I need 8mp camera.. like clicking pics on the phone..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    09-04-12 10:42 AM
    I'd like to see better sensors before higher pixel counts. I can't stand the way the pictures look from any cell phone no matter the manufacturer. I also can't stand the fixed wide-angle lenses either. Wish they could fit some kind of optical zoom in these things, but I know they can't as they try to get these slabs thinner.

(but then, I'm a standard 50mm lens SLR kind of guy...)
    Mister-E likes this.
    09-04-12 11:34 AM
    Better Documents to Go.
    Better handling of pdfs.
    deezy87 and spike12 like this.
    09-04-12 11:53 AM
    Ya that pdf thing really needs to be sorted.. Altough the column view on phone is great..
    09-04-12 01:15 PM
    Mainstream/Popular Apps
    Autofocus
    Front Facing camera w/ Skype capabilities
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-04-12 01:23 PM
    Better photo manager. The one on the PB sucks. Better "flow" for sharing/syncing/posting photos.
    09-04-12 06:15 PM
    Better handling of pdf's and truncated messages.
    09-04-12 07:00 PM
    I wish i had one

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-04-12 07:02 PM
    Haha sgt50, We all wish!!
    09-05-12 02:52 AM
    Better handling of pdf's and truncated messages.
    Hoping for no truncated messages....

Sent from an Unkown Device using Tapatalk
    09-05-12 03:38 AM
    Oh ya.. that too! The file size limit should also be increased. Like 6mb restriction, I feel is too less to even share any data. Music files are larger than that and video files certainly only allow for MMS resolution file..
    09-05-12 04:29 AM
    Consistent symbols font with MS version of PPT.
    09-05-12 04:32 AM
    Hoping for no truncated messages....

Sent from an Unkown Device using Tapatalk
    Truncated messages? Haven't seen any of those since the last BIS update a year or so ago. Do they still happen?
    09-05-12 11:36 AM
    My Laundry list.
    if these aren't in BB10 (or an app) on launch, I won't be going BB10

1. Unified inbox
    2. good, crips, clear and bright screen (no pentile)
    3. justifiable hardware buttons. If i can't go to my next MP3 without looking and unlocking the touchscreen...
    4. Consistant Battery life: if I have to recharge every 8 hours, we have a problem
    5. Bluetooth integration with other devices (media playback from my car's audio)
    6. uPNP and DLNA client.
    7. RDP / SSH
    8. Tethering / mobile hotspot.
    9. File browser with support for network file shares, including Samba or windows shares
    10. Real Web Browser: iunno about you, but the 9800's browser sucks. 5 minute page renders is not fun (even after the data's finished loading, the browser itself is unresponsive to the entire page is drawn)

This list grows, and I"m aware some are already covered. But, after buying into a playbook based on "coming soon" for many of these, and yet to see none of them come to fruitition, if it's not there, on launch from RIM, No words of "coming soon" are going to keep me in BB camp
    Last edited by Sprawl; 09-05-12 at 03:15 PM.
    09-05-12 03:07 PM

(but then, I'm a standard 50mm lens SLR kind of guy...)
    you will never be happy with a mobile phones camera

and thats not a bad thing. the small micro sensor size will never compete with the larger frames of real cameras. Just wont happen. it drives me nuts when I see all these 8mp iphone photos posted allover the place that have so much noise, yet the poster thinks its the greatest photo they've ever seen.
    09-05-12 03:09 PM
    I might be in the minority here...but active widgets!
    howarmat likes this.
    09-05-12 03:31 PM
    For me, though I intend to stay regardless, for me to really be satisfied, I want:

Improved Camera. Currently the quality of the pics is very good, but reaction time is way too long. I would also like to see a built in Dual-Camera instead of needing to get an app for that.

Bold 9000/99XX form factor continue. I really don't want a small Bold again. I want this next gen phone to be a full-sized Bold, with the big keyboard, a little extra weight a great battery life.

A return to rock solid build quality. Materials quality has been getting better over the past few generations however, the rock solid, no squeaks and rattles build quality that my first BlackBerry with a TrackWheel had has not been present. While I may drop my phone quite a bit that original phone because it has less pieces(?) it didn't move around in itself making those noises. I want that feeling again.
    09-05-12 07:33 PM
    Like you said, at least an 8MP camera, 3MP front would be nice. At least a dual core 2.0GHz processor (quad core processors are around too) and I would love to see 2GB of RAM (which will add to the great QNX multitasking). I would also like to see a phone that is both thin AND has good battery life. The Razr Maxx proves that is possible.
    09-05-12 07:55 PM
    No Freezes ever! My 9900 froze up so badly today not even two reboot cycles could make the thing complete faster. I think it took over 10 minutes for the phone to finish booting! That is unacceptable.
    Better Camera
    Bigger Battery
    More RAM
    Speakers not in the back. Sound does not sound loud enough when placed on a flat surface.
    NO Checkerboard
    NEW Better Browser...the RIM Browser.
    Resizable Active Frames
    THEME Builder!
    Last edited by calicocat2010; 09-05-12 at 09:20 PM.
    09-05-12 08:58 PM
    I want to know that fuzzy lil' feeling of added security will still be here that comes with knowing you're connected to BIS and that the all-seeing NOC still has our back The other crap is of little concern to me. Of course, I never cared about quad core processors and stuff like that since the only apps that should need that are 3D video games.

Written from BitPusher's BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    09-06-12 01:22 AM
    A good sturdy dual-core with 2gb ram sounds good with 8MP camera.. Would make for nice photo sharing and editing.. As well as video!

Security yes.. Mixed talks on BIS dying out.. not clear on that though.. But I want the BB10 to be the tightest security stuff.. Feels sort of nice..

What about all the native RIM apps? Like specifically developed.. Travel, Protect, Weather & News.. I'm guessing that's already there at the least..

What do you guys think of the BB10 having a metal body??
    09-06-12 02:07 AM
    I might be in the minority here...but active widgets!
    What kind of widgets exactly? This different from the live tiles?
    09-06-12 02:08 AM
    Hate to spoil the party here, but the apps/capabilities on the BB10 "wishlist" already exist...and in some cases, far exceed the what you're wishing for.
    My Samsung S2 Skyrocket has true HD video and picture capabilities.... and they can actually be shared because of the 50MB file transfer limit via email.
    Integrated message screen
    Lightning fast browser...pages load fully in a few seconds
    Boot time that is literally just a few seconds
    Active Widgets
    The list goes on...
    And you're hoping to have some of these things NEXT YEAR?? Good luck with that....
    09-06-12 07:32 AM
    Hate to spoil the party here, but the apps/capabilities on the BB10 "wishlist" already exist...and in some cases, far exceed the what you're wishing for.
    My Samsung S2 Skyrocket has true HD video and picture capabilities.... and they can actually be shared because of the 50MB file transfer limit via email.
    Integrated message screen
    Lightning fast browser...pages load fully in a few seconds
    Boot time that is literally just a few seconds
    Active Widgets
    The list goes on...
    And you're hoping to have some of these things NEXT YEAR?? Good luck with that....
    Blast buddy, I think this is the point we're all trying to make with our "wishlist".

There are already devices on the market that do most, if not all of what we ask for. These all exist. Nobody is coming up with things that we've never heard or seen before, and the competition has it.

That's why we have these laundry lists for RIM. if RIM can't come to the table with the options we can geet everywhere else, they're in trouble.
    09-06-12 08:00 AM
    I agree....I've had more than just few BBs over the years. And every new device or OS was met with the same type of "wishlist". I got tired of wishing for things that were already available on other devices. Every year, the RIM mantra seems to be "this new device is what we've all been waiting for! Can't wait till it's released!" Meanwhile, every other device on the market has already surpassed what BBs will SOON be able to do...
    09-06-12 08:15 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD