This is it, nothing against BB I love them a lot but currently I have a Torch and I am not satisfied, my Bold fell in the water and...well that womps. Anyway, back to the point, if the BB10 does not come across as a promising phone of the future so that the BBX Bold can also be promising, I think I am jumping ship again to Android, this time the Galaxy S 3.

I had the S2 and it was very good and I loved the thinness of the phone (there is something about slipping it into your front pocket and forgetting it that is just amazing) the Noah's Ark full of applications, the streamlined behavior of the device itself. It's the little things in life we love; such as the quick boot times, ability to install apps without rebooting or freezing up the phone, and the chance to use just about any app so you can have about 12 useful and or fun apps.

I haven't upgraded in 3 years because I have been satisfied with my berries, but now I feel there isn't much more BB can offer me at this point. I am looking for something else a bit more, it isn't you it's me. Whom else is considering BB10 as their last time with BB?
    06-06-12 12:50 AM
    BB10 Device1 and SGS3 have the same processor (Snapdragon S4).
    The SGS3 has 2GB of RAM vs BB10 1GB. I think Dalvik needs all the RAM it can get.
    06-06-12 12:54 AM
    BB10 will win the hearts of the masses. Research In Motion has the makings of being the corporate comeback kid.

I just hope they hurry.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    06-06-12 01:09 AM
    I'm not to concerned about specs because I know the S3 will be powerful as will BB10 after using the playbook. The only question is, will they pull together the OS like the playbook and release a solid experience? Then once that is had, will they release the London aka the new Bold? I feel RIM may have the inferior victual keyboard, I have yet to be impressed by a virtual keyboard and RIM's has been the least impressive.

It isn't even about apps really, because I feel most app games aren't fun and I might get a 3DS to cover fun games once Smash Brothers is released. But, I am just tired of waiting. I hope RIM gets it right, I don't wanna jump ship but at the same time I have been here for years, just sinking
    06-06-12 10:09 AM
    do you really think that typing on a touchscreen is good? do you seriously think its better then typing on a physical keypad. if so you need to get real, a touchscreen doesn't stimulate the one major sense that the human body has and that is the sense of touch.

i've read that apple built the iphone around the sense of touch, but logically the sense of touch is not that we can touch things but that we are able to really feel when we are touched or touch something, what sort of feel do you have pressing a flat screen? does your body register the clicking of the keys on a touchscreen? simple aanswer is no, sure you are able to hear the digital clicking and see the digital key but it is not the same response as actually clickign the keys on a keypad now does the body register it the same or as quickly.

anyone that has use the BOLD 9900 should agree with me that the keypad is absolutly incredible the typing experiense with it is superb and far beats ahy other keypad out there, and that includes apples touchscreen, which is what fanboys claim is the best touchscreen.

i hope RIM doesn't just go the way of the touchscreen, they need to keep their prized keypads around, there really is nothing better and i will argue this point until i'm dead
    06-06-12 09:19 PM
    I feel ya OP. I have the BB tour and am seriously considering purchasing the S3 when it comes out since I've been due for an upgrade for awhile. I hate to do it bc a physical keyboard like BB is a must for me, but RIM NEEDS to give us some type of info on their future phones besides this stupid touchscreen phone which stands NO chance against the S3 and Iphone 5. Like will a new BB10 phone have a physical keyboard and what it will look like and some clue to when it will be released? Are we looking at 2013? SOMETHING! There's been a ton of beautiful designs sent in for "dream BB phones" w physical keyboards and we are just left with these which is sad. BB just maybe too late to be saved and had they created the BB10 phones before S3 and Iphone 5 they would have stood a good chance, but even more loyal BB customers are fed up now and will leave to go to android or iphone.

And I'm flat out angry at RIM for the last Bold phone for *VERIZON*. This phone could have carried me over until the BB10 devices were out, but I declined bc it had no 4g and no auto-focus on the camera (how behind on technology are you to not have this simple feature!? It's simply pathetic...), both of which are dealbreakers.

Sorry just had to vent bc I'm in the same situation as you and it makes me upset that BB is losing valuable customers like us because they are so behind in technology and leaving us in the dark.
    06-06-12 10:24 PM
    do you really think that typing on a touchscreen is good?
    People have been doing so successfully for quite a while now.
    cckgz4 likes this.
    06-06-12 10:42 PM
    I'll admit the Bold is the best keyboard that I have ever used on a phone, however, the Torch series and curve are cramping my style, literally.

And yes, as he pointed out, I don't know if you are a hippie or 60 years old, but people have been typing on touch screens for a while....in fact the new BB will be all touch.

But it is so more than being a phone now. IT is about how easily you can upload things to a facebook, apps for fun, games you can play with people, even skype or netflix, and the ability to use hdmi.

It almost comes down to the point where I need two devices to do things, my Torch and then something else because BB can only do one tihng...and that is business. Sometimes websites refuse to play, even on my PLAYbook....WTF

And yeah, stop leaving us in the dark, you don't have to be braggarts about it or pull an Apple and make nothing seem like it is special, but come the fudge on...give us something to talk about to others, to the haters, give us hope, give us logic, give us reason.

Every day that SGS3 looks better and better
    06-14-12 02:08 AM
    The S3 is almost out. Sounds like you might be happier with it.

BlackBerry 10 will be what it will be at this point. No amount of pleading will change it.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-14-12 02:53 AM
    BB10 Device1 and SGS3 have the same processor (Snapdragon S4).
    The SGS3 has 2GB of RAM vs BB10 1GB. I think Dalvik needs all the RAM it can get.
    No. We don't know what processor the first BB10 device will have - it may be the OMAP5. We also don't know how much RAM it will have. Finally, SGS3 only has 2GB RAM in NA, it's 1GB elsewhere I believe. So much misinformation...
    06-14-12 06:42 AM
    I am a BB user for many, many years... A faithful proponent of their platform, even when many others have moved on to other things...

That said, If BB doesn't get their act together and release the damn phone already, there won't be enough people left to buy it who didn't already upgrade to the SGS3 or something else.

Or, if BB really misses the ball and doesn't beat iphone 5 to market, there won't be ANYONE left to buy it.

Mind you, I am a full fledged BB supporter who is still hanging on to my Torch, and it is working just fine for me thank you very much...

But... BB is out of time (IMHO) and if they don't release the damn phone already, they're done............
    06-16-12 02:39 AM
    I am a long time Blackberry loyalist. Blackberry does so many things better than other devices - especially those without dedicated keys. I still like the physical keyboard, and the trackpad, menu, back, and end buttons. I really hate it when I hit something on the Android and you have to hunt around all over the place to get back to it.

Also, Blackberry email, contacts, bbm, calendar, etc are first rate. Especially the integration of email, contacts and the phone. For those of us who still prize the communication aspects of a device, there still is no replacement.

My bro recently got a Droid tablet on 2.3.6. What a terrible experience. There is no consistency to anything in the user experience. Differnt keyboards layouts, different placements for buttons, etc.

I have an ipad3. I needed the app utility and i wanted the screen. But jeez, going in an out of apps through the freaking home button makes you want to kill yourself. The Playbook is a superior experience.

So, here is where i am. I can no longer use my Torch. It hangs, freezes, etc. No good GPS in it, no good Maps app, web surfing is still painful. It is off to Android for phone and Ipad for tablet -- for now.

I will be back then BB launches the 10. I hope that the new OS will attract the developers to get some of the key apps. Real stuff that we need to use - like a Navigation, Maps, and News reader. If it can do that - I am back. I will use the ipad for productivity.

So far, the BB10 looks great. I want one in Torch slide out form - because I hate virtual keyboards, but need a large screen.

Everyone has to upgrade eventually. BB10 will have a chance then if it can truely integrate with anothers ecosystem.

Ironically, the best bet is to get bought by Facebook or Amazon -- and create a 4th (after Google, MSFT, Apple) ecosystem.
    06-16-12 02:42 PM
    I feel BB has the best OS out too....but give me a bone every now and then ya know......I think I will try out the Galaxy S2 yes you read that right, not the S3.
    06-24-12 09:12 PM
    Just release something already.............
    06-24-12 11:20 PM
    i know..............
    08-17-12 10:42 PM
    People have been doing so successfully for quite a while now.
    Auto correct is a beautiful thing.
    08-18-12 12:47 AM
    i hope BB10 is a truelly global launch and not released in bits and pieces. my phone is nearly out of life and S3 is looking really good round about now! just hope BB10 phones Hv top notch specs, to MK The wait worthwhile.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9500
    08-18-12 01:50 AM
    I don't see how anyone can use an S3... I thought the S2 was large... the s3 is GINORMOUS!! It's only slightly smaller than a Note.
    08-18-12 04:19 AM
    I don't see how anyone can use an S3... I thought the S2 was large... the s3 is GINORMOUS!! It's only slightly smaller than a Note.
    I have girl hands and use the S3 quite easily. Even one handed.

It's not that hard.

5.3" compared to 4.8" is actually a big difference in the hand.

And wow does that sound dirty out of context.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-18-12 01:13 PM
    Still doesn't look like we'll be getting a Pearl/Small version
    08-19-12 03:22 AM
    Auto correct is a beautiful thing.
    I think you might have quoted the wrong person?

I have girl hands and use the S3 quite easily. Even one handed.

It's not that hard.

5.3" compared to 4.8" is actually a big difference in the hand.

And wow does that sound dirty out of context.
    You just sent me into a giggle fit in the gym lobby. Thanks .
    reeneebob likes this.
    08-19-12 03:30 PM
    Who, moi?

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    08-19-12 04:32 PM
    do you really think that typing on a touchscreen is good? do you seriously think its better then typing on a physical keypad. if so you need to get real, a touchscreen doesn't stimulate the one major sense that the human body has and that is the sense of touch.

i've read that apple built the iphone around the sense of touch, but logically the sense of touch is not that we can touch things but that we are able to really feel when we are touched or touch something, what sort of feel do you have pressing a flat screen? does your body register the clicking of the keys on a touchscreen? simple aanswer is no, sure you are able to hear the digital clicking and see the digital key but it is not the same response as actually clickign the keys on a keypad now does the body register it the same or as quickly.

anyone that has use the BOLD 9900 should agree with me that the keypad is absolutly incredible the typing experiense with it is superb and far beats ahy other keypad out there, and that includes apples touchscreen, which is what fanboys claim is the best touchscreen.

i hope RIM doesn't just go the way of the touchscreen, they need to keep their prized keypads around, there really is nothing better and i will argue this point until i'm dead
    Haptic technology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ETA: RIM rested on your exact sentiments for far too long and look where it got them. They were way to slow to accept that the majority of the mobile world now seeks a touch display. So what are they doing now? They're creating what could be the best touch keyboard we have ever seen. I can't wait.
    Last edited by pantlesspenguin; 08-19-12 at 06:16 PM.
    08-19-12 06:06 PM

I had the 9900 and yes, it's the best physical keyboard I've used. That said, I've gotten so used to typing on a touchscreen that I was actually slower on the 9900 by a considerable margin. It can be done.

There are some people who for whatever reason will never be comfortable typing on glass, yes, but to say that physical will always be superior isn't exactly a hard and fast truth.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-20-12 01:10 AM
    I can't get comfortable needing to use two hands to type/text on a phone. Doesn't matter if it's glass or keyboard -- the curve/bold/iphone/etc. might all be possible to do with one hand but it's not comfortable. I despise needing two hands to use the phone.

That's one of the main reasons I liked the Pearl form factor -- the typing was actually better for me, heh, or at least it seemed so when I used my friend's pearl 9100 for a bit (few weeks).
    08-20-12 01:20 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD