At least they "fessed" up about the PB. There's no BB10 coming ever. It's....pretty bad....another broken promise, but it's a lot better to know then drag it out even longer!
    06-28-13 07:23 AM
    I'm just hoping for any updates. It didn't have to be bb10. BBM and the keyboard would be enough for me.

Posted via CB10
    richardat, bigjman and jaydee5799 like this.
    06-28-13 07:31 AM
    At least they "fessed" up about the PB. There's no BB10 coming ever. It's....pretty bad....another broken promise, but it's a lot better to know then drag it out even longer!
    the writing has been on the wall.
    06-28-13 07:37 AM
    I'm just hoping for any updates. It didn't have to be bb10. BBM and the keyboard would be enough for me.

Posted via CB10
    I just want bridge back!

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 07:38 AM
    Same old BlackBerry.

Let still support Legacy devices. Let's continue to do half backed roll outs of BB10 phones.

Let's crap all over PB owners.

MS is right. They need not worry about BlackBerry.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    06-28-13 07:50 AM
    this is insane! there are apps on PlayBook that aren't appearing on BB World for the z10!!!! and viceversa!
    I bought a bunch of apps 567, on my 64PB and now I cannot use them on my z10...

These are times when deciding to leave BBRY is a lot easier than in January
    needforbbx and h20work like this.
    06-28-13 08:12 AM
    this is insane! there are apps on PlayBook that aren't appearing on BB World for the z10!!!! and viceversa!

These are times when deciding to leave BBRY is a lot easier than in January
    That right there is the finest fragmentation in the industry.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    h20work likes this.
    06-28-13 08:18 AM
    I had the same surprise. Unfortunately the issue is with the developers, who ultimately decide what apps get targeted for which device in App World. In the portal, you select the target device and then that audience can see your app. If they don't select PlayBook, PlayBook users don't see it.

Many developers upload a different file and then charge a second time. For example, Gameloft has been doing this a lot lately. I had many games on the PlayBook, but I'd have to buy them about if I wanted them on the Z10
    06-28-13 08:29 AM
    I listened to the call. They said they will continue to support and update the existing PlayBook OS, which I presume would mean Bridge and maybe some other features that can work between the two OS'. But as for transplanting the existing BB10 onto the playbook, apparently the results weren't up to snuff, so instead of wasting time on a product that doesn't sell they wanted to divert the resources to other areas, as they should.

If they don't update the Bridge app at least, though, that's some scumbag ish.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    06-28-13 08:41 AM
    06-28-13 08:41 AM
    I listened to the call. They said they will continue to support and update the existing PlayBook OS, which I presume would mean Bridge and maybe some other features that can work between the two OS'. But as for transplanting the existing BB10 onto the playbook, apparently the results weren't up to snuff, so instead of wasting time on a product that doesn't sell they wanted to divert the resources to other areas, as they should.

Posted via CB10
    I think the point is that they made another promise and then broke it. My personal expectations were that BB10 was coming to the PlayBook because they said it would be. I didnt buy a full touch, large screen phone as a result of this expectation. Now I'm stuck with a Q10 (which I love, don't get me wrong) and a PlayBook that I will be replacing with a more full-featured tablet like an iPad Mini.

It's a real shame. I'm on the side of logic that says you shouldn't make decisions based on unfounded expectations, but when a company says something, and says "we're past the old ways of making a promise and not following through" then you take that into consideration.

Disappointing news today overall. Sad to see this company still can't get their act together.
    m1a1mg, JeepBB, h20work and 2 others like this.
    06-28-13 09:15 AM
    Just ****ty news all around for BlackBerry today unfortunately. Will be tough for the BlackBerry employees to enjoy their long weekend after this news. I can't believe such few BB10 handsets have been sold, i've been seeing them all over the place in Toronto.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 09:24 AM
    Would love to have the problems with the PB fixed. But to tell you the truth, I haven't touched it in the three months I've had my Z10.

Still though, it hurts to be lied to....again! so i understand your feelings as expressed here.
    06-28-13 09:24 AM
    In case you were just born, this is almost exclusively the reason why app developers don't write apps for BlackBerry devices. If you write an app for a BB device there is virtually no chance it will work properly on any device introduced after you write your app; additionally, if you upgrade the OS (even a minor release), there is a chance apps stop working, and last year there was a time when upgrades to app word also broke apps on monthly basis.

No one is going to maintain 80 different versions of an app for such a small audience. Without a BB10 upgrade to PB, there will be almost no app development for it, and you might as well use it as a photo gallery.
    06-28-13 09:50 AM
    Probably would have helped to lock it down after your post
    06-28-13 09:53 AM
    Christ, I even remember that as recent as 6-12 months ago, people who came here for advice on what tablet to get, was told to "get the Playbook, cause as an added bonus, it'll be updated to BB10 next year!"

A few of us tried to warn people that it was far from a sure deal, esp. with Blackberrys/RIMs history, but were told that we were trolls/haters/sheep etc.

And to make matters worse , a year ago, when. Blackberry made these promises, it should have been clear that QNX was way to memory-hogging and hardware intensive to run properly on the Playbook...
    06-28-13 10:00 AM
    you mean drag it out LONGER than they did ?
    JeepBB and richardat like this.
    06-28-13 10:39 AM
    BBRY let my pb go. Unlock it please.
    06-28-13 10:42 AM
    Nice. I really appreciate being lied to.
    needforbbx likes this.
    06-28-13 11:02 AM
    Now we know why those various BB region tweets were deleted saying that BB10 was coming to the PB. It is concerning that all facets of the company are not communicating, unless this decision was made just prior to today.
    06-28-13 11:11 AM
    Well, BB made it easier for me. They first decided to launch BB10 mainly for consumer (scr3w you enterprise user). Now, when sales are not expected as hoped, they suddenly shift to enterprise user. I am (was) a BB enterprise user, but got tired asking my company to install BES10, so dropped my 9930 for iPhone 5 and are actually very pleased (and IOS7 is on it;s way!!!) and happy. Now my PB is going to get out the door and either root it(??) or replace with Nexus.
    BB, you do NOT deserve to be in business!!
    People - my advice is to dump BB for Apple or Android - your future is more certain and secure.
    06-28-13 11:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    Presume - yea like 'presume' BB10 will also come to PB.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-28-13 11:42 AM
    Now we know why those various BB region tweets were deleted saying that BB10 was coming to the PB. It is concerning that all facets of the company are not communicating, unless this decision was made just prior to today.
    Anyone familiar with corporate structure should be able to grasp how something like this could happen. We know from browser detection that there are, in fact, multiple versions of BB10 for the Playbook. So naturally, people lower on the totem pole probably thought it would be released at some point. But instead, some exec, maybe Thor, killed it. It might not even turn out that bad though. Who knows, maybe we will get the updates that the PB needs. The UI is fine, just needs keyboard, browser and a few other things. So we'll see
    06-28-13 11:48 AM
    I wonder if there will be any threads telling people to boycott blackberry by dumping their playbook. You know, similar to the "let's dump netflix because they won't make us an app" thread. This was more egregious since they said it was coming. I'm sure we won't have those kinds of threads because that would be silly
    h20work, JeepBB, Saiga and 3 others like this.
    06-28-13 12:07 PM
    Gee, I actually feel kind of bad for the guy who bought my PB on eBay a couple of months ago, even though at the time I thought he got a good deal.
    06-28-13 01:25 PM
35 12