unfortunately it is very common to see people juggling several activities while driving....even at the risk of a ticket or find

More importantly, even at the risk of killing themselves and others.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    12-04-13 01:30 AM
    But sadly everything you wrote was false...

Posted via CB10
    And even more super extra sadder even is...
    Oh just get a sense of humour.
    :>)
    12-04-13 01:44 AM
    I see you missed out on when I was trying to say that most people buy devices without actually doing their thorough homework. I was not referring to you, and as I can see, you look into stuff before making decisions and I admire the fact that you do so, as well as I admire the fact that you reply in a calm and respectful manner, therefore respect to you

Now, as for the generalisation bit... I would ASSUME it's safe to say that certain features ARE indeed gimmicky. A lot of people I know would never use a phone again if it dropped down the toilet. Swimming pool point, yes, that makes sense. Maybe my example was not so obvious. It is useful to have a water proof phone but I do not believe that should be the main/only selling point. As for what you about deciding what a gimmicky feature is, with reference to the water proof feature, point taken, yes, I was wrong in that case. Getting back to my previous point, some features can safely be classified as gimmicks like scrolling with your eyes. Anyone who can open up a Web page by clicking on icons can use their finger to scroll, and while I have not personally tested the feature I ASSUME it would not be flawless due to viewing angles and just looking away and stuff. I should have a look into that.

Anyway thanks for a great argument.

Lastly, to that guy talking about Android's features of having little boxes with chats to reply from anywhere. That doesn't apply to new notifications to people that you weren't speaking to, right? It also might be more convenient to just reply as they come along especially if chatting with several people. I also love the way it can be integrated with 3rd party messaging apps although I want to see BBM replacing all of them Currently WhatsApp is better on iOS in my opinion. Not gonna go into that, but yeah.

One last thing: Everyone judges. We use our JUDGEment every day so you can't really tell someone to "not judge". You could tell that my judgement does not have substantial information or that my argument could be proved wrong but asking someone to not judge is overused and goes contradicts what the person who is asking is doing in the first place, making a judgement about the other person's statement :P

Btw, loving this convo. Mad respect.

Posted via CB10
    And much respect to you!!!! It is such a pleasure to find someone in his teens who can speak in a logical mature manner. There are a few on this board whose thoughts I love reading.

I imagine you're a sophomore? Considered some debate classes? It will hone up your already considerable skills.

As far as the post, I understand your points. I'm not so sure that the prevalence of people who buy without thinking is so high, the people around me do think long and hard when their contracts come up and they have to get a new phone. They generally bend my ear and I tell them my experiences with my devices but I don't make it general.

I enjoyed our discussion tremendously. We have different perspectives on some things and we might disagree on others, but it is refreshing to disagree without being disagreeable. Many thanks, this was an oasis of civility in a desert wilderness of acrimony.
    anon(4185604) likes this.
    12-04-13 05:44 AM
    Lastly, to that guy talking about Android's features of having little boxes with chats to reply from anywhere. That doesn't apply to new notifications to people that you weren't speaking to, right? It also might be more convenient to just reply as they come along especially if chatting with several people. I also love the way it can be integrated with 3rd party messaging apps although I want to see BBM replacing all of them Currently WhatsApp is better on iOS in my opinion. Not gonna go into that, but yeah.

Posted via CB10
    That'll be me

The boxes that pop up are for any SMS that is delivered to your phone regardless if they are new or from a previous conversation.

The Halo feature is a new level by literally opening up the app into a pop up box on top of the task you are doing so you're not limited to SMS, you can reply or use anything that appears in your notification bar so that could be emails, sms, twitter, Facebook, music controls etc
    anon(4185604) likes this.
    12-04-13 06:48 AM
    And even more super extra sadder even is...
    Oh just get a sense of humour.
    :>)
    I was adding to the pattern lol

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 09:17 AM
    Heins comments, look it up. You calling BlackBerry liars? rofl
    Dude, get over it. This argument is moot. The Playbook also had a super old processor. BlackBerry didn't tell the entire truth. Why milk a dead cow?

And if you want to get into specifics, BB10 DID run on the Playbook. TH just decided that it wasn't up to his standards.

Posted with my Q10!
    12-04-13 09:45 AM
    And much respect to you!!!! It is such a pleasure to find someone in his teens who can speak in a logical mature manner. There are a few on this board whose thoughts I love reading.

I imagine you're a sophomore? Considered some debate classes? It will hone up your already considerable skills.

As far as the post, I understand your points. I'm not so sure that the prevalence of people who buy without thinking is so high, the people around me do think long and hard when their contracts come up and they have to get a new phone. They generally bend my ear and I tell them my experiences with my devices but I don't make it general.

I enjoyed our discussion tremendously. We have different perspectives on some things and we might disagree on others, but it is refreshing to disagree without being disagreeable. Many thanks, this was an oasis of civility in a desert wilderness of acrimony.
    Sorry, as much as I'd love to reply I've just got a lot of work pending for tomorrow and I'm trying to get that done and hopefully secure a good 4 hours of sleep :P Haha I slept during the day so that this could happen.

Don't worry, I'll respond to that lovely post of yours tomorrow (no sarcasm) Thanks once again

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 03:23 PM
    Dude, get over it. This argument is moot. The Playbook also had a super old processor. BlackBerry didn't tell the entire truth. Why milk a dead cow?

And if you want to get into specifics, BB10 DID run on the Playbook. TH just decided that it wasn't up to his standards.

Posted with my Q10!
    The dead Cow still makes milk lol.

sent from my galaxy note 3
    12-04-13 06:54 PM
    With 10.2.1 BB10 can run Android apps much easier. I am curious why this is not making more of a splash? I think this is valuable to address the app issue and lack of ecosystem and should help handset sales.

That being said, can someone explain the UNIQUE value BB10/QNX brings vs BB developing a BB fork of Android with BB "security"? Is it a matter of being to stuck on an past decision vs admitting failure/to late to the party and move on?

Why is BB10/QNX so much better than Android? I like Blackberry(have a BB9900) and want it to succeed but have trouble understanding why I should get a BB10 vs an Android my wife or I's next phone. Why would I buy a phone that has has to emulate an OS vs just buy a phone that runs the OS?

The only thing I can see is BALANCE. And that feature only has value if you work for a company that REQUIRES use of a BB due to the ability to control the device fully for security reasons. BBM no longer applies and the UI stuff is a religious war as far as I am concerned.

I want to support BB but am having difficulty justifying the complication. Guidance please.
    12-06-13 08:54 AM
    I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If there was ever evidence of that mentality, it is now. "Who needs Apps????" "Apps are for immature teenage girls" "Who needs Instagram?" "Use the browser!!!"

And now......

"WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE APP GAP IS CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST DOWNLOADED 150 GAZILLION APPS FROM 1MOBILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Oh!!!!!!!!!!! and then they try to convince me, who have always stressed security, that it is worth it to put my phone at risk by going to an APK grabber just so that I can get the apps I'VE ALREADY GOT on my iPhone and my SGIII on the BlackBerry whose principal value to me is SECURITY. No......I want BLACKBERRY APPS on my BLACKBERRY.

It is a very interesting study in human nature.
    Yep. That about sums it up.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 04:01 PM

As promised, I will type out a long and (hopefully) kind reply. Well, firstly, I apologise for being a day late.

So, let me start out with... First of all, (wait I already said firstly), don't make me blush xD I'm not very mature (and I'm not just being modest), I do enjoy speaking logically at times but most of the time I am literally just making immature jokes primarily involving subjects synonymous with the lovely numbers "6" and "9". As for what you said earlier, here in the UK, I'm a student in 6th form, so I'm not too sure what you mean, but if I was in the US I think this would be my last year of high school although it's my second last year of 6th form.

And, I'm not sure if you meant me, when you stated "There are a few on this board whose thoughts I love reading”, but I’d like to believe that it was Oh and back to the debating classes, I have never really been good at debating, but haven’t tried in almost 3 years, so who knows :P I do think that I’d make a bad debater unless I’m passionate about the topic. Yes, it is refreshing to disagree without being disagreeable.

“Many thanks, this was an oasis of civility in a desert wilderness of acrimony” <- this. ^_^
    12-07-13 04:09 AM
436 ... 161718