All it seems that you ever read on here anymore is RIM this and RIM that, and how bad they are! The latest of course is that the BB10 won't be out before the end of the year and "what should I do about it?"!

My answer is get over it! I have a 9810 and my friend has a 9930. We both love our phones and wouldn't trade for a droid or iphone if they were free and have no problem waiting for the BB10. We love what the phones do, the BBM, the security, and God knows the browser is fast enough-actually faster than one of my laptops!

The bottom line is that unless your phone is not working and it does what you need it to, why change--unless of course you like to have the newest and greatest out there--and in that case, go spend your money!

BB10 will be here when it gets here, and even then I may not upgrade. I know plenty of people that have throw-away phones and LG's, and Nokia's that aren't looking to trade up to a newest and greatest smartphones because their's work and do what they need them to do. All I'm saying is, that if you have a good BB phone, and it works good, be happy with it.

In my case, the 9810/7.1 is absolutely awesome and the newest upgraded OS's out are easily as good as any iPhone or Android. I see in these forums people complaining that there are not enough apps--how many do you really need or really use? 5 maybe 10 at the most?

Be happy with what you have and when the BB10 comes out, if you like it, upgrade. More importantly, if you don't like BB then trade for something else and be happy-like most of us are on here.

I'm sorry for the venting but I'm just tired of all the negative threads that's on here. There are so many people here that are combing these threads trying to help each other every day, that its a shame to bring it down with complaining. If there is a problem with your phone, post it and you will be amazed how many great people will jump in to help you out. This is a good place to belong so don't spoil it.
    06-29-12 04:08 PM
    Because genius, the competition will have put RIM further asunder (what do you think, that money they have is endless???), app writers will continue to NOT write for RIM, there will be a new iPhone and great Android phones with apps we need, not just games. And I have a Torch 9810.....I've had BB's since there were BB's, and you think this is a great phone. You don't know jack about what a 'great' smartphone is, BB or otherwise. And, RIM misses the holidays, billions of dollars, they get squat, guess who does get it. Aw, doesn't matter, RIM is Canada's pride and joy, they will watch it slowly sink into the abyss.
    dynot, mikeo007, mud314 and 2 others like this.
    06-29-12 04:28 PM
    agreed w/rfalter. It's not about how much we like our current phones. Look at the amount of people that currently like their current BB, do you think that is enough to support an entire company and their families? Devs are not going to continue working at developing for a company and software that will probably never see the light of day.

it's a business and their business is to produce hardware and software for their hardware. THEY ARE NOT DOING IT!!!! They are not bringing anything new to the table, they were bent that their keyboard and software was going to keep them afloat, you see where they are now.

One thing is to love your piece of equipment and the company that produced it for you another one is to be delusional like the goons at RIM. I agree that the 9930 is a beautiful phone, sexy even. That does not mean that it technically current with what is out today.

For the record, I don't want to see RIM fail. I want to see one of their new phones, I want to get BB10 on my PB, but, I just don't see it happening. If it does happen, I doubt it will make the splash that they need. From what I have seen on CB it looks great, but the idea of them not putting anything out this year, well that is just absurd and stupid on their part. They have no one else to blame for their failures but themselves. Their job is to listen to their customers and they weren't.
    06-29-12 04:38 PM
    i think most people care because this isn't the 1st delay. not only not the first delay for RIM but not the first delay for a bb10 device. you really think a company continually delaying a device for over a year isn't going to ruffle feathers? during the 12 month delay, the hardware becomes a year older, competition releases multiple updates, developers leave (read the forums, there are multiple developers stating there is no incentive to develop for bb10 now) and what was a promising product a year ago, looks like yesterdays garbage by the time it arrives. so when you say "so what" that's "what"
    dynot, Splange and tack like this.
    06-29-12 04:38 PM
    I'm with you, op. Whoop-di-doo soccer moms and prima donna developers have to wait another 3-6 months for BB10. But oh no, they might "jump ship" (dumbass expression, I know) and leave to another platform that already has Netflix! Bfd.
    go1ndr likes this.
    06-29-12 04:50 PM
    I'm with you, op. Whoop-di-doo soccer moms and prima donna developers have to wait another 3-6 months for BB10. But oh no, they might "jump ship" (dumbass expression, I know) and leave to another platform that already has Netflix! Bfd.
    exactly, that . oh and the large amount of developers posting in these forums saying they can't afford to develop for bb10 now due to the delay, and that it is no longer a worthy investment, boohoo for them. oh and the owner of this site, oh and the other moderators and writers for this site. i guess they're all soccer moms
    mikeo007 likes this.
    06-29-12 04:52 PM
    Anyone who's paid attention to my posts on the subject will know that I have been a pretty firm supporter of CEO Heins since he took over from Mike & Jim. There's a lot that seems to have changed at RIM since Heins became CEO, but there's no escaping that his most important job was to restore faith in RIM as an ongoing business.

Yesterday's earnings report wasn't just bad, it was bad in a way that demanded more warning than we got. We were told that there was an operating loss, and that there were "challenges". What we got were sales and revenues that were CONSIDERABLY below analyst estimates, and the delay of the release of the company's best hope of survival.

I don't object to waiting for BB10, not for only a few months, but there's a much more troubling issue of overall credibility. I'd like to say the delay isn't an issue, but it is.
    06-29-12 05:02 PM
    I think it's the constant delays and false promises that people are fed up with at this point. I AM NOT speaking for myself, only ASSuming how others may feel and going by what I have read, and personally heard.

BB10 was supposed to be here early 2012. Then it got pushed back to late 2012. Then it gets pushed back to early 2013. That's about a year of people waiting, holding off buying a new phone in the hopes of seeing the new BB10 OS and being able to actually buy it. And these are just the true fans of BB who actually know about BB10. For a lot of regular joes out there, who don't even know what BB10 is, all they know is, they are looking to upgrade to a new phone, and maybe, just maybe, they are looking at Android, iOS, and maybe even Windows Phone, and thinking, "hey, that looks different, interesting, cool". I doubt they are saying, "Ohh but BBOS is the most secure. It has the best email. It has a LED. It has a keyboard", etc... They see the competition, in the news, almost daily, with something new either coming out, coming out soon, or coming out by the end of the year.
    06-29-12 05:09 PM
    Guys the longer it takes the BB10 ecosystem to materialize, the longer it allows people to get entrenched in the other ones out there. It leaves time for W8, which will now be out sooner than BB10 to get people locked into that system. People that didn't upgrade to BBOS7 because they were told that BB10 would be available early 2012, then late 2012 and now early 2013, will be more likely to look at a GS3, iP5, or W8 device because who know if the early 2013 date won't slip again. Also some of these dev's livelihood is making apps, and when they are told that they can develop and make money in 2012, and then have the football yanked back and have to wait to get ROI, it isn't good for the ecosystem. You guys can tell those Blackberry people and devs who are upset to pi$$ off and leave, but how is that going to help RIM or the growth of BB10 if these people leave angry and badmouth RIM and Blackberry? RIM is burning through get out of jail free cards with the loyal base, and they may not have any more in the pile. Instead of being mad at the users and devs, why not be upset with the organization that is mismanaging everyone's expectations.
    06-29-12 05:25 PM
    This is the line of thinking that put RIM in this position. Reminds me of the Black Knight in Holy Grail.... "tis but a flesh wound"

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    tack likes this.
    06-29-12 06:21 PM
    I'm not so much concerned about the date BlackBerry 10 is coming out. Personally, I have a 9930 that I really like and I'll not be upgrading for another 10-12 months.

But what this shows to me is that RIM still cannot stick to deadlines that they set. That's what I don't like.

It was like that in the past. They released buggy devices late as well.

I just want to see a positive change in RIM.
    go1ndr, kbz1960 and Spencerdl like this.
    06-29-12 06:24 PM
    Developers can continue to develop for the playbook. It will work on BB10. What is the problem
    06-29-12 07:22 PM
    Developers can continue to develop for the playbook. It will work on BB10. What is the problem

The Playbook is doing poorly so they are probably a little reluctant to put too many resources into it.
    06-29-12 07:29 PM
    Because devs want to develop for bb10 and not the Playbook? They're completely different OS's and the bb10 dev phones handed out are pretty miserable in features lacking according to developers here. Many seem to be putting their bb10 time on hiatus
    06-29-12 07:31 PM
    The Playbook is doing poorly so they are probably a little reluctant to put too many resources into it.

250,000 more playbooks were sold last quarter...so now it's way past a million sold

Great apps will attract more consumers to the playbook.

RIM stated the playbook is getting BB10 and whatever is in app world right now will play on BB10 playbooks and BB10 phones.

What about the upcoming 4G playbook...RIM is committed to the playbook
    06-29-12 09:03 PM
    RIM said late 2012, anyone here dumb enough to not automatically know that means 2013? Has it ever not been like this?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-30-12 03:21 AM
    PBOS doesn't support Cascades (at least fully), which I suppose most developers are betting on.
    06-30-12 04:01 AM
    250,000 more playbooks were sold last quarter...so now it's way past a million sold

RIM stated the playbook is getting BB10 and whatever is in app world right now will play on BB10 playbooks and BB10 phones.

OK, you have 1+ million Playbooks sold over 14 months and almost 2 million iOS and Android devices sold DAILY.

As for more consumers, well, there aren't too many PBs left on the shelf.

In any case, it's not smaller developers that will attract more consumers, but the major players, for whom 1+ million devices is something they don't want to bother about.

Also, the 4G Playbook is another phantom at this stage. Even if it releases, most probably RIM will not sell more than a few tens of thousands of those.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    06-30-12 04:07 AM
    Stay the course BB keyboard will prevail in the end maybe under a different brand or company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-30-12 05:39 AM
    RIM said late 2012, anyone here dumb enough to not automatically know that means 2013? Has it ever not been like this?

No. Say what you mean, and mean what you said. Late 2012 means late 2012 and not early 2013.
    06-30-12 06:22 AM
    No they shipped 250,000 playbooks which tells us nothing about how many sold.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    06-30-12 06:42 AM

Then they should not have stated a projected date. Or maybe expanded it.

Yes, though, they are known for missing dates and push backs.

I was hoping for different this time.

IF a BlackBerry 10 is released in 2013, I'll still get one.
    06-30-12 06:47 AM
    OK, you have 1+ million Playbooks sold over 14 months and almost 2 million iOS and Android devices sold DAILY.

As for more consumers, well, there aren't too many PBs left on the shelf.

In any case, it's not smaller developers that will attract more consumers, but the major players, for whom 1+ million devices is something they don't want to bother about.

Also, the 4G Playbook is another phantom at this stage. Even if it releases, most probably RIM will not sell more than a few tens of thousands of those.

I don't know how many playbooks were sold. It could be closer to 2 million or more than 2 million.

App world unifies playbook owners and blackberry users buy apps

I'll assume RIM made the 4G playbook predominately for business customers. They'll sell more than your pathetic pessimistic forecast
    06-30-12 07:52 AM
    OP. I understand and agree with what you're trying to do with your post. However, what most are not understanding that say things like "get over it" or "STFU and move on", or this winner, "like being depressed", most of us have moved on and it is just a phone(to stick with the train of thought posted by others), but, members resentment are not based soley on the delay. I'm not a newbie and this is definitely not the first delay from RIM. My dissapointment comes from seeing my friends on here trying to defend RIM at all levels and RIM, not BB10, still perceived as making the same mistakes. Although I haven't lost one minute of sleep, I really think we need to spend our time making sure that RIM does what it needs to do to live up to it's word. LOL. I haven't given up on RIM or BlackBerry. But anything perceived as defending RIM - right now isn't going to have the desired effect. Why not let RIM step up and make a post.......after it calms down a bit, Thorsten. Kevin has your back.....but, this is on you.
    go1ndr likes this.
    06-30-12 08:16 AM
    I don't know how many playbooks were sold. It could be closer to 2 million or more than 2 million.

App world unifies playbook owners and blackberry users buy apps

I'll assume RIM made the 4G playbook predominately for business customers. They'll sell more than your pathetic pessimistic forecast
    they have shipped only 1.6 million so far. So they cant sell 2 million based on the fact
    avt123 and Splange like this.
    06-30-12 08:28 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD