I saw on another board that bb10 is late and will not ship in 2012.
    The logic was that in order to hit back to school, then the final devices must be in carriers hands 2 months before the carrier launch for radio and other testing, and given this is new OS on new hardware will probably take longer.
    Back to school for September means that carriers have bb10 for testing by july 1. I checked with friend in TELUS test labs who tells me that they have not received or planning to receive devices in the next 6-8 weeks.

To hit the thanksgiving and Christmas timeline it must be in carrier testing start by August 15 which is about 7 weeks away. Based on the demos and what my friends in Ottawa tell me, they are no where close to this. They seemed to have missed a whole internal monthly release and are slipping more but no one wants to admit this or they will get fired.

This means that bb10 will not be available to consumers until January 2013. This is really bad for rim. What it means is that Thorsten will lie or skirt around this in the earnings call, but the jig will be up in early August when they don't have a solid product in the carriers hands for testing and everyone will know this.

I really want to believe in rim but all signs are pointing to slips. It seems like the QNX team has lots of power in rim, but have little experience at running large projects on time. The Playbook 1.0 fiasco I've been told is directly related to them as well as the 2.0 slip. In addition the Playbook 4g was to have shipped months ago but still hasn't.

Of course what my rim friends tell me is that the leaders responsible for these slips all got promoted which is very worrisome.

If anyone had some hard evidence on the dates or logic that is contrary to this, please provide this.
    bb10fan1, cgk, kennyliu and 5 others like this.
    06-23-12 03:13 PM
    I saw on another board that bb10 is late and will not ship in 2012.
    The logic was that in order to hit back to school, then the final devices must be in carriers hands 2 months before the carrier launch for radio and other testing, and given this is new OS on new hardware will probably take longer.
    Back to school for September means that carriers have bb10 for testing by july 1. I checked with friend in TELUS test labs who tells me that they have not received or planning to receive devices in the next 6-8 weeks.

To hit the thanksgiving and Christmas timeline it must be in carrier testing start by August 15 which is about 7 weeks away. Based on the demos and what my friends in Ottawa tell me, they are no where close to this. They seemed to have missed a whole internal monthly release and are slipping more but no one wants to admit this or they will get fired.

This means that bb10 will not be available to consumers until January 2013. This is really bad for rim. What it means is that Thorsten will lie or skirt around this in the earnings call, but the jig will be up in early August when they don't have a solid product in the carriers hands for testing and everyone will know this.

I really want to believe in rim but all signs are pointing to slips. It seems like the QNX team has lots of power in rim, but have little experience at running large projects on time. The Playbook 1.0 fiasco I've been told is directly related to them as well as the 2.0 slip. In addition the Playbook 4g was to have shipped months ago but still hasn't.

Of course what my rim friends tell me is that the leaders responsible for these slips all got promoted which is very worrisome.

If anyone had some hard evidence on the dates or logic that is contrary to this, please provide this.
    Your first post and you expect us to believe this nonsense? Sounds like you're shorting the stock.
    06-23-12 03:21 PM
    I was just at a cell repair facility (getting the track pad on my 9800 replaced) and got into a debate with them about BB10.
    They echoed the same. BB10 will NOT come out this year.

It's do or die for RIM. At $9 a share there is no 2nd chance.

They better get BB10 out and it better be a home run.

Also the quality of the phones needs to improve . My Bold 9000 lasted just a year, my 9700 less, and now my 9800 required rear. Unacceptable.
    Last edited by Underdogz; 06-23-12 at 03:47 PM.
    06-23-12 03:25 PM
    I am hiding out in the back of a Scrapbook store while the wife walks around loooking at fancy paper. The owner of this store says 2012 and there is a ATT store right next door. Who would possibly know more than her? NOONE

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    06-23-12 03:40 PM
    Rimmer,

you're asking us to prove your hypothesis wrong ?

......Now where else does this scenario pop up
    Last edited by Ben1232; 06-23-12 at 03:56 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-23-12 03:50 PM
    I know this is the News and RUMORS section, but really? I think I'd rather bet on Toodeurep's srapbook store owner!

The number of negative first posts makes one wonder doesn't it?
    Toodeurep, Stewartj1 and bungaboy like this.
    06-23-12 03:53 PM
    The thread title has just changed. For the best
    hpjrt likes this.
    06-23-12 03:55 PM
    In all honesty, for me, I really don't care if it is pushed back til Jan - mar 2013.

But, if this happens, alot of people and media will cry and whine and it will be the end of the world.

I think it will hurt RIM alot if it's pushed beyond December.

I would rather wait an extra couple months than have a half baked incomplete OS.
    big_time2, bungaboy and kam2958 like this.
    06-23-12 04:05 PM
    Double post, I did.
    06-23-12 04:07 PM
    In all honesty, for me, I really don't care if it is pushed back til Jan - mar 2013.

But, if this happens, alot of people and media will cry and whine and it will be the end of the world.

I think it will hurt RIM alot if it's pushed beyond December.

I would rather wait an extra couple months than have a half baked incomplete OS.
    Completely agree. I would rather wait a few extra months to have a good phone with no software bugs at all than to get one early where half the features don't work.
    06-23-12 04:33 PM
    Unfortunately this is not hard to believe.
    06-23-12 04:41 PM
    I am hiding out in the back of a Scrapbook store while the wife walks around loooking at fancy paper. The owner of this store says 2012 and there is a ATT store right next door. Who would possibly know more than her? NOONE

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Funny.

The point being this is the 2nd time this week I've heard this.

There is more I could say but why waste my time.
    06-23-12 04:55 PM
    Grain of salt.
    06-23-12 04:55 PM
    Seriously, would anyone really be surprised if this were true?
    Fmar, MrRJ and shemaree09 like this.
    06-23-12 04:57 PM
    I was just at a cell repair facility (getting the track pad on my 9800 replaced) and got into a debate with them about BB10.
    They echoed the same. BB10 will NOT come out this year.

It's do or die for RIM. At $9 a share there is no 2nd chance.

They better get BB10 out and it better be a home run.

Also the quality of the phones needs to improve . My Bold 9000 lasted just a year, my 9700 less, and now my 9800 required rear. Unacceptable.
    Yeah I was at some club and this hooker I danced with said BB10 is launching next month.
    So there, your story is stuffed.
    06-23-12 04:58 PM
    Seriously, would anyone really be surprised if this were true?
    Yes I would. It would mean RIM's new management is the same as the old. Maybe it shouldn't but yes it would.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    06-23-12 05:02 PM
    Funny.

The point being this is the 2nd time this week I've heard this.

There is more I could say but why waste my time.
    100% true story.

As mentioned above, it really doesn't matter to me when it comes out. I really like my OS7 Torch and my OS2.0 Playbook so I don't care when it is ready just as long as it is ready. There are many people that complain about there hardware and software but I must be the luckiest person alive because I have none of these.

RIM is basically in a no win situation so they should focus on delivering quality because that will do more than on-time delivery.
    hobbyboy#CB and bungaboy like this.
    06-23-12 05:04 PM
    Speculate..... dream.... waffle..... daydream...

BAM!!! Offer concrete conclusion below.

This means that bb10 will not be available to consumers until January 2013. This is really bad for rim. What it means is that Thorsten will lie or skirt around this in the earnings call, but the jig will be up in early August when they don't have a solid product in the carriers hands for testing and everyone will know this......

........ It seems like the QNX team has lots of power in rim, but have little experience at running large projects on time. The Playbook 1.0 fiasco I've been told is directly related to them as well as the 2.0 slip. In addition the Playbook 4g was to have shipped months ago but still hasn't.......

<sigh>
    Everyone is having a field day at RIM's expense.
    How do you start a thread called "Complete speculation" on your very first post and arrive at such "conclusions"?
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-23-12 05:05 PM
    <sigh>
    Everyone is having a field day at RIM's expense.
    How do you start a thread called "Complete speculation" on your very first post and arrive at such "conclusions"?
    A mod added the complete speculation
    06-23-12 05:08 PM
    Do the carriers actually need the phone or can RIM just send them the stack info and carriers can work off of that?
    06-23-12 05:09 PM
    Carriers need the phone to complete testing
    06-23-12 05:40 PM
    This guy is full of sh*t.

So rimmer let's get this straight. You first read about it somewhere??? And then called (on the bat phone) your multiple inside sources at Telus and then in Ottawa. Then you called Obama and told him you couldn't meet him for lunch because you had to do your duty and inform everyone at crackberry. I bet you don't even have to wipe your a*s I'm sure you have a source you can call on (in that industry of course) that will take care of it for you.
    Last edited by abwan11; 06-23-12 at 06:01 PM.
    bungaboy and Jackson76 like this.
    06-23-12 05:58 PM
    Lets start kicking the NONE-believers out!! You all are just scared that RIM will come back stronger then ever.

Blackberry is the phone of the FUTURE!!
    kevinnugent and bungaboy like this.
    06-23-12 06:06 PM
    I can't see that being a possibility with the dev alpha devices (5000) already in the hands of developers. That tells me that the infrastructure is intact and stable.

Now they are busy with finishing the native apps (calendar, push email, settings, BBM, contacts, etc.) and interior design/aesthetics. I just think that RIM is being VERY cautious. They are probably finishing some eye popping new enhancements, making sure voice apps are functioning/responding appropriately (don't want to pull a Samsung). I saw one test of Samsung's new voice assistant where the app says "I do not understand be 4 7 O'clock."

They are probably testing carrier connectivity, etc.

The good thing is that I've heard app developers are finding it easy to migrate to QNX. In one case it only took 20 minutes.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    bungaboy and zma15 like this.
    06-23-12 06:17 PM
    Lets start kicking the NONE-believers out!! You all are just scared that RIM will come back stronger then ever.

Blackberry is the phone of the FUTURE!!
    Yeah! And the people who can't spell. And the redheads!! Kick them all out!!! smh.
    jegs2 likes this.
    06-23-12 06:30 PM
163 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD