That's a Nexus S. This video is comparing browsers with devices that released in 2010. The 9900 released in the middle of 2011 and is still not better.

The OS 7 browser is the best BB browser to date (On BBOS, not counting the PB).
    Holy Cr*p your right! Yeah it is a Nexus! I mixed up a different video sorry guys. It was tough finding a video that didn't have some guy blabbing for 10 minutes at the beginning.

Anyway my personal experience is that I'm happy with the 9900. Not blown away but happy. When I'm using the 9900 next to an iPhone I don't feel speed is an issue. The iPhone browser is more fluid but not something I'm gonna obsess about.
    06-27-12 04:58 PM
    I've seen that. From the feature list, it looks like a great browser.

Dolphin is beta, BB10 is beta... guess we'll see who's the winner when they're released. I personally don't care too much about HTML5 scores - it's good to have a more future-proofed browser, but how many people actually use HTML5 very often? Not many. Heck, the standard is still under development. If anybody chooses a browser (be it Dolphin OR BB10's) based purely on HTML5 tests has issues if you ask me.
    06-27-12 06:05 PM
    hmm they claim 450 with HTML5Test & yet HTML5Test doesn't mention them...
    The HTML5 test - How well does your browser support HTML5? - Tablets
    The HTML5 test - How well does your browser support HTML5? - Mobiles
    I'm sure they have to either register their browser or get a certain number of views with their browser. It's still new obviously and I'm guessing if the 450 is right it'll show up eventually.
    06-27-12 06:11 PM
    The major reason that there is a difference is compression on the BlackBerry. The BB uses roughly 1/4 of the data that I phone and 1/5 of the data of Android. Enjoy the new limited data plans gang!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-27-12 06:16 PM
    I have access to the BB10 Dev alpha and the browser in its soooo fast. Way faster then the PB browser. Can't wait till the official release.
    06-27-12 06:36 PM
    I personally don't care too much about HTML5 scores - it's good to have a more future-proofed browser, but how many people actually use HTML5 very often? Not many. Heck, the standard is still under development.
    Plus, there's the standard and then there is the actual audience for whom you're writing your HTML5 site.

If there is some feature in the standard that renders correctly on a PB browser, but doesn't render correctly on Gingerbread or iOS5, then you won't use that part of the standard. It's that simple. No good developer or designer is going to make an HTML5 site that doesn't render correctly on the most popular browsers. That's how it has always worked even with HTML4 or earlier.

So on mobile devices, the built-in Gingerbread browser and the iOS5 browser ARE the de facto standard for mobile. That's how you design your site, and that's how you decided which parts of HTML5 you will actually use in your site or in your game or whatever.

So the standard score doesn't mean much of anything *unless* you are a popular browser. Otherwise it's just a stat for spec junkies to throw around.
    Last edited by app_Developer; 06-27-12 at 06:49 PM.
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    06-27-12 06:47 PM
    It's not true that it is just a number. Sights with repeated templates like blogs, forums and media will have features that are enabled on browsers that support those features and will simply not be available otherwise. Of course no one will write code if there is limited support, but if samsung OR safari OR android OR windows 8 can support something, then someone will develop for it and if BB10 also works, they'll turn it on for that as well.

Also, I believe much of BB10's UI simply renders HTML5 doesn't it?
    06-27-12 08:33 PM
    thats really my biggest complaint. the 2nd biggest complaint is simply screen size. If I'm using the web to check something I really would like to not have to scroll and zoom and all that to get around on the page. Another problem I have is the way the webpage displays on the phone as opposed to a computer. Just this past weekend I needed to check something for a client and could not. Had to call the wife at home to get on a pc and call the client back. Not good to me. I'm not a techie so i don't know the difference between this html5 and flash and all the stuff. I just know when something works and when it don't. Thats all I want is for it to just work. I too am worried about the BB10 browser. I hope it is up to what apple has or I may have to get something different. I guess I'm just tired of being so far behind the competition just because I love a blackberry phone that I have reached a breaking point.
    06-27-12 09:17 PM
    The major reason that there is a difference is compression on the BlackBerry. The BB uses roughly 1/4 of the data that I phone and 1/5 of the data of Android. Enjoy the new limited data plans gang!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    And yet the OS 7 bb browser is slow....and annoyingly choppy and imprecise when it comes to swiping around on the screen to move about on a webpage, i.e. when you're looking for the sign-off clickable area in the corner of your banking web site. On graphically intensive websites anyway, BofA being notoriously annoying for me.
    06-28-12 08:05 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD