

But the harm is made. I believe this is the worst statement that happened during the whole media blitz period. I cringed reading it.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 07-11-12 at 09:32 AM.
    07-11-12 09:30 AM
    I don't think Heins meant to ever give a specific month being this far from release. He probably misspoke during the interview. While I'm certain he knows when they'll launch BB10 and that January is still an incredibly plausable window of launch, he didn't want to reveal it in this manner. And RIM is not going to further jeopardize their credibility by stating a specific month and then missing that target should something happen.

With that said, I wouldn't put much into this speculation, but if a January release is truly in the cards, then it makes sense. I like the notion of pre-orders and that RIM might be offering them for BB10 devices. It makes people excited that something big and popular is coming and that they should reserve whatever it is before it's gone. I hope it's true!
    07-11-12 10:40 AM
    Pre order, may not be a bad idea.

If people pre order, then RIM will know exactly where, and how many units they'd need at any given location on launch day. They'll be better able to allocate stock to areas where there is high demand. Perhaps this is a step that RIM is taking to make sure that those BlackBerry loyalists, like us, get their new BB10 device on launch day?

Really, what would it hurt for RIM to do a pre order?

Sent from my Magical BlackBerry Bold 9900
    07-11-12 10:46 AM
    January is the next delay announce date.
    07-11-12 12:09 PM
    He probably misspoke during the interview.
    We have two quotes from him: one with the delay being two months and the other being January. What I take from this is that they were originally expecting to launch in November and now are working towards January.
    07-11-12 12:16 PM
    RIM is still putting the blame on others for their delay. First it was the fabled chip, now it's carrier testing.

Frank Boulben, RIM’s new chief marketing officer the shareholders' meeting gave this disclaimer:

The testing process of our carrier partners can take up to eight, 10, 12 week. So we are also dependent on them.”
    What this says is that RIM has not built this approval process into their schedule. When Apple announced the iPhone in Jan 2007, they were about to submit the product to the FCC for approval and once this is done, it becomes public knowledge. This is why Apple made the launch date 6 months later.

When will RIM finally admit it's THEIR fault that BB10 is over a year behind schedule?

Oh, and this has got to be the biggest faux pas yet, from the same link:

Boulben, who was hired for RIM’s top marketing job in May, said that releasing the phone in January and not in the run-up to the holiday shopping season means RIM won’t have to compete with a flood of new handsets. Apple and other rivals are expected to release new models later this year.
    Does he really think that just by delaying the release mean that the competitors' new devices won't matter later?

RIM is dishing out more excuses than ever now.
    07-11-12 12:31 PM
    Oh ok, the annoying part is them keep changing the dates. If they said "January time" and leave it at that it would be better.

*Now, I don't want the first bb10. I'll wait for the keyboard 10 which means we'll have this "date" palava all over again with that one
    . . . had to go to the dictionary on that one . . .
    07-11-12 12:38 PM
    I don't think Heins meant to ever give a specific month being this far from release. He probably misspoke during the interview. While I'm certain he knows when they'll launch BB10 and that January is still an incredibly plausable window of launch, he didn't want to reveal it in this manner. And RIM is not going to further jeopardize their credibility by stating a specific month and then missing that target should something happen. ...
    That sounds quite reasonable, but Frank Boulben was much more specific in an interview with Bloomberg before the shareholder meeting. Was this "damage control" or was he providing clearer info to guide expectations?

�My expectation is that in some countries we will be launching in January,� Frank Boulben, RIM�s new chief marketing officer, said in an interview before the meeting. �Will it be three continents or five, five countries or 10? I don�t know the specifics yet, but it will be multiple countries on multiple continents.�

... Still, Boulben said he couldn�t guarantee the January timing for the first phone because wireless carriers� testing of the device could run late. �The testing process of our carrier partners can take up to eight, 10, 12 weeks, so we are also dependent on them,� he said.

Full article and discussion in this thread:
    | http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...omberg-734577/
    07-11-12 01:02 PM
    Don't forget that when Heins said January, he said that there would be a lot of buildup in January with BB10 comming......it all depended on how you interpreted what he said. You could read that BB10 phones would be here in Jan, or that they would be on their way in Jan
    07-11-12 02:19 PM
    Don't forget that when Heins said January, he said that there would be a lot of buildup in January with BB10 comming......it all depended on how you interpreted what he said. You could read that BB10 phones would be here in Jan, or that they would be on their way in Jan
    Why should what he said be left up to interpretation in the first place?

He's the CEO. Shouldn't he just be taken at his word?
    CHIP72 likes this.
    07-11-12 04:13 PM
    I would totally pre-order!
    07-11-12 04:14 PM
    Would I pre-order....i definitely would consider it but I doubt it. I'm not going to give them my money and then find out there's another delay. RIM can accept my money when they can actually provide a date...
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-11-12 05:07 PM
    A preorder in December would be great but it would not work for them if they decided to delay again.
    07-11-12 05:12 PM
    If people pre-order in late 2012, can they get interest on their payment that can be credited towards their purchase when BB 10 finally does come out?
    07-11-12 08:04 PM
    If people pre-order in late 2012, can they get interest on their payment that can be credited towards their purchase when BB 10 finally does come out?
    I doubt that RIM will be putting the money into individual escrow accounts for folks who pre-order.

And a pre-order date does NOT Mean that the product cannot still BR delayed.

I'm saving an upgrade for this phone, but they gets no dineros fro me 'til there's actually a phone that I can walk into a store and put my hands on.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 07-11-12 at 10:16 PM.
    07-11-12 08:30 PM
    I doubt that RIM will be putting the money into individual escrow accounts for folks who pre-order.

And a pre-order date does NOT Mean that the product cannot still BR delayed.

I'm saving an upgrade for this phone, but they gets no dineros fro me 'til there's actually a phone that I can walk into a store and put my hands on.
    My comments above were tongue-in-cheek and were making light of the on-going BB 10 delays.
    07-11-12 10:58 PM
    It's simple.

The release will depend on what the definition of is is.
    07-12-12 12:24 AM
    What do you want, $25 for the month lol ?
    07-12-12 02:45 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD