People will see blackberry 10 as uniform, consistent, creative, professional, AND fun, which no doubt beats android simple "fun" image. You wouldn't see many professionals using an android device.
    I see more and more execs in my company trashing their BlackBerry and buying Android. I would say it is swaying heavily toward iOS and Android in our corporate environment.

I use Android most of the time back to the G1. Android offers a totally unrestricted experience along with the Google ecosystem (Google apps/market). Market apps are plentiful and many!

iOS is slightly more restricting but still offers an ecosystem (iCloud, iTunes)and large app store.

Heck WP7 even has it's own ecosystem with all of Microsoft's offerings.

BlackBerry however struggles in this regard and is why it is trading at $11.82 per share right now.
    05-07-12 04:37 PM
    Android is good because its opensource. There is no one telling you you can or cannot do this or that. That leads to a large community of developers and hacker & crackers. One thing no other OS will touch is how much you can customize android. If you check out the XDA forum you will see just how much there is to do there. Apple and Blackberry will never reach that level of custumization because 1. Apple's anal uptight about no letting you do want you want. They like drones that do as thier told. 2. Rim has to be secure and naturally that limits things. Plus the phone manufactures are giving android customers the coding to unlock bootloaders so they can root and do what they want to the phones. So most tinkerers will still love android. The masses that dont want to know how things work will go with apple. And the poeple who want to communicate and maybe get stuff done will go with Blackberry.
    jrwarren likes this.
    05-07-12 04:40 PM
    Everyone is making very good points and I am looking at what everyone is sending their posts from and I see people say that Windows 8 and RT tabs will do better than BB10 and they sent it from a Lumia 900 and same goes for android users saying android wont fall sending from android...i will try to keep it simple and everyone is entitled to their own opinion and what they enjoy using...no OS is the best nor right for everyone! iPhone offers a simple yet very advanced system offering many apps to use...android offers customization and apps...BB10 is still far too early to compare to any other OS that has been on the market for years...yes from early previews and leaks (which leaks we dont know will be final product) BB10 sure does look very sleek and RIM really is investing a lot into development of apps for BB10...Cascades I have heard is very simple and powerful to use! even read its easier to develop than using iOS system...but that also doesnt mean developers will adopt the new OS...every company rises and falls in time...only a select few in the world have been able to reign supreme for generations (coke, nike,etc) Apple realistically has only been a powerful company for what 6 years? android is also extremely young...consumers typically listen to what representatives tell them except for the techies who know stuff...

so to say BB10 will overtake android or ios or anything is far-fetched to even say at this point as we have no hardware to compare or no full OS to review...RIM may release an extreme powerhouse phone which actually does blow away the competition and get the developers backing them then BB10 absolutely can turn things around for RIM and if the media starts saying good things about RIM then ppl will maybe start realizing that apple isnt the be all and end all in the mobile space (i went from iphone to bold 9900 and can respect both systems) one thing i can say is that if i had a BlackBerry with the major apps the ios has and the new BB10 os that system offers security, games, productivity, reliability and all that good stuff then BB definitely has a fighting chance!

apple was near bankrupt and considered dead when microsoft gave them some money to rebuild and now look where apple is...RIM isnt bankrupt and have numerous powerful companies under their name (QNX, TAT, JayCut, Tungle, etc) they have the resources and now have all the pieces to put together an extremely competitive system...not to forget about the simplicity like apple has...RIM will have BB10 Phone and BB10 tablet as users can have the same experience throughout...

too early to completely tell as apple and android (mainly samsung) have the mobile market on lock right now...but people whos contracts are up may be curious and move to BB10 and all it takes is satisfied customers with positive media feedback and then the word of mouth begins and then the building of a new empire!

I am rooting for RIM as a canadian and i am loving Bold 9900, i respect all OS' and see the power of each and each have their respective benefits...we will have to wait and see what RIM and BB10 brings to the table as their benefits over other OS'

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-07-12 04:43 PM
    No doubt OP, BB10 will blow android clean out of the water and the debris will go into orbit
    05-07-12 04:46 PM
    All due respect but this all sounds very similar to when the Storm was first released, when the playbook was first released, and when BB6 was first released. Sure they may be putting their all into BB10, But its still just a few demos here and there until we see the phone and final OS actually released.
    Last edited by Moonbaseone; 05-07-12 at 07:33 PM.
    05-07-12 04:56 PM
    I mean this is a hugely guesstimate you have here OP. BB10 isn't even out yet, but you think it can take over Android? I admit it is fragmented and open source as you can get, which is dangerous, but even with all that Android has surpassed every bit of any other branded OS out there. Yes, even Apple......Samsung themselves overtook Apple...so, I think you are reaching for the sky and grabbing nothing but cold/brisk air.

With that said, I think BB can remain competitive ......with themselves and maybe competing more so with Windows, but I definitely don't see them competing with Android or Apple. Android will get better with time IMO.

I say that with the intentions of maybe coming back to BB as I really do miss my physical keyboard, but won't be till a BB10 QWERTY comes out. Till then I am content, but hoping BB really does step up their game.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
    Premium1 likes this.
    05-07-12 04:57 PM
    Short response: LOL.

But I do hope bb10 does something cool, innovation is good for all platforms.

Webos is pretty cool, looks like bb10 mimicked a few things but ultimately the exact same problem exists NO ECOSYSTEM.

I haven't bothered to boot webos since I installed android on my touchpad, no reason to.
    05-07-12 05:12 PM
    in a few years anything can happen but if you think it will in the first or even 2nd year i can find many bridges for sale
    Moonbase0ne likes this.
    05-07-12 05:19 PM
    Eh I honestly don't see why people say iPhones & Androids aren't "business" phones.
    I mean, yeah; Blackberry is more suitable LOOKING for business, but I know way more
    people with iPhones & Androids who are in the business world, than those with a Blackberry.

Just saying.

As far as it being better than Android, hm that's a hit or miss in my opinion.
    You'll have the faithful BB users who say they love it & it's better, but then you'll also have everybody else who will just think BB10 is a knock-off generic version of iPhone & Android combined lol.

We'll just have to see how it does when the phones are released.
    I just hope they make a 4G BB10 device for Sprint. 3G in my area is horrible.

Also, whoever comes with the prices for the Blackberries should really consider dropping them.
    Why do they cost more than Androids and some iPhones? That's ridiculous & I also think that's
    a contributing factor to why they don't sell that much. People figure "why get a $250 Blackberry when I can get this android with a better camera, more apps, nice feel and look for $99?" But again, this is just my opinion lol.
    Last edited by antheauxny; 05-07-12 at 05:40 PM.
    Premium1 likes this.
    05-07-12 05:28 PM
    I disagree with people who say it's too late.
    Are you saying that if in 3 years, some unheard of company develops a 5mm thick phone, no one will buy it because android and apple dominate the market?
    People just want something new. That's why RIM will innovate with bb10, bringing a ton of NEW features to the competition so that people will say wow, give me a blackberry, my iPhone can't do that. It's a constant roll over roll of competitiveness. RIM will learn from iOS and android, then Android will learn from RIM and apple, then apple will learn from RIM and android, and so on.
    You seriously think people are buying Android phones because they're thinner? Lol.
    Premium1 likes this.
    05-07-12 05:37 PM
    BlackBerry beat Android! Thanks for the laugh. When you wake up, don't forget to take out the trash.
    05-07-12 05:39 PM
    Are you saying that if in 3 years, some unheard of company develops a 5mm thick phone, no one will buy it because android and apple dominate the market?
    People just want something new. That's why RIM will innovate with bb10, bringing a ton of NEW features to the competition so that people will say wow, give me a blackberry, my iPhone can't do that. It's a constant roll over roll of competitiveness. RIM will learn from iOS and android, then Android will learn from RIM and apple, then apple will learn from RIM and android, and so on.
    I agree...partially.
    It's most certainly not too late, BUT just like you say RIM can come up with new ideas...
    so can Android & iPhone. So that is pretty..irrelevant, to this "argument."
    Who's to say the iPhone 5 won't come with a lot of new things we've never seen before?
    Same with future Androids.

Nobody knows what BB10 will be. We can only go off of what little screenshots we've seen.
    You guys can compare it to the Playbook OS all you want, it's understandable, but just because it works well
    for the Playbook, doesn't mean it will do wonders for an actual phone like everyone is hinting at.
    05-07-12 05:45 PM
    It is hard to knock Android out they have Android phones as low as $59.99
    about 30 different models at any giving time and are in every single carrier prepaid/contract.
    Android will def edge out Apple/BB/WP7 by a lot more come this Q2 and Q3.
    Yes BB10 will be one of the greatest OS to date, but to say is gonna beat Android
    the first year is not rational
    05-07-12 06:14 PM
    It seems just a tad premature to announce the death of Android at the hands of BB10 when we have only a sketchy idea of what BB10 will be like.

The much more interesting race will be between BB10 and WP8, for third place. Even though WP7 is way behind BBOS at the present time, WP7 is at least a running start for WP8, and the app selection is decent. On the other hand, we have to expect BBOS to continue to fall between now and BB10 launch, and we just don't know what apps will be there when it does appear. There's a real, and distressing, possibility that the OS will get positive reviews but the app selection will be too thin to give the OS any momentum.

I know RIM is working on that right now, but there's just no way to predict how it will turn out.
    Premium1 likes this.
    05-07-12 06:24 PM
    It seems just a tad premature to announce the death of Android at the hands of BB10 when we have only a sketchy idea of what BB10 will be like.
    This is especially ironic on a forum where some are quick to complain that the media/analysts have already begun to predict RIM's death.
    southlander likes this.
    05-07-12 06:30 PM
    I love BlackBerry, but until blackberrey and windows has 48 fart apps you can download for free, its not even a close second to android or ios.

It'll be a race between blackberry and windows.

hope I'm wrong and they do take off like wild fire.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    05-07-12 06:49 PM
    You seriously think people are buying Android phones because they're thinner? Lol.
    What are you talking about? Never said anything about the size of the devices.
    05-07-12 07:09 PM
    If people want something new why does the iphone continue to sell like crazy each and every year? Maybe in a few years bb will come close to android but to say it will beat android without even seeing the actual OS or any actual retail devices is jumping a little far ahead. How about wait until RIM releases a bb10 device and then debate this, because right now if you are just going by the alpha device( which isn't even bb10) it's not a finished product. I hope RIM hits it out of the park with bb10 but I just think it will be hard to get people to switch just like how people are not adopting wp because of windows mobile and bad name recognition. Plus look how many big corporations ditched bb for iphones and androids, so to say iphones and android aren't for business and corporations is foolish.
    Last edited by d-backs1; 05-07-12 at 07:29 PM.
    05-07-12 07:27 PM
    I think people also need to remember that just because you saw Android on your friends, neighbors, cousin's, aunts phone, doesn't mean it works and operates the same on another phone. Because of the various skins, Android 4.0.x looks and works a little differently on a Samsung phone as opposed to a HTC phone, for example. Sure, they may be the same ICS OS, but different hardware and different skins make them, different.

I will say, i have seen some features in ICS that were just as impressives as what's being shown in BB10. The only difference is, the ICS features are closer to actually being finished and released.

I would also be curious to find out how may people have acutally used the latest versions of Android, iOS, and Windows before they make the decision that BB10 will be/is, the BEST OS EVER.

I would also be curious to know how many people who actually put down Blackberry 7 have actually used it.

just my $0.02.
    Last edited by Moonbaseone; 05-07-12 at 07:40 PM.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-07-12 07:36 PM
    I think people also need to remember that just because you saw Android on your friends, neighbors, cousin's, aunts phone, doesn't mean it works and operates the same on another phone. Because of the various skins, Android 4.0.x looks and works a little differently on a Samsung phone as opposed to a HTC phone, for example. Sure, they may be the same ICS OS, but different hardware and different skins make them, different.

I will say, i have seen some features in ICS that were just as impressives as what's being shown in BB10. The only difference is, the ICS features are closer to actually being finished and released.

I would also be curious to find out how may people have acutally used the latest versions of Android, iOS, and Windows before they make the decision that BB10 will be/is, the BEST OS EVER.

I would also be curious to know how many people who actually put down Blackberry 7 have actually used it.

just my $0.02.
    Well if bb10 impresses I will try it out and let you know. I have used a samsung galaxy nexus( stock android 4.0, iphone 4s IOS 5, htc trophy wp7 and also older versions of bb on the storm and curve so I have a pretty decent usage of each OS)
    05-07-12 08:01 PM
    It is hard to knock Android out they have Android phones as low as $59.99
    Last I checked... the top end Android phones that are the highest price in handsets are the biggest sellers. Samsung alone has been at or near the top in sales during the last couple quarters with their high end SGS and Galaxy Nexus lines with a high price point.

Yeah sure, there are budget priced android devices. However, at 850,000 Android devices activated per day on average, and the budget devices accounting for a minority of those devices, you really can't attribute their success simply to budget devices.
    Premium1 likes this.
    05-07-12 08:14 PM
    I'd say it is going to take time for any of this to possibly come to fruition. What percentage of Android device activations are low end units compared to high end? It will be some time before RIM releases a low end BB10 device or demotes the high end to low end, especially since they are waiting on a processor that isn't available yet. BB7 will be the low end. Android OEM still release low spec'd devices running old versions of Android. Samsung has phones covering the low to the high end. They aren't selling more high end smartphones than Apple, just more smartphones over the entire offering. BB10 will only be competing directly with the iPhone5, and high end Android devices (mainly the Samsung Galaxy line as HTC, and Moto are getting waxed on the high end by Samsung), leaving Android and older iPhones a lot of the low end smartphone buyers. There are too many cheap bastards and app pirates out there who don't think you should pay for apps for Android to go away.
    05-07-12 08:17 PM
    If RIM delivers on time.
    If the carriers are on board and push BB10.
    If enough key apps get on BB10.
    .... etc and so on ...

I'd guess RIM has a shot at coming back to say 20% share in the NA market within a couple of years. But "beat" Android? No, I do not think so -- not in the short or medium term.

But there's a wildcard that could change things a lot:

QNX's presence in verticals like the automotive industry. We have yet to see how well BB10 can leverage any of that. If you start seeing cool new tech in cars that only works with BB10 devices that could be huge. Huge.
    CDM76 likes this.
    05-07-12 08:18 PM
    OP are you basing your theories on what product? BB10 is in alpha stages without you ever touching the device yet you used some unstated android phones. You probably don't even know what they were. People have to realize that BB10 has to compete with Android 4.5/5.0 and iOS 5 with QNX app market in infant stages. Windows phone is having a really tough time penetrating the market and they were introduced 2 years ago.
    Last edited by darkmanx2g; 05-07-12 at 08:27 PM.
    Premium1 likes this.
    05-07-12 08:24 PM
    Like ur thought pattern.....n u make a very sensible argument....I swear allegiance to no OS or brand..if u give me what I want i will buy ur product...i ve a n8(relegated),n9..got it cos i wanted to see what Nokia gonna do with Meego,bb torch 9810...(dats lame )..and a galaxy s2....if bb 10 offers some cool features maybe i get one..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    05-07-12 08:26 PM
271 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD