There is a difference. When people go on Iphone from, say, an Android phone, they are going to want to look for a way to sync their contacts through Google, but lo and behold they are not going to find it under the Google option, so it pisses them off, at least temporary. And then they most likely will go on Google search and they will find Microsoft Exchange as the solution to the problem.

Now. wouldn't that all be eliminated if Google had contacts in its settings? Would it have been hard. Even my BB can do that.

Furthermore, why is everyone attacking me for my opinions and real-life usage experiences?
    What you described was pretty simple.

And people aren't attacking, rather just questioning you. It's a forum discussion, after all.
    07-01-12 12:11 AM
    What you described was pretty simple.

And people aren't attacking, rather just questioning you. It's a forum discussion, after all.
    Not to my non-tech-savvy parents...

I'm just saying Apple should have made it easier for people to sync their contacts on Google, full-stop. Can that be an enough reason to get me to dislike Iphone, no?
    07-01-12 12:13 AM
    Now. wouldn't that all be eliminated if Google had contacts in its settings? Would it have been hard. Even my BB can do that.
    Apple is not on the best of terms with Google. Maybe they intentionally make it harder, who knows? Email them and maybe they can tell you why you have to use Exchange instead.

Furthermore, why is everyone attacking me for my opinions and real-life usage experiences?
    You claimed the iPhone couldn't do something that it clearly could, period. Then you were proven wrong, and you next step was to make the excuse that that option doesn't count because it is "not native". Do you know what native means? Exchange comes with the iPhone, it is native. No extra third-party software is needed. You login, and you are done. Native support.

You are spreading false information based on your opinion. The iPhone can sync Google Contacts. Exchange is native and Exchange counts as a reliable way to do this. It counts and it syncs. You are saying it doesn't count because of a personal opinion. Well, if you want to sync you Google account, and for everyone else who wants to, this sure as heck counts.

I understand your gripes with the Google setup section, but that doesn't take away the fact that Exchange works and works damn well.
    Last edited by avt123; 07-01-12 at 12:18 AM.
    07-01-12 12:16 AM
    Apple is not on the best of terms with Google. Maybe they intentionally make it harder, who knows? Email them and maybe they can tell you why you have to use Exchange instead.

You claimed the iPhone couldn't do something that it clearly could, period. Then you were proven wrong, and you next step was to make the excuse that that option doesn't count because it is "not native". Do you know what native means? Exchange comes with the iPhone, it is native. No extra third-party software is needed. You login, and you are done. Native.

You are spreading false information based on your opinion. The iPhone can sync Google Contacts. Exchange is native and Exchange counts as a reliable way to do this. It counts and it syncs. You are saying it doesn't count because of a personal opinion. Well, if you want to sync you Google account, and for everyone else who wants to, this sure as heck counts.

I understand your gripes with the Google setup section, but that doesn't take away the fact that Exchange works and works damn well.
    Come on, you had to use workaround to sync your Google Contacts? I mean, seriously, you are going to hound me for knocking Iphone this way?

I will make it clear to you: It can't sync to Google Contacts through a native Google option, at least not in the way people are used to on Windows, Android and BB.
    Last edited by Speedygi; 07-01-12 at 12:22 AM.
    07-01-12 12:19 AM
    Come on, you had to use workaround to sync your Google Contacts? I mean, seriously, you are going to hound me for knocking Iphone this way?
    Exchange is not a workaround. Exchange is a NATIVE OPTION. It is just a workaround to the Google option available. Even if the Google option did the same thing, syncing to Exchange is still native and not a system workaround. It is an OFFICIAL way to sync calendar, contacts and email.

I am not knocking you for knocking the Google account setup on the iPhone. I am laughing at the fact that you are saying Exchange isn't native and it doesn't count when it clearly does.

I will make it clear to you: It can't sync to Google Contacts through a native Google option, at least not in the way people are used to on Windows, Android and BB.
    I will make it clear for you, it can still be done through a native option. I already agreed with you on the Google setup being weird.

How many times are you doing to change this up though?

Iphones are crap, for sure. It can't even sync Google Contacts and it is the most widely used contact system. BB10 will save our lives literally, if not I will go Android or Windows Phone...
    Don't tell me you need Microsoft Exchange, that does not count...or a third party app. I mean, Native support....
    Exchange option does not count...Native support should be included on Iphone, given its popularity.
    This is ridiculous and you are just nitpicking. You say in a previous post that non tech savvy people might have a hard time figuring this out. I am sure people can Google... Well scratch that, you didn't.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    07-01-12 12:33 AM

It's not a workaround. It's unintuitive, and the procedure makes little sense, but it's not a workaround. Just uncharacteristically poor design.

More OT, the screen sharing looks cool, but that stuff did not save WebOS. I am not sure anyone is going to buy a BB10 phone because of the screen sharing. BB10 really needs some killer feature other than the ones demoed, because those features will seem obsolete by the time BB10 is released.
    07-01-12 12:36 AM
    Why can't I nitpick? Aren't people allowed to have their opinions around here?
    07-01-12 12:37 AM
    Why can't I nitpick? Aren't people allowed to have their opinions around here?
    There is a certain point when nitpicking over such a small thing is just ridiculous, especially when there is an option readily available. An option that is not a workaround. An option that has been known for years. An option that is native.

Whatever, at least you know how to sync your contacts now.
    07-01-12 12:42 AM
    There is a certain point when nitpicking over such a small thing is just ridiculous, especially when there is an option readily available. An option that is not a workaround. An option that has been known for years. An option that is native.

Whatever, at least you know how to sync your contacts now.
    Is it a small thing though, to you? To whom?
    07-01-12 12:45 AM
    To the majority of Google users on iOS because this is NOT a major complaint nor have I ever heard anyone complain about this before. People who want their Google account to sync gladly use Exchange and say nothing else about it. I didn't complain about it while using it. All the iPhone users with Google accounts that I know aren't complaining about it. I have never seen a forum post on iMore or any other iOS related forum complaining about this past the point till they find out there is a way to do it.

I'm done with this thread now. You now know iOS can sync Google Contacts, and how to do it. Enjoy.
    07-01-12 12:53 AM
    You must have no experience, and your logic does not fit with what you are claiming.

Sync Google Contacts? Google contacts are part of GMail, just like Hotmail, Yahoo, and any corporate email account setup through Exchange.

There are two options for syncing Google contacts on the iPhone. Native GMail support (which is IMAP) and setting it up as through Activesync (Exchange). The native GMail support (and it is labeled GMail in red letters) syncs contacts just fine. I prefer the Exchange option however.

RIM added Google contacts and other Google options because of popularity. You don't need special support through other platforms.

Your logic is flawed because you view the world using BB as the basis. Other platforms support GMail through the standard methods. For non-tech savvy people, you just have to Google search setting up GMail or Google Contacts on and you will find step by step instructions that take 30 seconds to complete.

Wow what a hijack that was not based in reality!

As far as email on both devices, that is subjective. I like rich HTML email that is not truncated and full attachments. Some like the BB experience.
    avt123 likes this.
    07-01-12 12:54 AM
    You must have no experience, and your logic does not fit with what you are claiming.

Sync Google Contacts? Google contacts are part of GMail, just like Hotmail, Yahoo, and any corporate email account setup through Exchange.

There are two options for syncing Google contacts on the iPhone. Native GMail support (which is IMAP) and setting it up as through Activesync (Exchange). The native GMail support (and it is labeled GMail in red letters) syncs contacts just fine. I prefer the Exchange option however.

RIM added Google contacts and other Google options because of popularity. You don't need special support through other platforms.

Your logic is flawed because you view the world using BB as the basis. Other platforms support GMail through the standard methods. For non-tech savvy people, you just have to Google search setting up GMail or Google Contacts on and you will find step by step instructions that take 30 seconds to complete.

Wow what a hijack that was not based in reality!

As far as email on both devices, that is subjective. I like rich HTML email that is not truncated and full attachments. Some like the BB experience.

Wow, it's kind of insulting that an honest complaint I have about the Iphone, at such a crucial point to find a friend on my address book, which made me switch back to my BB for an important conversation, got shot down like that. I'm astonished...

I will shut up now.
    07-01-12 01:01 AM
    the real comparison will be with the samsung galaxy SIII and "IF" (for all the haters) BB10 devices do release and the assumption is correct that they will be using the same Snapdragon S4 chipset. comparisons between the speed and smoothness of the different OS will be clear. now how fast or smooth an OS operates is all fine and dandy but will that be enough to get people out of their way and stop wanting flashy mobile devices that are used for video watching and gaming, because we already know that the Webkits browser will wipe the floor with iOS or Jellybeans. so really the only question is can RIM fix their problems in Appworld and make a good mediaplayer. only time will tell and i still have time before i am eligable for a hardware upgrade so i will be waiting and will probably end up supporting rim and buying a LTE playbook and giving my current one to my girlfriend
    07-01-12 02:33 AM
    snip...I think there are things happening that nobody outside of RIM knows. ...
    There are things happening inside RIM that RIM doesn't know, including Thor.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 07-01-12 at 03:04 AM.
    kevinnugent and Moonbase0ne like this.
    07-01-12 02:57 AM
    So what I've learned so far is the difference is with how Google contacts sync or not. Some people are picky, or trying to prove a point, and the only thing that matters is how each person feels and everyone else should feel that way too or your wrong.

Now what about the phones?
    07-01-12 07:32 AM
    These are the trolls. How anyone can say BB10 will either blow away the competition or be bhind the competition at release is ridiculous. You don't know what it is going to do compared to the competition, including apps etc.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Crackberry App!
    07-01-12 07:33 AM
    These are the trolls. How anyone can say BB10 will either blow away the competition or be bhind the competition at release is ridiculous. You don't know what it is going to do compared to the competition, including apps etc.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Crackberry App!
    It's a fairly safe assumption that it will not have as many apps as the competition at release.
    07-02-12 03:52 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD