By no means is it revolutionary, I had the slide up to home screen gesture on my iPhone 3GS and it was good in a save the home button from breaking kinda way.
    I used the same on my Android, partially for the same reason. It saves wear and tear on the hardware buttons (waking the device), but I do really love gestures.
    11-30-13 03:50 PM
    I used the same on my Android, partially for the same reason. It saves wear and tear on the hardware buttons (waking the device), but I do really love gestures.
    My preference is gesture based navigation

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 03:52 PM
    Saving the hardware buttons is the only time I feel gestures or on screen buttons are better.

The only time I've found gestures to be quicker was the Zephyr jailbreak tweak which allowed you to swipe from the sides of the phones bezel to switch to the next app. Everything else was just for show tbh.
    11-30-13 04:01 PM
    Saving the hardware buttons is the only time I feel gestures or on screen buttons are better.

The only time I've found gestures to be quicker was the Zephyr jailbreak tweak which allowed you to swipe from the sides of the phones bezel to switch to the next app. Everything else was just for show tbh.
    Why would you have to worry about saving the hardware buttons? I never worried about that on a BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 04:02 PM

Assuming that you are speaking of an Android? The Z10 and gestures is by far smoother and quicker to anywhere. Not for show....actually useful. and the buttons...just take up valuable screen space......whether on not its maker.....BB included.... 10.2.1.1055 OS (a leak) has taken it much further in so many areas. App to app. Pinch to isolate in the HUB any message group (customizable) message to message.....etc....
    missing_K-W and Vorkosigan like this.
    11-30-13 04:16 PM
    Gestures were revolutionary. WebOS initial implementation was very nice, back in 2009.

Rello, eldricho, Bsbudd and 4 others like this.
    11-30-13 04:20 PM
    Why would you have to worry about saving the hardware buttons? I never worried about that on a BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't the Z10 or Z30 have any hardware buttons?
    11-30-13 04:22 PM
    One platform is not inherently "better" than another; only what is best for one's needs . . Buy what you like and let other people buy what they like. OP sounds like some playground bully coming in to kick sand and stir up trouble.

If you like it, buy it and enjoy it, and let others do the same
    bbq10l, eldricho, Bsbudd and 1 others like this.
    11-30-13 04:24 PM
    Assuming that you are speaking of an Android? The Z10 and gestures is by far smoother and quicker to anywhere. Not for show....actually useful. and the buttons...just take up valuable screen space......whether on not its maker.....BB included.... 10.2.1.1055 OS (a leak) has taken it much further in so many areas. App to app. Pinch to isolate in the HUB any message group (customizable) message to message.....etc....
    I was on about the iPhone

On my S3 I use on screen nav buttons mainly (as long as the ROM includes it). I personally do like gestures but feel that they are just another way of doing things rather than doing them quicker. Definitely agree on the home button taking up valuable screen space though.
    11-30-13 04:25 PM
    No home button means that for me Bb10 wins hands down every time.

Does android sell more? Of course. It's only almost every other phone manufacturer selling it. Tim Hortons sells more coffee than my favourite coffee shop. My favourite coffee shop however has, imo, a far superior coffee.

Posted via CB10
    TH serves ratpiss

Acidwire likes this.
    11-30-13 04:29 PM
    TH serves ratpiss

Well I agree in part. They certainly have horrible coffee. Roflol.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 04:31 PM
    TH serves ratpiss

Lol. I'm heading out to get some now lol

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 04:31 PM
    I find it funny how many of the Android cadre jumped all over the home button comment. I did post that 'for me' BB10 wins hands down. I don't really care whether or not anyone else has a problem with a home button.

What's really funny is when it's something that android or apple has that BB10 is missing - and if a BlackBerry fan dares to say that it's unnecessary - there's a whole bunch of posts saying that the BlackBerry fans will change their tune as soon as they get it on their platform.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 04:37 PM
    I find it funny how many of the Android cadre jumped all over the home button comment. I did post that 'for me' BB10 wins hands down. I don't really care whether or not anyone else has a problem with a home button.

What's really funny is when it's something that android or apple has that BB10 is missing - and if a BlackBerry fan dares to say that it's unnecessary - there's a whole bunch of posts saying that the BlackBerry fans will change their tune as soon as they get it on their platform.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think the "cadre" jumped on you for anything... you used the all important qualifier: "for you." That cannot be argued with, and makes complete sense.

I think the mostly respectful debate (IMHO) when the term innovative was used by another poster. I don't think anyone dismisses the use of gestures. It's pretty cool, just not for everybody. Outside that point, I think we can discuss if it a true advantage for BBRY as a whole.
    Acidwire and Fidel Mercado like this.
    11-30-13 04:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    The gesture based navigation puts those two platforms to shame in terms of fast and fluid navigation . However it is a matter of personal preference. I do love bb10s gesture based navigation

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 04:45 PM
    Android is a cheaply designed os with cheaply designed hardware (plastics galore) it's got 1 billion security loop holes and every single app wants access to your phone, data, network, email and all personal files (yes a basic battery app).

Go to android if you want to become a resource mined by everyone.

Posted via CB10
    bradu1 and damien kupuku like this.
    11-30-13 04:50 PM
    The gesture based navigation puts those two platforms to shame in terms of fast and fluid navigation . However it is a matter of personal preference. I do love bb10s gesture based navigation

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. We both concede that choice is a good thing. And yes, I love gestures.
    missing_K-W and Rello like this.
    11-30-13 04:56 PM
    Yeah but,.. Sad part is that most people who purchase Android or IOS don't know how to use but a very small portion of whats there. Whether it has power or not! Blackberry owners take it to the next level and completely use the mobile computing platform to there advantage. ie I connect mouse, keyboard, monitor, and a usb hardrive to my Blackberry and complete alot of work. It really depends on what a person purchases it for. Mines Mobile office and more! Catch up Android, used them all and Blackberry tops the chart for my PC business! IMHO!
    missing_K-W and damien kupuku like this.
    11-30-13 04:57 PM
    Just the other day I was called the biggest Blackberry fan on CB. An honor I hold in high regards. Wouldn't waste my time on the forums unless I was a huge BlackBerry fan hope that clears that up

Posted via CB10
    Too bad 'huge fans' tend to become slightly delusional when their passion is faced with criticism.

The potential to obtain and sustain profitability is there. When bb10 ceases to exist only then can one solidify a reason to pass judgment on an infant platform.

How the future plays out in the means of profitability can rectify the initial losses.

Posted via CB10

Your earlier comments on profitability evidently display this.

No platform is better than the other, it comes down to preference and as others have mentioned what the individual is primarily seeking from their smartphone. 10.2.1 is great, but it doesn't make the OS on BlackBerry any better than what anyone else is offering, it simply makes it better for people who are already on it.

Posted via CB10
    bbq10l and Uzi like this.
    11-30-13 04:58 PM
    The gesture based navigation puts those two platforms to shame in terms of fast and fluid navigation .
    How so exactly? How exactly does the BB gesture navigation "put to shame" the others? Is it somehow more difficult to use gestures on the other platforms? Do gestures on the other platforms somehow not work as they should? Is there some advantage a BB10 device has over other devices simply due to using more gestures? I work with the big 4 mobile platforms on a semi-regular basis. None of them have any drawbacks in terms of fluid and fast navigation, nor are they impacted positively or negatively due to (or lack of) additional gestures.
    bbq10l, Drew808, Acidwire and 2 others like this.
    11-30-13 04:59 PM
    Yeah but,.. Sad part is that most people who purchase Android or IOS don't know how to use but a very small portion of whats there. Whether it has power or not! Blackberry owners take it to the next level and completely use the mobile computing platform to there advantage. ie I connect mouse, keyboard, monitor, and a usb hardrive to my Blackberry and complete alot of work. It really depends on what a person purchases it for. Mines Mobile office and more! Catch up Android, used them all and Blackberry tops the chart for my PC business! IMHO!
    Shenanigans. Pure and simple...shenanigans.
    Rello, bbq10l, Drew808 and 2 others like this.
    11-30-13 05:00 PM
    The Z30 is the first BlackBerry made that can provide the mobile office experience you crave, but Android devices have been able to do the same things since 2011. It is cool to be excited about those things, but that doesn't change the fact that Android was doing them years before BlackBerry 10 even existed. If anything, it is BlackBerry who has finally caught up.
    11-30-13 05:04 PM
    Shenanigans. Pure and simple...shenanigans.
    Lmao that's exactly what I said when I read that.

I've never owned an android device and I know Android has done much of that for many years. And Mobile computing.....does he know no one on Crackberry knows what that is lol. BlackBerry doesn't even know what it is yet lol

Posted via CB10
    Saiga, Acidwire and kbz1960 like this.
    I don't think the "cadre" jumped on you for anything... you used the all important qualifier: "for you." That cannot be argued with, and makes complete sense.

I think the mostly respectful debate (IMHO) when the term innovative was used by another poster. I don't think anyone dismisses the use of gestures. It's pretty cool, just not for everybody. Outside that point, I think we can discuss if it a true advantage for BBRY as a whole.
    I respect your interpretation and will go with it.

Posted via CB10
    Since the purchase of QNX, the company has lost almost $3 billion on their new platform. And that figure only includes the purchase of QNX ($200 million) and the inventory write off for the PlayBook (estimated at $1.5 billion), and the Z10 ($1 billion). That figure would much higher if I had the totals for developing the new OS, marketing, all of the developer promotions and other expenses related to the new platform.

Bottom line, they haven't made a dime of profit off of the new platform. It has been a complete commercial failure and that isn't a opinion, it is a fact.
    Really,.. Thats about the Company not the device were talking about! Anyway many companies out there have gone through a transition. This is there first year of the transition. 4 new devices, several upgrades, 70,000 apps added, 1 billion dollar investment (because they see profit). Its all happened in 1 yr! It took apple along time to come out of a transition, give Blackberry time. They are building steam and momentum. Now talk phone facts!!
    11-30-13 05:05 PM
436 12345 ...