yeah same spec, ,look at USA even 10.2 not arrive yet Lol

Posted via CB10
    if taking leaks into consideration, its kinda okay, compared to being to other Android phones that are left to the mercy of 3rd party devs, who are, cherry-picking what phones to develop for.
    12-01-13 07:28 AM
    The thread is about BB10 VS Android, which is better using facts. Sales have nothing to do with quality so even though they are facts they shouldn't e mentioned here.

I have a few facts.

On Android, generally speaking, non Nexus phones, which are virtually all of them, get one update and it takes forever, few get two, it also takes forever and it usually has problems, some get none.

On BB10, as long as the device has the specs, every phone will get the update.

Also, when comparing these two operating systems, you have to compare them themselves, not what Samsung adds exclusively to one of their phones or what a 3rd party app does.
    What??? You really believe that? Carriers are just as slow to release updates for BB10 as they are for current models of Android phones.
    Saiga and Rello like this.
    12-01-13 07:33 AM
    The thread is about BB10 VS Android, which is better using facts. Sales have nothing to do with quality so even though they are facts they shouldn't e mentioned here.

I have a few facts.

On Android, generally speaking, non Nexus phones, which are virtually all of them, get one update and it takes forever, few get two, it also takes forever and it usually has problems, some get none.

Also, when comparing these two operating systems, you have to compare them themselves, not what Samsung adds exclusively to one of their phones or what a 3rd party app does.
    Like the Playbook, right? Which had the same specs as devices that run BB10 perfectly fine, yet didn't get the update. Go "facts"!
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    12-01-13 07:34 AM
    BB10 you can text and listen to music at the same time. The S4 music stops when you text. BB10 true multitasking.
    What? No it doesn't...
    12-01-13 07:36 AM
    BB10 you can text and listen to music at the same time. The S4 music stops when you text. BB10 true multitasking.
    Where do you get your information from? Do you really think that's true? iOS and Android both keep playing music while you text, let alone any other task you might want to do.

Here is a perfect example of someone who has no idea what other platforms can do and think that BB10 is the only one that can do it. You might as well just say "BB10 is the only platform that can make phone calls" because that's on the same level of nonsense as your post about text messaging and music.
    12-01-13 07:37 AM
    I made a counter part thread to this for WP8 http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ne-8-a-879711/
    12-01-13 07:43 AM
    Anyways, I want to suggest a formatting for this thread to actually be factually correct, informative, and be a useful reference thread.

I suggest the formatting as below:

A table may be good, but the coding itself is confusing, (its not graphical, so i'm scared), so I'll be using 2 lists, like this

List A: What a BlackBerry 10 device is:
    1. What A BlackBerry 10 device is
    2. 1. Screen size fixed at certain pixels.

List B: What a Nexus-compliant Android device is:
    1. What A Nexus compliant Android device (AOSP?) is
    2. 1. Screen size fixed at physical inch, and sets in at 1080p

then grows as it is vetted, etc. Preferably when something is mentioned, both sides have a way to say how things are done. For example, the multitasking is done on Android by pressing the home button (on a button-less Nexus Android [AOSP?], or was it the screen button, (its the rectangle button, dammit!) and BlackBerry is to swipe up, etc. So everyone can learn, and not just say "zomg this way is better!". This is much more objective, and I believe does not defeat the spirit of discussion.
    12-01-13 07:45 AM
    Bullocks. I text while listening to music on my S4 all the time. And that's without using any split screen features.

Don't make stuff up in a thread asking for facts.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    12-01-13 07:51 AM
    Really,.. Thats about the Company not the device were talking about! Anyway many companies out there have gone through a transition. This is there first year of the transition. 4 new devices, several upgrades, 70,000 apps added, 1 billion dollar investment (because they see profit). Its all happened in 1 yr! It took apple along time to come out of a transition, give Blackberry time. They are building steam and momentum. Now talk phone facts!!
    I think you're mistaken on the 1 year. If you really think this all came about in 1 year I have ocean front property to sell you in Idaho.
    Warlack likes this.
    12-01-13 07:59 AM
    Carrier updates has nothing to do with it. When Google releases a new update and a non Google device is going to get it, the company, for example, Samsung, has to get it running on their device, which takes forever. On BB, an update is released and its running on all devices. If you depend on a carrier and its taking forever it has nothing to do with it.

The Playbook doesn't have the same specs as even the lowest ended BB10 device, which makes it seem that it doesn't have the specs to run it. Plus, we know and have seen BB10 running on Playbook so we know BB tried to make it happen.

And I don't see how OS6 and 7 got the shaft but either way that has nothing to do with BB10 and current times.
    damien kupuku likes this.
    12-01-13 08:06 AM
    Carrier updates has nothing to do with it. When Google releases a new update and a non Google device is going to get it, the company, for example, Samsung, has to get it running on their device, which takes forever. On BB, an update is released and its running on all devices. If you depend on a carrier and its taking forever it has nothing to do with it.

The Playbook doesn't have the same specs as even the lowest ended BB10 device, which makes it seem that it doesn't have the specs to run it. Plus, we know and have seen BB10 running on Playbook so we know BB tried to make it happen.

And I don't see how OS6 and 7 got the shaft but either way that has nothing to do with BB10 and current times.
    Dev alphas all still run BB10 perfectly fine, and have the same specs as the Playbook, even the 1Gb of RAM.
    12-01-13 08:12 AM

I have a few facts.

Spoken like someone who never owned a LEZ10. None of my BlackBerry 10 devices ever got a single OTA update. Not one. The Dev Alphas don't count, but my LEZ10s were the same thing as a Z10 except straight from BlackBerry, unlocked and not offered on a carrier. So tell me, why didn't they get OTA updates?

To update my BB10 phones, I had to download the update to my PC, break out a USB cable, deal with the worst PC software ever created, Aka BlackBerry Link and load up unofficial software.

Hey! The same thing can be done with the vast majority of Android devices. Crazy, but I've updated devices long after the manufacture stopped supporting them and the process works just about the same as loading a leaked OS on BlackBerry 10.

If you count unofficial updates for BB10, shouldn't you also count the unofficial updates for Android? I can build from AOSP, let a manufacturer stop supporting my Android device, it's alright, I'll still have an update if I want it.
    Uzi and kbz1960 like this.
    12-01-13 08:18 AM

I have a few facts.

Let us see if the Z10 gets any update beyond 10...... So far BBRY has been the worst at that.
    12-01-13 08:27 AM
    Let us see if the Z10 gets any update beyond 10...... So far BBRY has been the worst at that.
    What do you mean with beyond 10?

There have been 2 major updates already and a third one is on its way....

I believe will see all in all 4 major updates. Then the hardware will not be able to cope with all the additional features.

This is 2 years with constant updates.... Can't really complain.

On Android I pretty much had to go the leak route to keep them in shape. At most I saw 2 updates....

Posted via CB10
    damien kupuku likes this.
    12-01-13 08:33 AM
    Look what I just found -

Android 4.4 KitKat Gets Ported To 3-Year Old Motorola Defy Handset | Ubergizmo

Well, I guess we can give the update advantage to Android now. Unless of course someone here can mention a three year old BlackBerry device that is running the latest version of BlackBerry's operating system.

Actually, that has never happened in BlackBerry's history. OS4 devices missed out on OS5 updates, some OS5 devices missed out on OS6 updates, and all OS6 devices missed out on OS7. Then we have the PlayBook, which never got its promised BlackBerry 10 update. No BlackBerry in history has been supported for three years. And I'm willing to bet that the Z10, Q10, Q5, and Z30 won't either.

It is kinda silly to suggest that BlackBerry has the advantage over Android when it comes to updates.
    Warlack, kbz1960, TgeekB and 3 others like this.
    12-01-13 08:36 AM
    What do you mean with beyond 10?

There have been 2 major updates already and a third one is on its way....

I believe will see all in all 4 major updates. Then the hardware will not be able to cope with all the additional features.

This is 2 years with constant updates.... Can't really complain.

On Android I pretty much had to go the leak route to keep them in shape. At most I saw 2 updates....

Posted via CB10
    I mean beyond a 10 dot update. BBOS 5 couldn't update to 6 or 6 couldn't update to 7 and 7 couldn't update to 10. You know, major version updates like apple phones usually are able to update at least to 6 from 5 etc.
    12-01-13 08:42 AM
    I noticed it after Saiga's post

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 08:45 AM
    I mean beyond a 10 dot update. BBOS 5 couldn't update to 6 or 6 couldn't update to 7 and 7 couldn't update to 10. You know, major version updates like apple phones usually are able to update at least to 6 from 5 etc.
    Ummm - I updated my OS5 curve to OS6. And then I liked it so much I updated my friends curve as well.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 08:49 AM
    Ummm - I updated my OS5 curve to OS6. And then I liked it so much I updated my friends curve as well.

Posted via CB10
    Yes a select few. Not every OS5 device could update to OS6.
    Saiga and Rello like this.
    12-01-13 08:56 AM
    Yes a select few. Not every OS5 device could update to OS6.
    Storm 2 was one of the phones that got left on OS5, even though it wasn't that old when OS6 came out. That disappointed a lot of people who went to the 9650 so they could use OS6, only to have the same thing happen to them again once OS7 came out and they couldn't update.

The company has a really bad record when it comes to supporting their older devices and the Z10 is getting close to that age. I can honestly say I wouldn't be all to surprised if Z10 misses out on a major update sometime soon. It is already missing out on two major features of 10.2 any way.
    12-01-13 09:06 AM
    [QUOTE=Saiga;9637578]Look what I just found -
    sorry off topic,saiga can you change yoou avatar we're number 3

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 09:12 AM
    Look what I just found -

Android 4.4 KitKat Gets Ported To 3-Year Old Motorola Defy Handset | Ubergizmo

Well, I guess we can give the update advantage to Android now. Unless of course someone here can mention a three year old BlackBerry device that is running the latest version of BlackBerry's operating system.

Actually, that has never happened in BlackBerry's history. OS4 devices missed out on OS5 updates, some OS5 devices missed out on OS6 updates, and all OS6 devices missed out on OS7. Then we have the PlayBook, which never got its promised BlackBerry 10 update. No BlackBerry in history has been supported for three years. And I'm willing to bet that the Z10, Q10, Q5, and Z30 won't either.

It is kinda silly to suggest that BlackBerry has the advantage over Android when it comes to updates.
    Thr blackberry playbo... oh wait...
    Saiga and Warlack like this.
    12-01-13 09:17 AM
    yh its amazing that apples and androids, especially the later android are compatible with many many major updates. i could have had the apple 3 or 4 for what.. 4 or 5 years before not being able to update to ios7... thats very impressive.

im interested to see how many rounds the z10 will go (if it doesnt go the direction of the playbook that is )
    12-01-13 09:20 AM

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've read around here in a long time.

I don't want to say that you are outright lying to try to prove some point on who has the better multitasking capabilities but, well, that's how this claim appears.
    Unbiased Tech likes this.
    12-01-13 09:22 AM
    [QUOTE=usman_hidayat19;9637702]
    Look what I just found -
    sorry off topic,saiga can you change yoou avatar we're number 3

Posted via CB10
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but my avatar speaks the truth. It was changed to that the day Microsoft took the lead and it will go away the day BlackBerry takes the 3rd spot back. If that ever happens.

Latest global market share report:
    BB10 Vs Android: The Facts-global-smartphone-sales-platform-q3-2013.png
    Uzi likes this.
    12-01-13 09:23 AM
436 ... 678910 ...