I'm not sure if anyone agrees with me here but ill just throw it out there.
    I used a couple of my friend's android phones (one was low end, the other was high end) and although Android is nice and customizable, it's really not that spectacular...
    It lags frequently, and when scrolling through different menus, it's no where as smooth as the Playbook (which will basically be the same as bb10) . I think people buy the iPhone cause the OS is pretty nice, but others only buy android to be different than the main streem or cause android was marketed with a more "fun" look to it, with the green little robot.
    People will see blackberry 10 as uniform, consistent, creative, professional, AND fun, which no doubt beats android simple "fun" image. You wouldn't see many professionals using an android device.
    IOS may still beat out BlackBerry 10, for a while anyway, but Android should be pretty scared right about now. I find that the Playbook is alot more fun to use than the iPad anyway, with all of the unique screen gestures.
    Plus, recent articles about iOS have pointed out that they haven't changed much in its 5 years of life, so maybe something new (BB10) will pull over some customers.
    Just my thoughts
    05-07-12 03:07 PM
    not even close...
    05-07-12 03:11 PM
    I'm not sure if anyone agrees with me here but ill just throw it out there.
    I used a couple of my friend's android phones (one was low end, the other was high end) and although Android is nice and customizable, it's really not that spectacular...
    It lags frequently, and when scrolling through different menus, it's no where as smooth as the Playbook (which will basically be the same as bb10) . I think people buy the iPhone cause the OS is pretty nice, but others only buy android to be different than the main streem or cause android was marketed with a more "fun" look to it, with the green little robot.
    People will see blackberry 10 as uniform, consistent, creative, professional, AND fun, which no doubt beats android simple "fun" image. You wouldn't see many professionals using an android device.
    IOS may still beat out BlackBerry 10, for a while anyway, but Android should be pretty scared right about now. I find that the Playbook is alot more fun to use than the iPad anyway, with all of the unique screen gestures.
    Plus, recent articles about iOS have pointed out that they haven't changed much in its 5 years of life, so maybe something new (BB10) will pull over some customers.
    Just my thoughts
    People buy Android because they come on every carrier at every price range in every form factor. It's not necessarily because of the operating system.
    05-07-12 03:13 PM
    No doubt.
    05-07-12 03:13 PM
    Without a major eco system BB10 will not attract Android or Apple users. These users have every app at their finger tips. Switching to BB would mean giving up alot.
    05-07-12 03:14 PM
    I don't think it's that simple. BB10 may be better than Android, but not see good adoption because of marketing, apps, carrier partnerships, or bad timing.

Android is a hot mess right now, but even a great release of BB10 isn't a guaranteed win.

Of course, RIM could truly innovate and become a market leader, but there's no sign of that happening.
    kenshaw likes this.
    05-07-12 03:20 PM
    I've used older Android phones that lagged and newer ones that didn't. Depends on the phone and the OS.

Just curious, how long do you think it well take BB10 to to pass up Android once BB10 is released, assuming it will?
    sledhead800 likes this.
    05-07-12 03:20 PM
    I don't know a timeframe, I'm not familiar with how long those types of things take. It all depends on the releases of bb10 as well as new Android phones and OS's. Innovation us obviously in RIM's mind, look at blackberry world. Features that have never even been discussed before. Also, they will have a rich ecosystem of apps....don't you remember the money incentive for creating quality apps with cascades? Keep in mind these are just my thoughts, I'm not saying I'm right. It's all opinion.
    05-07-12 03:25 PM
    I don't think Android is a hot mess. You can always avoid a bad Android by just picking the other largely equivalent Android on your carrier.

Back in mid-late 2010 things were a bit messy, but I can't really say it's messy now.

But bitter people will always overexaggerate.

Don't think BB10 is beating Android or iOS. Sometimes you're just too late. They needed BB10 over a year ago. I think even Microsoft will be able to overcome them now that Windows Tablets are coming out later this year. That's another massive failure that cost them - the Playbook - for that matter.

They have no ecosystem and by now it's a bit late to try to play catchup.
    05-07-12 03:26 PM
    I've used older Android phones that lagged and newer ones that didn't. Depends on the phone and the OS.

Just curious, how long do you think it well take BB10 to to pass up Android once BB10 is released, assuming it will?
    I don't see how it possibly could. Passing WP7 would be a more realistic goal.
    Premium1 likes this.
    05-07-12 03:30 PM
    I am not jumping to any conclusion until I try a BB10 device. RIM is either going to hit a home run or strike out with it. I haven't forgotten the storm series and how well that worked. I think RIM Will hit a home run. but nut just totally convinced. This is the reason I believe RIM is taking their time releasing BB10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Yoox_II, sledhead800 and Cesare21 like this.
    05-07-12 03:30 PM
    Bb 10 is new but Android is tested and getting better with each new release....yes...some old Android lag but the new high end ones (HTC one x,galaxy s3) even the galaxy s2 would blow anything bb 10 has up it's sleeves...not to even mention the app strength...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Premium1 and Yaceka like this.
    05-07-12 03:33 PM
    By "beating Android", you're suggesting RIM will outsell HTC, Motorola, Sony, LG, Samsung, etc. combined. I really don't think that's happening.
    Premium1 and deezy87 like this.
    I don't see how it possibly could. Passing WP7 would be a more realistic goal.
    That won't be too hard, since WP7 isn't selling. However, I expect WP8 and Windows RT tablets to sell.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    I disagree with people who say it's too late.
    Are you saying that if in 3 years, some unheard of company develops a 5mm thick phone, no one will buy it because android and apple dominate the market?
    People just want something new. That's why RIM will innovate with bb10, bringing a ton of NEW features to the competition so that people will say wow, give me a blackberry, my iPhone can't do that. It's a constant roll over roll of competitiveness. RIM will learn from iOS and android, then Android will learn from RIM and apple, then apple will learn from RIM and android, and so on.
    05-07-12 03:34 PM
    You definitely drank the RIM Koolaid.
    Yaceka likes this.
    05-07-12 03:40 PM
    My head hurts right now trying to keep up with this analogy.
    05-07-12 03:42 PM
    I am personally a big fan of Android and also a lover of BlackBerry; so I don't think that BB10 necessarily has to/will beat out the Android sales or the brand itself (though I definitely do respect the OP's opinion! ). People will see a full touch-screen device for BlackBerry; so the two platforms will now offer a device whose hardware is now comparable in that regard. I think it all comes down to the consumer and what he or she wants in a phone. An Android will work well for business purposes; and perhaps a BlackBerry 10 device (if more apps are installed for the device/App World, for example) would work as a device with more/improved gaming/app capabilities.

I guess we will have to wait and see what happens when BB10 hits stores; but I personally do not consider BlackBerry 10 crushing Android or vice versa. They're both gorgeous phones with awesome benefits.
    Thunderbuck and Yoox_II like this.
    05-07-12 03:50 PM
    I agree. Android is very vulnerable.

The majority of android users have no idea they are even using android.

They are buying a cell phone and many who buy android are because thats what many carriers are pushing and when 8/10 phones at any given store are andriod its obviously most people will end up with it. It wouldn't take much for android to fall from its current growth pace or market share. If I were google I'd be working on a way to actually make direct money from handset sales with their acquisition of motorola.
    Geeoff and xiaohuaxing like this.
    05-07-12 03:53 PM
    I am personally a big fan of Android and also a lover of BlackBerry; so I don't think that BB10 necessarily has to/will beat out the Android sales or the brand itself (though I definitely do respect the OP's opinion! ). People will see a full touch-screen device for BlackBerry; so the two platforms will now offer a device whose hardware is now comparable in that regard. I think it all comes down to the consumer and what he or she wants in a phone. An Android will work well for business purposes; and perhaps a BlackBerry 10 device (if more apps are installed for the device/App World, for example) would work as a device with more/improved gaming/app capabilities.

I guess we will have to wait and see what happens when BB10 hits stores; but I personally do not consider BlackBerry 10 crushing Android or vice versa. They're both gorgeous phones with awesome benefits.
    Very true. Thanks for the honest and useful opinion
    05-07-12 03:53 PM
    I am not jumping to any conclusion until I try a BB10 device. RIM is either going to hit a home run or strike out with it. I haven't forgotten the storm series and how well that worked. I think RIM Will hit a home run. but nut just totally convinced. This is the reason I believe RIM is taking their time releasing BB10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    I agree! And I especially love your baseball analogy! Maybe BB10 will hit a grand slam!
    05-07-12 03:55 PM
    Yes it is fun to use, I agree. If they get the you know what to come they have a chance to do pretty darn well.
    05-07-12 03:56 PM
    Very true. Thanks for the honest and useful opinion
    Thank you! You're so nice!
    05-07-12 03:58 PM
    I think BB10 enjoys some definite technical advantages over both iOS and Android, not the least of which is that it's newer and fresher. RIM is essentially starting from scratch, and there are things you can do without having a clean sheet of paper that you just can't do with a legacy OS.

The OS is being built with a very careful eye toward resource management, and is based on a kernal that is roundly praised for stability and security.

Fortunately BB10 also offers excellent portability, too, and that should prove a stronger drawing card that anything Windows Phone has to offer.
    05-07-12 04:14 PM
    To make this a short thread, I would simply say that anyone who believes there is a strong possiblity of this happening should transfer a sizeable portion of their 401k into RIMM at < $12.

Dont take this the wrong way, I simply believe in courage of your own convictions.. if you think its gonna happen, buy some stock ..its certainly cheap enough!.... in my case, I completely ignored all market advice, analysts, opinions, commentary and went against the advice of my broker to buy into AMZN at ~$30 in a falling market in 2000.. and yes, I still have the stock, though I halved out at $120.
    05-07-12 04:21 PM
271 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD